Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 67 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 66 67
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PWC=prick +1

lilstick, whatever his name use to be...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just wade into a post just deep enough not to freeze my nuts and then back out a bit...stay there for entertainment.

Hell, from there I laugh, agree, or disagree (seldom) and go dead ahead full speed but I do it all for entertainment value. Too much too many too serious smile

Enjoy, the good outweighs the bad!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Its not all about post count . . . . .

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Its also about . . . . .

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Making silly jokes . . . .

IC B2

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GeoW
I just wade into a post just deep enough not to freeze my nuts and then back out a bit...stay there for entertainment.

And Laffin' at Geo's Blue Balls . . . . . grin

Last edited by BMT; 10/25/09.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Patrick_James
Thanks to all.But my post was not primarily about me.I am a to serious person but my questions have never been that important to be offended by.I'm mild in nature 6'4" and 235 lb's and work on trucks for living every day.I hate bulies and always stick up for the underdog.It bother me greatly to see somebody put there heart and soul into a custom gun and be treated like that.My wife says I should not even be on the net.She's probley right.I just like hunting and hunting rifles.I hope I have not offended anybody.I just think people should be more respectful unless you know them real well. sincerely PJ

But we're not mean, Jessica is . . . . . . wink

Last edited by BMT; 10/25/09.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Patrick_James
Thanks to all.But my post was not primarily about me.I am a to serious person but my questions have never been that important to be offended by.I'm mild in nature 6'4" and 235 lb's and work on trucks for living every day.I hate bulies and always stick up for the underdog.It bother me greatly to see somebody put there heart and soul into a custom gun and be treated like that.My wife says I should not even be on the net.She's probley right.I just like hunting and hunting rifles.I hope I have not offended anybody.I just think people should be more respectful unless you know them real well. sincerely PJ

Well, said, and I also hope you stick around. This is a pretty good place. Lots of other sites you get threads like:

"LOOOk aT My bUIlD ov A siK aK47 PIStol!!!"

This is the best site I know of for talk about hunting, hunting rifles, and handloading. As for the anti-California BS, just ignore it. Even the guys who spout that usually are otherwise standup guys.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But we're not mean, Jessica is . . . . . .

It approached cruelty.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

NOW watch the flaming begin.

It's like you are asking to be dumped on in a classic troll-like manner.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
What did you expect, 'bender? Or maybe that's your point. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I rest my case! wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some of these people saying these things are drunk or high on drugs. You can ignore them when they are behind a dumpster shooting up with a syringes or drinking cheap wine out of a bag but they are in your face here and you can't drive by and look the other way. Very sincere fella that started the post and a big heart, would be a shame to see this guy go and creeps remain.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Trading insults is the work environment air that I have breathed for over 30 years. Sometimes it does get old.

I think that Larry BigStick is a LOT nicer in person than comes across on the internet. Just my opinion.

Sometimes this internet thing just doesn't convey the friendly jest that some folks might intend, it comes across a lot more harsh I suppose.

I guess we could all be more nicer to one another.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
� Is retiring as Major after 20+ years being an high achiever?
I call Bravo Sierra Blane and I would have no problem saying that to your face...

One of the captains whom I worked with at the proving ground was a true multi-decorated hero of the Viet Nam war � subject of a chapter or two in one of General "Slam" Marshall's books. He was a quiet guy, but his combat record hollered. He'd been decorated several times for the way that he'd led his men out of a couple of NVA ambushes. He was a true living legend among the other officers and noncoms � veterans all � at the proving ground.

When he came-up for promotion to major, he was older than any of the other candidate captains, so the Army brains said that he was "too old" (at thirty-five! IIRC) to be included in the quota for promotions to major. (The truth is that his combat commission wasn't considered as worthy as the others' Academy training.) The Army then demoted him to Master Sergeant, transferred him, and retired him.

By no means would I put him in the same category with a forcibly retired Navy LT whom I'd worked with, who'd warped the keel of his destroyer by running it at flank speed all the way back to Norfolk to take his wife to dinner. He wore that idolized, magical Academy ring � and the superior attitude that went with it � so he'd retired with the usual hoop-la (but no promotion to LCDR).

I know nothing of friend Blaine's record, but I'd be awful slow to disparage his rank or his retirement.

Thanks Ken. Even though the medical thing made the pronmotion iffy, it still stung when I was passed over to O-5. However, I decided it wasn't going to make me bitter, like I saw happen to several guys. I decided became what they call an "Iron Major," which means that you work as hard as you ever did to prove to yourself the USAF was wrong. Once you attain that status you are not treated like a passed over O-4, you are treated as a highly competent professional that can and will handle anything, no matter how high that task is supposed to be above your pay grade.

The biggest compliment I ever received was from an 0-6 fighter pilot. He was irritated when he heard about the bufoonery of a certain O-5. To which he shook his head and said, "Lt Col X does crap like this, yet we pass over guys like Painter." I'd much rather be a guy who they thought should have been promoted than a guy who they thought shouldn't have been promoted.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
And Stick/PWC, will dose out some good stuff before he gets booted, there is a LOT of good info that comes out of him, some just don't know how to handle him though...

You know, I just don't agree with that sentiment. When Stick first showed up he was so far ahead of so many of us in hunting and shooting we hung on his every word. Back then he passed on a LOT of good info in a respectful manner, and was even able to be a man and take a little crap flung at him without starting a pissin' match. I always wondered what happened to him, and wondered why he became the worthless progenitor of drivel that he is today.

I think he just couldn't handle it when the Campfire grew and guys showed up that could best him in everything he did. That, and many here developed skills beyond what Stick had, and instead of being proud that he was part of that, it shook his ego. After all, Stick used to be THE source of knowledge on hunting Alaska, but now we have Phil Shoemaker. By all accounts, Phil is just as crusty, but at least Phil knows how to write. Stick used to be THE man when it came to shooting long range well from field positions, but nowadays no one here is going to beat Shane (Montana Marine) or Jeff (rost495) in that area. There are many here who have wrung out exceptional accuracy from rifles of all weights and at all distances, yet when challenged, Larry would never even post group sizes.

So when you consider there isn't one thing Larry can do that someone else here hasn't done better, what point is there is to putting up with his insulting rants anymore?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Never was a hoss that couldn't be rode, never was a rider who couldn't be throwed."

True a century ago.

Still true.

One of the main reasons that I asked Rick to change the name of the original "Ask Ken Howell" forum to "Ask the Gun Writers" � and then didn't answer a lot of the questions � was that so many of you "ordinary" guys were posting better answers than I could've posted.

As one of the immortal Clint Eastwood characters said, a fellow's gotta know his limitations.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ah yes, A man's got to know his limitations ( I think that might have be Josey Whales). remind me again how Jeff O is the man to beat in the long range arena.(regarding Blaine's post). Tim.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm sorry, I misread the post on the long range shooting pissin' match. But, clarify how these other guys "took the title from Stick" in the long range arena. I'd like to know, cuz I know some Nevada and Oregon boys that do Ok in the long range arena. Tim.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do not think, Blaine referred to any actual competition taking place, but more a shift in expertise so to speak.

Whos opinions are heard, if you will.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Page 5 of 67 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 58 invisible), 2,919 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,358
Posts18,488,022
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.