Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 66 67
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
First off all I know I'm going to get flamed but after less than a 100 post in 5 years I have very little to lose.Out of all the gun/hunting forums on the net the 24 hour campfire IMO has the most knowledgeable members also the rudest.I don't know much about hunting and guns and I will be the first to admit it. Many times I have want to say something and thought about it a long time and decided not to because I didn't want to read a 1 or 2 word smart ass answer just to drive up somebody post count.Then there will be somebody who spent a lot of time and money haveing a custom rifle built and post a pictue of ther pride and joy just to get reamed because the twist of the rifling is wrong or scopes to big or small.Some times it gets real personal. It seems 2 or 3 set the tone for this forum.I know real world people don't talk to each other like this.I guess it's like road rage behind a computor screen.I know owning a large auto repair shop that most people will say things to you on the phone that they would never say to your face.just to beat somebody to it I'm not a liberal,I don't spell well,I say stupid stuff although I try not to and I ask stupid question some times.There I beat you to the punch.I realize this will probably be my last post.Flame on.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Your questions are fair... You might be a little thin skinned but I hope that ain't your last post...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
no flame intended at all Patrick, but sometimes when sitting around a real campfire,not a virtual one, the banter and such is even worse.

No reason for you to feel distraught at all about this thread. It is a good post.

Sam......

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's a forum for thick skinned folks,Pat, who cover thick skinned subjects, at times. It's also a forum of very compassionate folks when the need arises. If you've been reading a good while, as you say, you'd know that.

It is also a forum that doesn't suffer fools much either but if you don't compartmentalize it, you get your answers while having your laughs and fits of aggression along the ways.My first forum and I've not looked elsewhere since. Good friends can be made here, just learn the schemata.

It gets back to the old "if you can't stand the heat....". I'm guessing you were wanting to leave and were going to so the post seemed timely to you. You know how these type posts are received.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep I agree, I have thought twice about posting a response too out of self preservation because I am not as quick witted as some here. But you have to have some skin man! If it gets to you that bad ignore them! Sam is correct in that some of the real campfires I have been around are a lot rougher than this.

Don't leave a place just because someone bugs you a bit. Stand up to them, let them know how you feel, just like you have here.

Nobdoy is going to flame you for stating your opinion! BTW the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
It's a forum for thick skinned folks,Pat, who cover thick skinned subjects, at times. It's also a forum of very compassionate folks when the need arises. If you've been reading a good while, as you say, you'd know that.

It is also a forum that doesn't suffer fools much either but if you don't compartmentalize it, you get your answers while having your laughs and fits of aggression along the ways.My first forum and I've not looked elsewhere since. Good friends can be made here, just learn the schemata.

It gets back to the old "if you can't stand the heat....". I'm guessing you were wanting to leave and were going to so the post seemed timely to you. You know how these type posts are received.

Isaac is a lawyer....he HAS to have thick skin and no feelings...............whistle grin

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
There is a wealth of information on this site & I have had gunsmithing questions answered which saved me a lot of expense & aggravation. Unfortunately, a few specialize in smart a$$ answers & a few more are the preeminent experts in any aspect of domestic or foreign policy. I stay away from most of the useless arguments & just move onto more interesting posts. I agree that many say things on the Internet that they would never say in person. All of that said, members reflect most of society. Helpful knowledgeable people, some that take pride in creating arguments & embarrassing others, & a few that are just plain stupid. All in all, Rick Bin has created a wonderful site for hunters & shooters. Hope you post more & learn to use spell check like I have. I can't spell from chit.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Patrick_James
Many times I have want to say something and thought about it a long time and decided not to because I didn't want to read a 1 or 2 word smart ass answer just to drive up somebody post count.

This is about post count? Man thanks for telling me. I better get on it.

Just curious---What's the significance of the 3 at the end of your message?

Thanks and keep posting. Sux not to.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I just remember the saying.."they can kill ya, but they can't fuggin eat ya!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well said, but if all the good guys go, the bungholes win.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
guess you did not see John Moses' post about that. smile

Sam......

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tbear
I can't spell from chit.

I can't tipe fer chit! So there! I kin spel jist fine!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Some times it gets real personal. It seems 2 or 3 set the tone for this forum.I know real world people don't talk to each other like this.I guess it's like road rage behind a computor screen.I know owning a large auto repair shop that most people will say things to you on the phone that they would never say to your face.

It's been said that some of the things that some people post, would not be said to the other parties face.......not without someone spitting teeth anyway.

Last edited by ironbender; 10/25/09.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

OK I'll bite....where in there did you get insulted? Seems to me one member is being a Richard Noggin.....so put him on ignore! Have to admit I just skimmed them 2 threads.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trolls happen.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well some folks here are wordier than others, I am not for the most part unless I REALLY get fired up about something.

That said, this is a great place here that Rick provides with a mostly hands off approach. Kudo's to him as we rarely NEED a "hall monitor" as most are very adult here.

Hang in and mostly read if you so desire.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
It seems that someone has a problem with a certain Alaskan that used to be a Logger...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Without exception, the guys who are continuously rude and purposely spoil threads with BS comments are underachievers who are jealous of high achievers. I usually ignore such people, though I ocassionally I rip them new azzholes (both online AND in person), the decision as to when I rip somone is entirely arbitrary. It's just something you have to do periodically to get jealous underachievers to shut up. They are like the Muslim extremists in that they only understand and respect strength. If you are nice to them or tolerate them, they see it as a sign of weakness.

Having said that, most of these guys here are really meaning to be humorous, and chances are if they were in person the comments wouldn't seem rude, they'd seem funny. Otherwise they'd get their azz kicked......... wink

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
I kin spel jist fine!

Glad you got yourself convinced of that one grin

Lynn

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

256 members (16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 34 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,235
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.