Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I find it facinating that oldman framis has ferns and palms growing in the wilds of Wyo. I should try and find the post where he denies he is the same person. Priceless!

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
KH, I certainly can be testy when somebody who has never owned, fired or probably ever seen an R 1 takes it upon himself to pontificate about that which he knows nothing. I have four of them in my safe...you have????

Does the fact that I actually post on more than one site disturb you? If so why? Does the fact that I actually have experience with somethings that are banned in your fair land put your shorts in a knot? If you are such a rough and tough slayer of large bears, why don't you sign up for the forces? I'm sure a guy like you would not be concerned about a camel driver or two. Come on down, we'll drag out our jeep mounted Ma Deuce and teach you how to handle ragheads.(Yes we can have them too!)

I realize you "all just get along" but you a'int seen testy yet. Cartman is getting ready again. LOL

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by oldman1942
KH, I certainly can be testy when somebody who has never owned, fired or probably ever seen an R 1 takes it upon himself to pontificate about that which he knows nothing. I have four of them in my safe...you have????

Does the fact that I actually post on more than one site disturb you? If so why? Does the fact that I actually have experience with somethings that are banned in your fair land put your shorts in a knot? If you are such a rough and tough slayer of large bears, why don't you sign up for the forces? I'm sure a guy like you would not be concerned about a camel driver or two. Come on down, we'll drag out our jeep mounted Ma Deuce and teach you how to handle ragheads.(Yes we can have them too!)

I realize you "all just get along" but you a'int seen testy yet. Cartman is getting ready again. LOL

And where have I pontificated on anything other than the obvious? Few here find the same attraction to the R1 as you do.....(And last I checked, pretty sure that the R1 isn't banned in Canada, although even if it was, I wouldn't miss it....)

And again Framis, my SN has nothing to do with bears, or the island of Kodiak...Mere coincidence.....

What does disturb me however, is your unabashed fascination with male genitals and oral sex...."soft lips" ring any bells for you? Was it 835 that you were propositioning on the other site?

That and your rasist tendencies....Those I find plenty disturbing....

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Beauty is in the eye etc..... Compared to the beastly tactical rifles that seem to be "in", the R 1 is the Mona Lisa.
It also handles well, something the "sniper wanabes" will never understand as they manhandle their 14 pound clubs around.

Post up a pic of you holding your POS rifle. The humour would get way more mileage outta this thread.........

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Something about the way oldman1942 writes reminds me of Lee24......................

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
RMAN, those of us who got an education, worked, saved and live in a country without your tax rate, can afford to actually not spend the whole year freezing our asses off in Alberta. Seems like some canucks get it as I see a lot every winter in Florida, USA.

KH, please try and get your facts straight. The slimeball was 858 not 835. He posted obscene pictures on another site that got his ass banned. As for racism...some of my best friends are from Canada, but if you want Obama, we'll be glad to give him to you. One more guy from Kenya won't even be noticed in Canada.

Glad to see you folks from the land of the French rag defend each other....you'll need to when the Muslims decide they have enough illegals in country to take over. (of course they'll be the only one with 1911s and Glocks...LOL)

Hard to understand why a picture of me would add anything to the rifle's obvious class, functionality and beauty. You like Merkels ?...here's a SR-1 9.3x62:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sad to see some members of this thread degenerate into the NOBODY/Big Stick mode of trying to sound smart and name calling when all else fails.

I have no idea whom Lee 24 is but he must have wound up your shorts in a knot, given your endless fixation on him.

I think the time has come to just not bother responding to the blather having nothing to do with the thread's subject. So rant away, you can talk to each other.

Just to really let you know who has it and doesn't. I got the new scope, Nightforce 2.5-10x32, and SK mounts
on the R 1. Someday you might hit the lottery down at the local gin mill and be able to have an outfit like this. So bye bye canucks and flatlanders, you carry on and I'll stick to the thread topic and communicate with those who wish to do the same.

Do have a nice day!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh and BTW about R 1s in Canada... guess you missed what happened to ARs, perhaps reading YOUR OWN laws would be useful.
ARs now... R 1s tomorrow. Worked for Hitler...nibbled to death.
Aren't facts a terrible thing when you want to be in denial?

"The Government of Canada classifies the AR-15 (and its variants) as a restricted firearm. For a citizen to lawfully own an AR-15, he or she must first pass a "Canadian Non-Restricted Firearms Safety Test", and then a "Canadian Restricted Firearms Test". This allows the applicant to obtain a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) valid for restricted firearms.[22][23] With the introduction of strict gun control measures by former Prime Minister Jean Chr�tien (Bill C-68), the AR-15 had originally been intended to be classified as Prohibited, making it all but impossible to privately own one, however due to the presence of nationwide Service Rifle target shooting competitions, the AR-15 was granted a sporting exception.
As with all Restricted firearms (including all pistols, some shotguns, and some rifles) AR-15s are only allowed to be shot at certified firing ranges. In order to legally own and transport a Restricted firearm, a citizen must also register their firearm with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and must apply for an Authorization to Transport (or ATT) permit from the RCMP Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) for their province. Additionally, the firearm must be unloaded, deactivated by a trigger or action lock, and be in a locked, opaque container during transport[24]
The issuance of ATTs varies considerably from Province to Province, and is generally reflective of a particular province's political and social levels of acceptance toward gun ownership. For example, in Alberta, where firearms ownership is widely accepted, generally a single ATT is promptly issued that allows citizens to transport firearms to border crossings, gunsmiths, and shooting ranges. Conversely, Quebec and Ontario, where firearms ownership is generally not viewed as socially acceptable, the CFOs do not readily issue ATTs and generally require separate ones for transportation for any reason."

Last edited by oldman1942; 11/28/09.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
OM42, I have a Rifle Shooter magazine with a review of the SR1 Merkel. It has that same picture, of the guy with a blue hat and blue muffs testfiring the Merkel, in a 308. Or are you referring the photo below, with the rifle laying on a timber bench or table as the 9.3?

BTW, that is very nice timber on your R1. As long as it shoots and handles well, and you are happy with it, I don't see what all the fuss is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good move to post a pic of a guy facing away, even if it ain't actually you.....Although it does nothing for the humour.

I assume you opted for the drool resistant coating on the stock....

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I was just peekin' in here now and then and had no intention of jumpin' thread topics, that is, until I read your post containin' the pics.

Can't believe there is so much contention about your new R1 in the first place. Havin' said that, can't believe you bitched about the disparagement and then thought that you needed to respond in kind.

The kicker......sayin' that you wanted to "let us know who has it and who doesn't".........WTF? Also, "someday you might hit the lottery down at the local gin mill and be able to have an outfit like this"...........really, what were you thinkin? Bringin' up such things as education, work ethic and savin' $......about as pretentious a post as I've ever read. That attitude won't win you any friends (here or elsewhere) and surely won't help to buoy your thoughts/feelings or potential supporters regarding your most recent acquisition. It hardly takes any of those "self annointed" attributes that you assign yourself to buy a rifle, any rifle, much less several of them. I know alot of guys that have attained a higher education, work hard and saved their $ and are US citizens that are complete idiots,.....at best. Stupidity has no bounds.........

Seems you're a bit too much into yourself, OK, ALOT too much into yourself. You claim to be the "higher road" taker in your posts, but your writings suggest otherwise.

As you suggest, stick to your threads intentions, stay the course. I would suggest that you embrace your own suggestion and in doing so, I believe that such contentiousness will wane as well.

What you or someone else can afford or not afford has very little to do with owning the subject of your obvious affection. Some here likely could buy and sell you and your R1, perhaps many times over.........so what? To say that your "affordability" comment was a stretch would be.....well....a stretch. In your 2nd post in this thread, you tell of desiring to sell another rifle or 2, if you could get enough $ for them, in order to be able to purchase another new rifle. If you're so "set" as you've tried to imply, why would you then need to sell rifles you already own to buy a particular rifle that you now so desire......??? I've no more than a college education, but it seems a bit incongruous to me that you make such pretentious statements, but then state your need to sell first before you're able to afford to buy ...........just sayin', but I think I've navigated all that correctly.......wink.

Don't resort to that which you seem to be intolerant of......wink.

Last edited by magnumb; 11/29/09.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Grunter
OM42, I have a Rifle Shooter magazine with a review of the SR1 Merkel. It has that same picture, of the guy with a blue hat and blue muffs testfiring the Merkel, in a 308. Or are you referring the photo below, with the rifle laying on a timber bench or table as the 9.3?

LINK OF RIFLE SHOOTER ARTICLE WITH PICTURE

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
magnumb,
The same stuff struck a nerve with me as well.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Can't imagine it would sit well with most anybody......grin.

People come and go on this forum.....not necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited by magnumb; 11/29/09.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here to stay so get used to it. Perhaps after 4500 posts you have exhausted your contributions? There is life beyond the internet.

Sorry to have to own only the best but life is too short to own crap. "As for selling before I buy", just what would I do with more than 50 guns? I have a 19 year, a 13 year, a 8 year and 5 year old vehicles and take a two week trip to Europe every year.
It's all about priorities, now isn't it?

As for the SR-1 in action picture, does it make a difference who is shooting it? And yes, IF could you spot the obvious differences between the two scopes you would realize the 9.3x62 is the one with the Trijicon. Curious...just how many hours did you waste to find the picture of the guy with the hat just to prove your brillance?

When you get an R 1 or an SR 1, let me know...we can compare notes. I also have an 870 and a Marlin XLC...maybe more up your alley?

I'm about bored with you Benelli haters. Don't have one, can't get one and don't know diddley about them. Thanks to the folks who sent the nice PMs actually wanting to learn rather than play "gotcha".

you "experts" better not go to the sand pit as an
freedom fighter as some Marine might show you how well Benelliis work.

For those of you in need of a photo of me to post on you wall of fame, here's one from a couple of years ago off to go fishing (note rods in scabbard) in "like no place else on earth". We rides horses not ATVs. Hope to not see you on other threads populated by adults. BTW, rant away, there will be NO responses.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I was wrong.......your most recent post is the most pretentious post I've ever read......you are really a piece of work.

As for "rant away, there will be No responses"........I'm thinkin' you said that in an earlier post. Not being a man of your word.........I never would have guessed......grin.

I really had no interest in knowin' what you looked like, but since you felt like appeasin' someone from, no doubt, an earlier contentious post...............which one are you?

Oh yeah............the horses azz.

Last edited by magnumb; 11/30/09.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
oldman you need to stifle your swagger just a tad. it's nauseating.

the picture request was to see if you accually had the R1 or you pirated the pictures from the internt (which you did)

we don't give a [bleep] if you have old trucks or not, and a $1100 rifle with a NF is hardly over the top. even if it manages 1.5 moa groups LOL. a Kimber or Rem TI can cost more, and you don't see those owners spewing like you.

if you keep this [bleep] up you'll be the redheaded stepchild here, too.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Start another thread if you all want to bicker like old women, quit jacking this guys thread. Stick to the topic of a Benelli or move on...... sheesh.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Wonderin' how a pic of a guy sittin' on a horse is stickin' to the topic.....? OR.....how havin' an education makes you more of a potential Benelli owner OR why some that work hard still deserve more out of life than those that work just as hard OR how many trucks are in a guys front yard and how old they are OR how many firearms one owns OR even how many weeks vacation someone spends somewhere.......how do any of these rantings even come close to resembling staying on topic.....?

The OP seems to have opened up that door loooong ago, long before I made my 1st post on this thread. The guy jacked his own thread, albeit, enticed from a bit of earlier baitings from some others. But takin' the bait and then completley spoolin' the reel..........his own decision to do so. One had better expect such responses on any forum when one posts such pretentious remarks and acts as pompous as he has.......sheeesh.

Last edited by magnumb; 11/30/09.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Not calling anyone out bro, just trying to get it back on track, otherwise it needs to be a memory. Either way, it's a dead subject and people are only making themselves look silly.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RiverOtter
Beauty is in the eye etc..... Compared to the beastly tactical rifles that seem to be "in", the R 1 is the Mona Lisa.
It also handles well, something the "sniper wanabes" will never understand as they manhandle their 14 pound clubs around.

Post up a pic of you holding your POS rifle. The humour would get way more mileage outta this thread.........

Laffin! Looks like Jeff O and Lee24 have some competition!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Half the time, when someone posts about how happy they are with their new rifle, someone (or two, or three) chime in with insults about it. It is a matter of taste, for goodness sakes!

A take down semi-auto rifle with different caliber barrels makes a lot of sense for a serious traveling hunter.

The Benelli R1 and Browning Short Track have a lot more acceptable visual appearance to most people than the FAL, HK-91, or AR-15. Fifteen years ago, anyone who hunted with a battle rifle, even gophers with an AR-15, was criticized. As soon as Smith & Wesson and Remington started making AR-15s and marketing them to hunters, the gun writers did a 180-degree turn and started praising these rifles.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,046
Posts18,482,225
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.