Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 67 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 66 67
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That was funny....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well....yes. wink

I was just funnin' you Doc, didn't you see the smiley?

I have great respect for anyone who has earned a doctorate.

I am currently enrolled at St. Copias of the Ruptured Spleen and am conducting experiments on people who are eating the earth.

JM grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

Is it satisfying to ridicule something that you know nothing about and make no effort to know anything about?

I'd have to say yes, indeed so.

I can think of several examples.

and it's good sport for some, we enjoy the heck outa needling each other here. Some of my favoritest guys here are always giving me grief, ironbender, isaac (gonna have to shut down "i" handles)

do we know each other well enough to do so? I doubt it, but we still have fun doing it

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nevermind the fact that he/she has the audacity to criticize other Campfire members!!

W-w-w-what?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Got to say I agree. It's not that I think Jeff Osama should be banned or anything, it's just that I don't understand why he doesn't just move on to some Dem Underground type site or something. He/she doesn't fit here at all.

Sure he does, he hunts, he shoots, he re-loads..oh ya but his politics are different. I know sometimes it gets lost in the dust ups, but this is a hunting a shooting site, not a political board.

No, I don't agree with most of his opinions on politics, but there was no disclaimer when joining up (like there is on a lot of lib boards) stating which political bend you have to be.

Kicking him out, or forcing him out would just be playing the Huffington game. He gets back what he gives ten fold, so who cares?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Is it satisfying to ridicule something that you know nothing about and make no effort to know anything about?

We both know the answer is YES for some and that extends for certain to ridiculing people here also.

As to why and what to do about it is a topic of interest to me. I enjoy forums a great deal but I wish that they were more civilized.
=============================================
What is Sola Gratia?

The hallmark and glory of Protestant theology is its commitment to sola gratia,or the assertion that we are saved by grace alone.

Someone above has Sola Gratia as a signature. I just posted the above as a thought.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DixieFreedomz

I think that Larry BigStick is a LOT nicer in person than comes across on the internet. Just my opinion.

I bet that's true, the guy always gave me advice asked for, free of insult, but then he could tell I didn't know a damned thing about that which I was trying to learn. Maybe there is something to his short disposition with alternative opinion. I did notice to disagree was to invite a shooting war.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Got to say I agree. It's not that I think Jeff Osama should be banned or anything, it's just that I don't understand why he doesn't just move on to some Dem Underground type site or something. He/she doesn't fit here at all.

Sure he does, he hunts, he shoots, he re-loads..oh ya but his politics are different. I know sometimes it gets lost in the dust ups, but this is a hunting a shooting site, not a political board.

No, I don't agree with most of his opinions on politics, but there was no disclaimer when joining up (like there is on a lot of lib boards) stating which political bend you have to be.

Kicking him out, or forcing him out would just be playing the Huffington game. He gets back what he gives ten fold, so who cares?

This may not be a wise thing to admit, but I like Jeff.
Our political views are poles apart, but if I respond with civility he returns the same.
He is completely wrong about everything, but looking around at who got elected recently he is sure not the only one in this country, grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you made me laugh Tracks

thank you, great way to start my morn

"I like Jeff......he's completely wrong about everything"

oh I so enjoy you'se guys

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Savage_99

We both know the answer is YES for some and that extends for certain to ridiculing people here also.

As to why and what to do about it is a topic of interest to me. I enjoy forums a great deal but I wish that they were more civilized.

Guess I'm just doomed to never understand that mind set.

I don't feel superior to anybody.

Don't feel any desire to feel superior to anybody.

Can't imagine how feeling superior to anybody � especially somebody whom I don't know � could be satisfying.

Can't imagine how feeling superior to anybody relates to disagreement.

Can't understand how disparaging somebody else would even fleetingly soothe anybody's ego.

What I do understand � and have understood since I was sixteen � is that it's worlds easier to be clever in a cutting or disparaging way than it is to be creative in a positive, complimentary way. For sixty-three years, I've found it to be both fun and a challenge. I'd much rather tell a beautiful woman that her only flaw is that she doesn't belong to me than ask an ugly one how much she charges to haunt a house.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I don't want to offend you, Ken, but in case you didn't notice, what you just posted is all about taking a "superior" position, is it not?

Welcome to the club.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No more so than yours, Amigo. To me, different doesn't mean either better or worse.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just different, I hear ya Ken!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
No more so than yours, Amigo.....

Exactly, pal. The difference is I am aware of it.

No ill will...just making a minor point about us humans.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There is better/worse in much.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Well....yes. wink

I was just funnin' you Doc, didn't you see the smiley?

I have great respect for anyone who has earned a doctorate.

I am currently enrolled at St. Copias of the Ruptured Spleen and am conducting experiments on people who are eating the earth.

JM grin

Sounds, uhhhh, interesting??
Well,maybe that wasn't the right word...
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Candor compels me to confess that yes, I do feel that some of my values are better than some that show-up here.

Doesn't everybody feel exactly that way about his own values?

Isn't that the essence of honest disagreement?

Why would my opinions be any more a sign of "arrogance" than anybody else's? Is your opinion a sign of "arrogance?"

Spare me 0.02� psychobabblish appraisals of my mind set.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmm, I think he has a point there doc, you just explained why your way of handling situations is superior..but I do agree with your premise.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
No more so than yours, Amigo.....

Exactly, pal. The difference is I am aware of it. �

Originally Posted by Barkoff
� you just explained why your way of handling situations is superior �

What you see is more than there is.

"Good enough" isn't.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Ken is superior in much I fail at but I'm working on back door acrimony and self pity.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 7 of 67 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,953
Posts18,519,323
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.