Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 67 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 66 67
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Candor compels me to confess that yes, I do feel that some of my values are better than some that show-up here.

Doesn't everybody feel exactly that way about his own values?

Isn't that the essence of honest disagreement?

Why would my opinions be any more a sign of "arrogance" than anybody else's? Is your opinion a sign of "arrogance?"

Spare me 0.02� psychobabblish appraisals of my mind set.

I don't think I called you arrogant, but since you mentioned it...if the shoe fits....

So much for my $.02 worth of trying to be polite.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

I don't think I called you arrogant, but since you mentioned it...if the shoe fits....

So much for my $.02 worth of trying to be polite.

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tracks
There was a time that I thought every military failure was promotedd to Major or Lt. Commander and then parked somewhere out of the way. Lately I'm not so sure about that.
I think I could get along with Blaine just fine and I highly respect him for his his service to the country..
From what I've read he is a pretty savvy guy too.
What worries me is I think I could like Bart as well.
Maybe I need a Doctor. grin

My only issue with Bart is he is disrespectful, and I don't tolerate disrespect. It has nothing to do with one's rank or occupation or socio-economic status. With me, most everyone starts out with a whole boatload of respect. However, many of the folks work extra hard at pissing away that respect, and once it's gone it's very hard to get back.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A M E N Blain, preach it Brother.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well, since this thread has been hi-jacked/spoiled...

Thanks for the '06 Blaine, still in the safe, haven't done anything with it, but at least I ain't shot the donor blush

Charlie

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blaine

My only issue with Bart is he is disrespectful, and I don't tolerate disrespect. It has nothing to do with one's rank or occupation or socio-economic status. With me, most everyone starts out with a whole boatload of respect. However, many of the folks work extra hard at pissing away that respect, and once it's gone it's very hard to get back.

I've read most of your posts Blaine and you have been as arrogant as anyone that's come through here. You have earned ZERO respect in my opinion. I don't like you and have no problem letting you and everyone else know how I feel.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lets get ready to RRRumble! Old men with canes n' whellchairs gone wild. Just another day.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What did 'ya think of Si Casa Flores? Is as close as we can get to Tex Mex here in Southern Oregon.........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ditto Sir. Also, you can't judge a Military Man by rank achieved. I knew a LCDR who retired after 30. He started out as a Seaman Recruit, advanced through Senior Chief, and got his commission. He was a very successful man.

As a Medic I was involved in several life/death situations. Some lived and some didn't. Was I successful in my Military career? I don't particularly feel so but I bet there are others who would disagree.

Those who are disrespectful to others have some deep seated personal problems. Nothing more and nothing less.

Jim

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gotta try it, thanks.

IC B3

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
I'm sorry, I misread the post on the long range shooting pissin' match. But, clarify how these other guys "took the title from Stick" in the long range arena. I'd like to know, cuz I know some Nevada and Oregon boys that do Ok in the long range arena. Tim.

The "495" in "rost495" means something. It means he shot a 495 out of 500 in a Highpower match. There aren't to many guys that can shoot iron sights that well. MontanaMarine can shoot sub moa with his 308 at over 1100 yds from prone--that is a BIG deal. We have real military snipers that post here. We have many other competition shooters here. Competiton shooting is miles above casual field shooting in terms of precision and consistency. Boyd Heaton used to post here, and he's one of the heavies in the 1000 yd BR game. There are a bunch of guys who shoot competively and post here that I'm missing. Larry may be an above average shooter, but he is by no means exceptional. It just took the Campfire a while to figure that out.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What did 'ya think of Si Casa Flores? Is as close as we can get to Tex Mex here in Southern Oregon.........

Pretty good vittles, moving on to the next hijack---brutha' did'ya get yer elk?

Charlie

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
You wish!

To the contrary, my willingness to stand toe to toe with you thread-wreckers and make perfectly factual, reasonable arguments drives you guys nuckin' futz.

Learn how to contribute to a reasonable debate, Bart. It's not too late, and you'll be a better man for it.

Heck, you might even win one someday, my Brutha!

smile

Delusional is an understatement

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sweet, he can contribute to a debate but votes for Obama. I'll take a [bleep] you guy over that.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chas05

Pretty good vittles, moving on to the next hijack---brutha' did'ya get yer elk?

Charlie

No, but this year I was more concerned about seeing if I could still camp and hike in elk country.

How'd you do?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Preference point (got four for next year), and duck blinds cool

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
155 posts for this topic? Unreal. Good news is you guys managed to hijack the thread.. grin

Last edited by byc; 10/26/09.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have 10 for next year. I should probably start planning.............

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
between the two of us thats seven...you in???? grin

Thanks again Blaine,

Charlie

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JOOS so joo all Knowg,

Pinche Gringos,

I Speet, weeth leeps pursed ang powerful on joor rationalizations of bad behaviorg.

Greenging here, joo Pinche (MUY PINCHE) Pendejos

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 8 of 67 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,893 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,314
Posts18,526,334
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.