Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 67 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 66 67
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
We all here belong to two discrete, immiscible opinion camps. Both are entitled to post here. The requirement for sharing this forum, then, seems to be that the gentlemen must tolerate the views, the behavior, and the presence of the troglodytes, but the troglodytes don't have to be nice to the gentlemen.

This has to be the most insightful thought here. It also explains why civilizations usually lose to barbarians, and why the West is so vulernable to terrorists.

In order to permanently defeat troglodytes, barbrians, or terrorists; you must be willing to be a troglodytic, barabaric, and as terrorist as they when you fight them. Strength is the ONLY thing they respect. Such people (or their Internet personas) are not reasonable, they are not rational, and they are not willing to bury the hatchet. As such, it leaves only one option in dealing with them. I wish it weren't that way.........................

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people like to push buttons, some people are thin skinned and always get spun up when their buttons are pushed.

You can't stop the button pushers, but you choose whether or not to get spun up.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You don't have to be "spun up" as you pound them into oblivion. It's nothing personal, it's just a job SOMEBODY has to do..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by p2tharizo
My dicks bigger...

As opposed to what?

yer brain? grin

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Blaine
We all here belong to two discrete, immiscible opinion camps. Both are entitled to post here. The requirement for sharing this forum, then, seems to be that the gentlemen must tolerate the views, the behavior, and the presence of the troglodytes, but the troglodytes don't have to be nice to the gentlemen.

This has to be the most insightful thought here. It also explains why civilizations usually lose to barbarians, and why the West is so vulernable to terrorists.

In order to permanently defeat troglodytes, barbrians, or terrorists; you must be willing to be a troglodytic, barabaric, and as terrorist as they when you fight them. Strength is the ONLY thing they respect. Such people (or their Internet personas) are not reasonable, they are not rational, and they are not willing to bury the hatchet. As such, it leaves only one option in dealing with them. I wish it weren't that way.........................

It would be more compelling if Ken weren't such a backhanded prick, but he do fool his drum beaters.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Originally Posted by p2tharizo
My dicks bigger...

As opposed to what?

yer brain? grin

grin grin grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� to permanently defeat troglodytes, barbarians, or terrorists; you must be willing to be as troglodytic, barabaric, and as terrorist as they when you fight them. Strength is the ONLY thing they respect. Such people (or their Internet personas) are not reasonable, they are not rational, and they are not willing to bury the hatchet. As such, it leaves only one option in dealing with them. I wish it weren't that way.

There's another option � coexistence.

This requires persistence � persistently cleaving to the ways of the gentleman despite the natural urge to devastate and to eliminate.

A clever, creative, artistic gentleman can ridicule the troglodytes' ridiculousnesses without having to handle their feces with his bare hands.

Well used ridicule can be far more effective than in-kind combat.

So wise gentlenen persist to coexist.

Never wrestle a hog in his own sty.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead

It would be more compelling if Ken weren't such a backhanded prick, but he do fool his drum beaters.

I think the issue with Ken is when he becomes tired of troglodytic behavior, he has the ability to rip someone new a new azzhole with eloquence, wit, and style. So much so that any retort winds up sounding little better than "nanna, nanna, poo, poo." Then again, he has been a professional writer for what, 60 years? It's hardly a fair fight for most of us here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's the old saying?
Never argue with a man who buys ink by the barrel?

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
� to permanently defeat troglodytes, barbarians, or terrorists; you must be willing to be as troglodytic, barabaric, and as terrorist as they when you fight them. Strength is the ONLY thing they respect. Such people (or their Internet personas) are not reasonable, they are not rational, and they are not willing to bury the hatchet. As such, it leaves only one option in dealing with them. I wish it weren't that way.

This requires persistence � persistently cleaving to the ways of the gentleman despite the natural urge to devastate and to eliminate.

A clever, creative, artistic gentleman can ridicule the troglodytes' ridiculousnesses without having to handle their feces with his bare hands.

Ken,

I am willing to coexist, but that is not the case with troglodytes, barbarians, or terrorists. The most notorious of the troglodytes here didn't quit being troglodytes becasue gentlemen chose to coexist with them. They left the Campfire becasue gentlemen threw off restraint and went after the troglodytes. That, sadly, is the state of affairs with such people.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here! Here!

No more hog wrestling boyz.

Can't we just have a good time? I think we may be making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I don't hate anyone here, I don't even dislike anyone here.

It's the campfire, I agree that personal attacks are bad, but ball busting each other every now and then is not, as long as it's done in good fun.

Not trying to start a war, but the only ones calling folks names right now are the self proclaimed "Gentlemen".

JM.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What kind of writing does Mr. Howell do? Googled him but only came up with a story about him..I think. If it were the right Ken Howell, the guy handles tough breaks pretty damned well.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Along with writing "Designing and Forming Custom Cartridges for Rifles and handguns," Ken was the editor of Handloader for several years, among other things.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ken,

I am willing to coexist, but that is not the case with troglodytes, barbarians, or terrorists. The most notorious of the troglodytes here didn't quit being troglodytes becasue gentlemen chose to coexist with them. They left the Campfire becasue gentlemen threw off restraint and went after the troglodytes. That, sadly, is the state of affairs with such people.

That's all insightful and all, But I always found it much simpler to think to myself, "Pffft, An azzhole has reaveled himself for what he is yet again", and simply roll my mouse wheel a bit to the next post, where there may be something worth reading.

It don't take too long to figure out when you can just read the handle and start rolling.

BTW, I usually always read what Ken and Blaine wrote.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
It's a treat to watch some of you guys about to dislocate your arms patting yourselves on the back.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� It's hardly a fair fight for most of us here.

My pals Bill Jordan and Bob Milek � the best of friends � were often at each other's throat, all in fun. Bob had none of the sick Napoleon stupidity and knew that he was no match for Bill's quick ep�e wit. He delighted in feeding Bill straight lines, then chortling heartily over Bill's immediate hacks and slashes. They were a delightful show.

� but not for one abbreviated local guy at a going-away party for a bunch of us. He was just tipsy enough to see only a big guy repeatedly handing a little guy his head. He chimed-in with several pathetically inept jabs at Bill.

Bill, ever the gentleman, stopped the farce just as it was about to get painfully embarrassing. He looked over their heads at the crowd �

"You have to admire their courage � engaging in a battle of wits while virtually unarmed."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Along with writing "Designing and Forming Custom Cartridges for Rifles and handguns," Ken was the editor of Handloader for several years, among other things.

Thanks, if I forget, remind me not too argue with him on the hand loading forum.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
It's a treat to watch some of you guys about to dislocate your arms patting yourselves on the back.

Then you need to go get a life..............

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Prayers Sent

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Tic toc

Page 14 of 67 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 57 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,678
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.