Home
Not much question that I bought it for the wood!
A Kahles 4.5-18x50 and Schmidt & Bender 4-16x50 should let me work up some good loads. What is a bit amusing is that old 270 WCF and new 270 WSM are really about ballistic twins. The R 1 will handle either so "new" must be better!

If you've never fondled an R 1 you should. It handles like a fine 20 bore shotgun. More to follow as I crank up the press.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by oldman1942
What is a bit amusing is that old 270 WCF and new 270 WSM are really about ballistic twins.

In what way, exactly? Like the 223 and 338 lapua are "about" ballistic twins?
I like that new .280 of yours a whole lot better
I've often heard about someone being beaten with an "ugly stick". Thanks for actually posting what one looks like. Can't deny the wood is pretty, but wasting wood like that, on a gargoyle gun, is a sin.
One word, fugly!
What about all those nice older bolt guns you have that I lust over when you post? If you are ever going to sell one of those to buy another autoloader please Pm me with the first shot at them. Next thing we know you will be growing a mullet and wearing spandex!!!!!

I must admit that the wood on this rifle of yours is pretty nice.

Actually, I think you should re do your collection with ALL Benelli autoloaders and put the old bolt guns up for sale to me smile
Beauty is in the eye etc..... Compared to the beastly tactical rifles that seem to be "in", the R 1 is the Mona Lisa.
It also handles well, something the "sniper wanabes" will never understand as they manhandle their 14 pound clubs around.

As for selling: The 300 H&H Ballard High wall just sold as did the 358 99 Brush gun, the 375 H&H Sauer and the Airetta H&H grade SxS 12 bore.
Still have the Husky 1100 06', M 70 06', two L.C. Smiths, DPMS Sweet 16, 700 custom 400 H&H, Merkel 9.3x62, 700 custom 244 H&H, fully documented WW One 03', 40-82 High wall, NRA Sporter in factory 35 Whelen, ANIB Serbian 8x57, 303 1899 and a 1944 Sauer commercial drilling to move out. Hell, I'll even sell my short action Sedgley Springfield deluxe gold inlayed 22 Hornet sporter if someone wants to pony up 10 grand. Then I could add to my R 1 collection and find a 9.3x62 one or build one in 411 Hawk !

As for the 270 WCF and 270 WSM being ballistic twins, all I know is what I can read in the loading data. Hodgdon sez:

270 WCF 56.8 of 780 150 gr 2850 @ 50,400 psi
270 WSM 66 gr Retumbo 150 gr 3071 @ 63,000 psi

10 gr more powder and 12,600 more psi to achieve 220 fps?

Maybe just wild speculation but I'll betcha quality brass in a 270 WCF 700 could handle 63,000 psi and really be a twin. Not that any animal shot by an ethical hunter would ever know the difference.

I think the final scope on it will be the the all-new Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 x 32 Compact in SK mounts as it just "fits" the rifle and the mounts are sleek and strong.

Tried it with WRA factory 150s and it will hold 1 MOA for 3 shots which is two more than I have used in the last 10 years. (post deerslug whitetail hunting).

As a final slur, betcha a steak dinner that all of y'all dumping on the R 1 have never shot one, probably never even seen one in the flesh. Seems like the Marines like their Benellis just fine.....
As a final slur, betcha a steak dinner that all of y'all dumping on the R 1 have never shot one, probably never even seen one in the flesh. Seems like the Marines like their Benellis just fine.....

When I see a pile of dog [bleep], I don't need to touch it to know it's dog [bleep]..
Glad you're happy with it. As for me, that is one fugly gun!

That thing looks like the bastard love child as a result of a Benelli Vinci humping a Remington 742!!!

What does it do that a Browning BAR wouldn't???
It weighs less, handles better ( I own BARs and they are butt heavy clubs), much better trigger, interchangable barrels and takes down....other than that nothing.

oops forgot salt wood.

So can you change a 06 class rifle to a WSM class by chaning the barrel?

It would seem the bolt wouldn't be right...

Spot
Well I don't "chaning" barrels. The chains really mess up the blue.

But if you want a different caliber with the same head size you can. If different, the bolt head and magazine are easily changed too. Try that with your BAR, 700 or M70 or about any rifle except a Marlin or Savage centerfire..

I also forgot the shim kit, unlike Browning, Benelli understands that one size doesn't fit all. Then there's the free hard case too.....

ask the Marines.

Like I said, enjoy your 7400s and BARs, they're pretty good 1950s tech.
Im sure i seen the storm troopers off star wars using those guns!!!! I donno what the guys at Benelli were smoking when the came up with the looks of this rifle!! Glad you like it!!
Call me weird, but I don't think they look too bad. Kinda cool actually..
Your wierd.
So, Jeff, what about that hideous camo auto you were lusting over just a while back?
Your pronouncement of Loco's taste as weird is suspect at best.
Let him go. He's just retarded.
i had one for a very little while
I like the looks it if. Maybe a little overscoped by my standards, but thats just me. When they first came out I was seriously thinking about getting the 300 Win Mag carbine.

Dale

Here's a idea -

Break down BLR's should let you change out the barrel from 358 to 7-08.

Eat that one.

But I like the flexability that the R1 gives - Don't know if I need an autoloader, but I have one anyway (243 BAR).

Spot
Your wierd.

Coming from a guy that wanted a Long/Short Trac BAR.
If you have not handled and shot one, you're like the guy who thought Jane Fonda would be a lousy bed partner but had never left his hut in Chile.

There are even people out there who think a Ferarri 250 GT is ugly.....no accounting for (bad) taste.

Agree it is overscoped just for testing. Tomorrow (I think I said this) I will be getting a Nightforce in SK mounts.

http://www.sportoptics.com/nightforce-nxs-2-5-10x32-hv-reticle.aspx

Hope you "experts" approve.

BTW try this with your 7400 or BAR....LOL (my 300 Win Mag)

[Linked Image]
The woods nice, but you couldn't pay me to own one of those, good shooter or not. I do own a Benelli, but it's the original version of the super black eagle. They fugged that one up too with the newest version. The Italians make some fine guns, there's no doubt about that, but some of the newer stuff I see makes my gut churn.
+1 On liking my Benelli SBE original over the ll version.

Oldman 1942:

I am glad you like your new toy. That is all that matters. I am sure that when I post some of my stuff I will ge some grief as my tasted are different than some people's. Example - had a 22-250AI with a really nice aluminum bedding block kevlar stock and sold that stock to get a VLS laminated stock that it now wears. Many would scoff, but I like it. My heavy bench gun has a pretty stock with a (GASP!) thumbhole in it! It came that way and is gorgeous so in my safe it stays. It was 'gear of the year' back in the early 60's when it was built as a benchrest rifle and BR guns had nice wood on them.

It looks like the ergonomics on the Benelli are pretty good for offhand and field shooting, as compared to bench shooting.
If you have not handled and shot one, you're like the guy who thought Jane Fonda would be a lousy bed partner but had never left his hut in Chile.

There are even people out there who think a Ferarri 250 GT is ugly.....no accounting for (bad) taste.

Agree it is overscoped just for testing. Tomorrow (I think I said this) I will be getting a Nightforce in SK mounts.

If you were replying to my post then I don't understand. Jeff O wanted a Longtrac/Shortrac BAR which IMHO is a POS and not remotely from an engineering perspective in the same league as the R1.

I like the R1 because for an autoloader it handles and points very well. I have not picked one up yet that didn't feel really good in my hands . The Looks will throw off a lot of people but it is your money and your decision on how to spend it. If i were a keeper of a large collection of rifles there would be room in the safe for that one . Let us know how it shoots.
If you can't say nothing nice don't say nothin' at all..OT has some very nice guns, buys this after selling some off and then wants to share his joy. You guys beat him up like he just said he denounced his citzenship.

Hey its not my cup of tea either but if he likes it, then that's all that matters. Good luck with your new toy.

PS-that is a mighty nice looking piece of wood on there
Chip , who are you talking to ??
you will soon learn about the R1....
I like it fine. Just a tool to shoot things with.
Originally Posted by jimmyp

Care to elaborate?
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

Care to elaborate?

R1 30-06 20"

POI dependent on forearm nut tightness, forearm nut loosens when you carry it with a sling.

POI dramatically different after dissasembly to clean and then reassembly

Failure to feed is common

this was 3 years ago, maybe its fixed.

They upgraded the barrel nut more then a few years ago.
Failure to feed is scary. That can be accomplished alot cheaper than what these are going for.
last one I saw on consignment sale had vise grip marks on the forearm nut...
OEK,

Talking in general to the negatives the guy got on his new rifle. Let's see it was called fugly, storm trooper gun and then the best of all JeffO goes and shoots off a comment after a thread of multiple pages on a semi, at least this one has some nice wood on it.

OldTimer seems to have gotten rid of some nice pieces to buy it so I say congrat him on the new gun and wish him the best.

Believe me nothing personal towards anyone but the guy was catching alot of flack.
Well HUNTS since I've had R-1s since they first came out. My first was a "bringback". What I have learned from real experience (not some titties over the back fence BS) is that they are a fine rifle PERIOD.

Today was snowy and a bit windy but I loaded up some Nosler Balistic tips and Barnes TTSXs and went up to the range.
Loads were 1 grain off max and worked perfectly. Shots were taken 30 seconds apart to simulate real world hunting conditions.

Based on these very early results with a new barrel, I'm confident that with the new Nightforce 2.5-10, it will be more than capable than killing anything within my ethical hunting limit of 400 yards.

I'm sure as the rifle breaks in and I get a bit more anal about weighing charges etc. etc., results will improve.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

v[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

your first was a bringback? I guess mine was as well. It did go to Benelli once for fixing before I sold it.
30 seconds between shots?

With a gasser you should have at least two pieces of brass in the air at all times.......(grin).

Seriuosly though, what exactly is going on in that big pot-belly area? Can you post any pics of the inner workings?
Let's see it was called fugly, storm trooper gun and then the best of all JeffO goes and shoots off a comment after a thread of multiple pages on a semi, at least this one has some nice wood on it.

Nothing personal was meant by my post. I'm glad you're (oldman1942) happy with it. Fugly guns need love, too!!!
chrome chamber, chromed piston, clean from the rear- all the things a browning BAR is not. A 30-06 with scope and bullets about 8.5 pounds, sighted in would produce 1.5 inch groups with several brands of inexpensive ammo but liked the WW bullets the best IIRC. Despite its "looks" I was very interested in the rifle from the standpoint that it was an engineering marvel and I have Benelli shotguns. disapointed me.

If you've never fondled an R 1 you should. It handles like a fine 20 bore shotgun.

Are you saying the monster feels light? And from the photo, the safety appears to be ahead of the trigger, do you have to take your hand off of the grip to operate the safety?
Youse guys remind me of a a fellow in the 60's buying Mercedes in a neighborhood full of Fords and Chevys. Are you going to show it or shoot it? I wouldn't want to post a pic of my go to shotgun. It's a 26" Win X2 12ga 3 1/2"mag with matt finish and a butt ugly black syn stock, but it shoots any 12ga shell that I put in it.

Congrats oldman on that nice wood. Life is good.
Must have been lousy weather in alot of places yesterday...
This thread reminds me of the story about the blind guys describing an elephant. smile
I like the model with the Comfort-Tech stock that reduces recoil by design and material application. Pretty new thinking there. I think I'll buy one and see for myself how they work, now that they seem to have the bugs worked out of them.
Originally Posted by safariman

Example - had a 22-250AI with a really nice aluminum bedding block kevlar stock and sold that stock to get a VLS laminated stock that it now wears. Many would scoff, but I like it. My heavy bench gun has a pretty stock with a (GASP!) thumbhole in it! It came that way and is gorgeous so in my safe it stays. It was 'gear of the year' back in the early 60's when it was built as a benchrest rifle and BR guns had nice wood on them.

What idiot would own a 22-250AI in a wood stock??? Morons each and everyone! wink
I hate to keep saying it, but one wonders how many of the experts sounding off have ever REALLY owned a R-1 and shot it A LOT, like my early bringback 300 Win Mag that must have all the "defects" cited but has digested 300+ rounds from 125-200 gr, factory, NECK sized handloads, single load and from the magazine, has never been cleaned other than a Hoppes Bore Snake and yet has never malfunctioned and shoots better groups now than when new.

Just like a Timex...takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
(You "utes" can ask Grandpa about John Cameron Swayze)
oldman ... my comments were directed at Safariman, as I know of another wood stocked 22-250AI .... Thought that was clear ... sorry for any misunderstanding.
Yeah..... GEORGE has one too!!!! A fantastic looking Mk V Weatherby no less!

My point, and his as well I think, was each of us has his own idea's about what kinds of rifles get us going. As for me I would not care if I never saw another rifle that looked like someone melted a bowling ball and made a rifle stock out of it. BUT, some like such fugly things so off they go to play with their toys and off go I with my pretty wood to have fun with mine. Enjoy your Benelli and go kill some stuff with it.
I hate to keep saying it, but one wonders how many of the experts sounding off have ever REALLY owned a R-1 and shot it A LOT, like my early bringback 300 Win Mag that must have all the "defects" cited but has digested 300+ rounds from 125-200 gr, factory, NECK sized handloads, single load and from the magazine, has never been cleaned other than a Hoppes Bore Snake and yet has never malfunctioned and shoots better groups now than when new.

Just like a Timex...takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
(You "utes" can ask Grandpa about John Cameron Swayze)

Conservatively I shot over 200 rounds of various factory ammunition through the 20" 30-06 that I owned for about 5 months.

If Bennelli would send me a new one in 30-06 to evaluate I would certainly consider it again and probably buy it if they fixed the problems.
Hmm, think that works out to about one shot a day...you really flogged it.

Jimmy I hate to break it to you but Benelli probably doesn't have you on their short list of published firearms testers.

You might want to check out what a writer who is actually PAID to render opinions has to say:

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/featured_rifles/benellirq_062907/index2.html

Unless "jimmy" is Craig Boddington in disguise.
"the safety appears to be ahead of the trigger"

Stray Dog you better stay away from the pound!

As I recall the world's finest battle rifle in WW II, the M-1 Garand in case you missed it, had the safety guess where?
How about the M-1 Carbine? Gee those guys were all dummies!

It is far more natural to depress a safe and move back to the trigger than the opposite.

I gotta love all these experts who have never shot a R-1, (or an M-1 or Carbine for that matter) to "know" what is right and wrong! (I hold USA Expert with both the M-1 and Carbine)

Only a tang safety is superior as it is natural to release when mounting the gun.

Nightforce 2.5-10 will be here Friday... you could buy a dozen 870s (with the safe behind the trigger) for what this rig will cost but a guy focused on safety location would never get it anyway.
oldman1942,
Is that why you want a semi auto to remind you of combat rifles?
I'm obviously younger because the M14 is what we used in my day, but I wouldn't want to take one hunting.
Hmm, think that works out to about one shot a day...you really flogged it.

Jimmy I hate to break it to you but Benelli probably doesn't have you on their short list of published firearms testers.

You might want to check out what a writer who is actually PAID to render opinions has to say:

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/featured_rifles/benellirq_062907/index2.html

Unless "jimmy" is Craig Boddington in disguise.

The first NRA article on the R1 is what promted me to buy the rifle, and its pretty easy to call BS on much gun rag crap these days.

I shot the gun conservativly 200 rounds, but its been a while. Shooting 30-40 rounds at a session from a single rifle seems a fair shake to me. It went back to the factory and they did nothing, that seems like a fair shake to me as well. Benelli makes fine shotguns, I have a few, good luck with your rifle.
I am so bored with all gun writers being called paid off liars. Most have shot, hunted and killed more game than any of us will even see in a lifetime.

I'll prefer to listen to them who have "been there, done that" than some internet expert with no professional creditials.

BTW the M 14 had the same safety arrangment as the M-1. What works for killing people, generally works in the much softer conditions of the hunting field. Note the number of ARs now afield. My DPMS Sweet 16 shoots with a bolt gun and having 20 shots on tap is comforting when confronted by a hoard of charging P-dogs!

[Linked Image]

You might like this Merkel better as the safe is behind the trigger. It works fine too and in 9.3x62 will handle about anything I'll ever encounter here in WY.

[Linked Image]
I do like the Merkel with the safety like a Rem. Shotgun. And the Merkel overall shape is not quite as nightmare inspiring as the Benelli.
Regarding these shotgun companies producing rifles, I'm not sold on their styling.
At least Weatherby rifle company can make a decent looking shotgun.

BTW Happy thanksgivng
Looks like you aren't getting a lot of love for it here either are you framis....
good luck with your rifle
FWIW, about the safety. I started hunting upland game with a Sears JC Higgins pump shotgun. I changed to a Rem 1100 when they came out in the 60's. I still prefer the safety ahead of the trigger guard that was on that old Higgins pump, to rear mounted Rem.
On Weatherby: they don't "make" shotguns. In fact you need a notebook to try and keep up with all the subcontractors who built shotguns for them. As for quality....suggest you subscribe to Gun Tests and see how well they stack up against a Benelli. Haven't seen any government contracts going to WB for combat shotguns or, for that manner any rifles either. But anyone who actually believes that 9 or is it 6 (?) locking lugs make for a better bolt action better not put any WB on a bench against a Savage if there is $ on the table. But I gotta say all those inlays and white line spacers are eye catching...right up there with spinnerbar hubcaps on a weed wacker Civic.
You are right on about Benelli shotguns. They totally rock.
Go back to stickland, I could care less about your love or you COMPLETE lack of knowledge about R 1s. Haven't they banned them in frogland yet

Little testy about your rifle there aren't you oldman/framis?
I find it facinating that oldman framis has ferns and palms growing in the wilds of Wyo. I should try and find the post where he denies he is the same person. Priceless!

R.
KH, I certainly can be testy when somebody who has never owned, fired or probably ever seen an R 1 takes it upon himself to pontificate about that which he knows nothing. I have four of them in my safe...you have????

Does the fact that I actually post on more than one site disturb you? If so why? Does the fact that I actually have experience with somethings that are banned in your fair land put your shorts in a knot? If you are such a rough and tough slayer of large bears, why don't you sign up for the forces? I'm sure a guy like you would not be concerned about a camel driver or two. Come on down, we'll drag out our jeep mounted Ma Deuce and teach you how to handle ragheads.(Yes we can have them too!)

I realize you "all just get along" but you a'int seen testy yet. Cartman is getting ready again. LOL
KH, I certainly can be testy when somebody who has never owned, fired or probably ever seen an R 1 takes it upon himself to pontificate about that which he knows nothing. I have four of them in my safe...you have????

Does the fact that I actually post on more than one site disturb you? If so why? Does the fact that I actually have experience with somethings that are banned in your fair land put your shorts in a knot? If you are such a rough and tough slayer of large bears, why don't you sign up for the forces? I'm sure a guy like you would not be concerned about a camel driver or two. Come on down, we'll drag out our jeep mounted Ma Deuce and teach you how to handle ragheads.(Yes we can have them too!)

I realize you "all just get along" but you a'int seen testy yet. Cartman is getting ready again. LOL

And where have I pontificated on anything other than the obvious? Few here find the same attraction to the R1 as you do.....(And last I checked, pretty sure that the R1 isn't banned in Canada, although even if it was, I wouldn't miss it....)

And again Framis, my SN has nothing to do with bears, or the island of Kodiak...Mere coincidence.....

What does disturb me however, is your unabashed fascination with male genitals and oral sex...."soft lips" ring any bells for you? Was it 835 that you were propositioning on the other site?

That and your rasist tendencies....Those I find plenty disturbing....
Beauty is in the eye etc..... Compared to the beastly tactical rifles that seem to be "in", the R 1 is the Mona Lisa.
It also handles well, something the "sniper wanabes" will never understand as they manhandle their 14 pound clubs around.

Post up a pic of you holding your POS rifle. The humour would get way more mileage outta this thread.........

Something about the way oldman1942 writes reminds me of Lee24......................
RMAN, those of us who got an education, worked, saved and live in a country without your tax rate, can afford to actually not spend the whole year freezing our asses off in Alberta. Seems like some canucks get it as I see a lot every winter in Florida, USA.

KH, please try and get your facts straight. The slimeball was 858 not 835. He posted obscene pictures on another site that got his ass banned. As for racism...some of my best friends are from Canada, but if you want Obama, we'll be glad to give him to you. One more guy from Kenya won't even be noticed in Canada.

Glad to see you folks from the land of the French rag defend each other....you'll need to when the Muslims decide they have enough illegals in country to take over. (of course they'll be the only one with 1911s and Glocks...LOL)

Hard to understand why a picture of me would add anything to the rifle's obvious class, functionality and beauty. You like Merkels ?...here's a SR-1 9.3x62:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sad to see some members of this thread degenerate into the NOBODY/Big Stick mode of trying to sound smart and name calling when all else fails.

I have no idea whom Lee 24 is but he must have wound up your shorts in a knot, given your endless fixation on him.

I think the time has come to just not bother responding to the blather having nothing to do with the thread's subject. So rant away, you can talk to each other.

Just to really let you know who has it and doesn't. I got the new scope, Nightforce 2.5-10x32, and SK mounts
on the R 1. Someday you might hit the lottery down at the local gin mill and be able to have an outfit like this. So bye bye canucks and flatlanders, you carry on and I'll stick to the thread topic and communicate with those who wish to do the same.

Do have a nice day!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh and BTW about R 1s in Canada... guess you missed what happened to ARs, perhaps reading YOUR OWN laws would be useful.
ARs now... R 1s tomorrow. Worked for Hitler...nibbled to death.
Aren't facts a terrible thing when you want to be in denial?

"The Government of Canada classifies the AR-15 (and its variants) as a restricted firearm. For a citizen to lawfully own an AR-15, he or she must first pass a "Canadian Non-Restricted Firearms Safety Test", and then a "Canadian Restricted Firearms Test". This allows the applicant to obtain a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) valid for restricted firearms.[22][23] With the introduction of strict gun control measures by former Prime Minister Jean Chr�tien (Bill C-68), the AR-15 had originally been intended to be classified as Prohibited, making it all but impossible to privately own one, however due to the presence of nationwide Service Rifle target shooting competitions, the AR-15 was granted a sporting exception.
As with all Restricted firearms (including all pistols, some shotguns, and some rifles) AR-15s are only allowed to be shot at certified firing ranges. In order to legally own and transport a Restricted firearm, a citizen must also register their firearm with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and must apply for an Authorization to Transport (or ATT) permit from the RCMP Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) for their province. Additionally, the firearm must be unloaded, deactivated by a trigger or action lock, and be in a locked, opaque container during transport[24]
The issuance of ATTs varies considerably from Province to Province, and is generally reflective of a particular province's political and social levels of acceptance toward gun ownership. For example, in Alberta, where firearms ownership is widely accepted, generally a single ATT is promptly issued that allows citizens to transport firearms to border crossings, gunsmiths, and shooting ranges. Conversely, Quebec and Ontario, where firearms ownership is generally not viewed as socially acceptable, the CFOs do not readily issue ATTs and generally require separate ones for transportation for any reason."
OM42, I have a Rifle Shooter magazine with a review of the SR1 Merkel. It has that same picture, of the guy with a blue hat and blue muffs testfiring the Merkel, in a 308. Or are you referring the photo below, with the rifle laying on a timber bench or table as the 9.3?

BTW, that is very nice timber on your R1. As long as it shoots and handles well, and you are happy with it, I don't see what all the fuss is.
Good move to post a pic of a guy facing away, even if it ain't actually you.....Although it does nothing for the humour.

I assume you opted for the drool resistant coating on the stock....
I was just peekin' in here now and then and had no intention of jumpin' thread topics, that is, until I read your post containin' the pics.

Can't believe there is so much contention about your new R1 in the first place. Havin' said that, can't believe you bitched about the disparagement and then thought that you needed to respond in kind.

The kicker......sayin' that you wanted to "let us know who has it and who doesn't".........WTF? Also, "someday you might hit the lottery down at the local gin mill and be able to have an outfit like this"...........really, what were you thinkin? Bringin' up such things as education, work ethic and savin' $......about as pretentious a post as I've ever read. That attitude won't win you any friends (here or elsewhere) and surely won't help to buoy your thoughts/feelings or potential supporters regarding your most recent acquisition. It hardly takes any of those "self annointed" attributes that you assign yourself to buy a rifle, any rifle, much less several of them. I know alot of guys that have attained a higher education, work hard and saved their $ and are US citizens that are complete idiots,.....at best. Stupidity has no bounds.........

Seems you're a bit too much into yourself, OK, ALOT too much into yourself. You claim to be the "higher road" taker in your posts, but your writings suggest otherwise.

As you suggest, stick to your threads intentions, stay the course. I would suggest that you embrace your own suggestion and in doing so, I believe that such contentiousness will wane as well.

What you or someone else can afford or not afford has very little to do with owning the subject of your obvious affection. Some here likely could buy and sell you and your R1, perhaps many times over.........so what? To say that your "affordability" comment was a stretch would be.....well....a stretch. In your 2nd post in this thread, you tell of desiring to sell another rifle or 2, if you could get enough $ for them, in order to be able to purchase another new rifle. If you're so "set" as you've tried to imply, why would you then need to sell rifles you already own to buy a particular rifle that you now so desire......??? I've no more than a college education, but it seems a bit incongruous to me that you make such pretentious statements, but then state your need to sell first before you're able to afford to buy ...........just sayin', but I think I've navigated all that correctly.......wink.

Don't resort to that which you seem to be intolerant of......wink.
Originally Posted by Grunter
OM42, I have a Rifle Shooter magazine with a review of the SR1 Merkel. It has that same picture, of the guy with a blue hat and blue muffs testfiring the Merkel, in a 308. Or are you referring the photo below, with the rifle laying on a timber bench or table as the 9.3?

LINK OF RIFLE SHOOTER ARTICLE WITH PICTURE
magnumb,
The same stuff struck a nerve with me as well.
Can't imagine it would sit well with most anybody......grin.

People come and go on this forum.....not necessarily a bad thing.
Here to stay so get used to it. Perhaps after 4500 posts you have exhausted your contributions? There is life beyond the internet.

Sorry to have to own only the best but life is too short to own crap. "As for selling before I buy", just what would I do with more than 50 guns? I have a 19 year, a 13 year, a 8 year and 5 year old vehicles and take a two week trip to Europe every year.
It's all about priorities, now isn't it?

As for the SR-1 in action picture, does it make a difference who is shooting it? And yes, IF could you spot the obvious differences between the two scopes you would realize the 9.3x62 is the one with the Trijicon. Curious...just how many hours did you waste to find the picture of the guy with the hat just to prove your brillance?

When you get an R 1 or an SR 1, let me know...we can compare notes. I also have an 870 and a Marlin XLC...maybe more up your alley?

I'm about bored with you Benelli haters. Don't have one, can't get one and don't know diddley about them. Thanks to the folks who sent the nice PMs actually wanting to learn rather than play "gotcha".

you "experts" better not go to the sand pit as an
freedom fighter as some Marine might show you how well Benelliis work.

For those of you in need of a photo of me to post on you wall of fame, here's one from a couple of years ago off to go fishing (note rods in scabbard) in "like no place else on earth". We rides horses not ATVs. Hope to not see you on other threads populated by adults. BTW, rant away, there will be NO responses.

[Linked Image]
I was wrong.......your most recent post is the most pretentious post I've ever read......you are really a piece of work.

As for "rant away, there will be No responses"........I'm thinkin' you said that in an earlier post. Not being a man of your word.........I never would have guessed......grin.

I really had no interest in knowin' what you looked like, but since you felt like appeasin' someone from, no doubt, an earlier contentious post...............which one are you?

Oh yeah............the horses azz.

oldman you need to stifle your swagger just a tad. it's nauseating.

the picture request was to see if you accually had the R1 or you pirated the pictures from the internt (which you did)

we don't give a [bleep] if you have old trucks or not, and a $1100 rifle with a NF is hardly over the top. even if it manages 1.5 moa groups LOL. a Kimber or Rem TI can cost more, and you don't see those owners spewing like you.

if you keep this [bleep] up you'll be the redheaded stepchild here, too.
Start another thread if you all want to bicker like old women, quit jacking this guys thread. Stick to the topic of a Benelli or move on...... sheesh.
Wonderin' how a pic of a guy sittin' on a horse is stickin' to the topic.....? OR.....how havin' an education makes you more of a potential Benelli owner OR why some that work hard still deserve more out of life than those that work just as hard OR how many trucks are in a guys front yard and how old they are OR how many firearms one owns OR even how many weeks vacation someone spends somewhere.......how do any of these rantings even come close to resembling staying on topic.....?

The OP seems to have opened up that door loooong ago, long before I made my 1st post on this thread. The guy jacked his own thread, albeit, enticed from a bit of earlier baitings from some others. But takin' the bait and then completley spoolin' the reel..........his own decision to do so. One had better expect such responses on any forum when one posts such pretentious remarks and acts as pompous as he has.......sheeesh.

Not calling anyone out bro, just trying to get it back on track, otherwise it needs to be a memory. Either way, it's a dead subject and people are only making themselves look silly.
Originally Posted by RiverOtter

Post up a pic of you holding your POS rifle. The humour would get way more mileage outta this thread.........

Laffin! Looks like Jeff O and Lee24 have some competition!
Half the time, when someone posts about how happy they are with their new rifle, someone (or two, or three) chime in with insults about it. It is a matter of taste, for goodness sakes!

A take down semi-auto rifle with different caliber barrels makes a lot of sense for a serious traveling hunter.

The Benelli R1 and Browning Short Track have a lot more acceptable visual appearance to most people than the FAL, HK-91, or AR-15. Fifteen years ago, anyone who hunted with a battle rifle, even gophers with an AR-15, was criticized. As soon as Smith & Wesson and Remington started making AR-15s and marketing them to hunters, the gun writers did a 180-degree turn and started praising these rifles.

KH, please try and get your facts straight. The slimeball was 858 not 835.

If he is such a slimeball, why were you propositioning him?

Out of my post, the only thing you disputed was that it was 858, not 835......laffin'

Framis/oldman/Mr humble, you are such a tool that you make the other trolls look like reasonable guys....You are such a sad, sad old man....Seems to be common in the older generation, of you guys that can't DO anything anymore, that you feel the need to try to insult people to make yourself feel better....

Tell you what, why don't you and Lee24 get together and do a rifle photoshoot? He could bring his famous Winchester, and you could bring your R1....You could get a sasquatch to run the camera...Hell, while you are at it you could invite the Lindberg Baby or Amelia Earhart to help you hold the rifle up in the pics....
Those who do the most ranting are the ones who don't own the particular firearm in the thread, or can't come close to doing the activity that is the thread topic. Funny how lack of direct knowledge and lack of experience works some folks up into a lather of envy or something.
Now Lee...Lee Lee Lee....IF you were smart, you'd stay out of this one, but as that ain't the case, well, here we are....

And no, I do not own a Benelli rifle...Have no wish to ever own something that ugly....Regardless of how well it may or may not shoot...Have no love to own a salvage either, and I have shot a few that are absolute tack drivers...

No, this is more about Framis'/mr humble/oldman1942's behaviour, or lack thereof, and whether he actually owns said equipment....

All would be dispelled, should he simply hang a pic of himself and the rifle....One that wasn't stolen from the internet.

Simple, no? Wait, must be no....After all, if it were simple, we'd have a pic of you and YOUR rifle by now up here wouldn't we.....Maybe even a pic of you in the Grand Canyon.....
Kodiak, this is really none of YOUR business.
If you don't like someone's choice of rifles, keep quiet.

The truly amazing thing is how these rude people actually think they are OWED whatever they demand.

Oldman1942 is smart enough to know the game.
As soon as he posts a photo of his rifle, there will be more rude comments, more claims it is not really his etc. Then it will go downhill from there, with all these fabricated details about him personally, yada, yada.

Well, he had his say and he has left.
You trolls ran off the other serious hunters.
I had my say and now I'm leaving.

You can gather up some more trolls to talk tough among each other about how you stunk up another thread where you had nothing of value to add.

Originally Posted by Lee24

For God's sake, for once, I hope you're lying ass is telling the truth.

KH, please try and get your facts straight. The slimeball was 858 not 835. He posted obscene pictures on another site that got his ass banned.

<SIGH>

Lawrence, are you still off your meds? You claimed on Asrealasitgets that it was your brother in the super hero costume. Of course, it was actually you.

No worry though, I'm not banned and the picture really isn't obscene (probably embarrassing for you).

Most of the people on this forum may not know all of the forums you've been booted from.

Lets list all of your aliases:
Oldsman1942
Rootmanslim
Ourgang
Mr. Humble
Tinytim

How many forums are you banned from? Snipershide, Opticstalk, Asrealasitgets (pending). Which others have I missed?

I tried to back off and give the benifit of a doubt but now after re-reading I am as Magnumb stated wondering about this Mr. Humble fellow. Why was he kicked off the other forums?
I tried to back off and give the benifit of a doubt but now after re-reading I am as Magnumb stated wondering about this Mr. Humble fellow. Why was he kicked off the other forums?

His MO is to start a thread, or jump into a thread, with some benign comments. Once members start to comment on his statement he posts attacks or derogatory statements.

He is a troll through and through. Go back and read the progression of this thread.

Someone say lazy eye?

[Linked Image]
For comparison........

[Linked Image]

WOW! I quit the shotgun forums because of this kind of nonsense!

Are we not on the same team here?!

For the record, I have two R1s, an older version in -06 and wood, shot poorly, sent it to Benelli, retrofitted it with the new parts, now shoots great! The other is in .300WSM, and plastic, not a long range tackdriver, but inside of 300, works just fine, and very soft to shoot.

Neither are the first guns I'd pick to go on a serious hunt, but I love to hunt pigs with them! Took three pigs out of one herd couple years ago. Bang, bang, bang and three pigs down. Works for me!!

By the way, your favorite gun sucks! grin
OK then its not really about the R1 as he probably does not own one I guess. Thanks for the heads up.
That is pretty much it...He pirated some pictures from a gun mag, and then posted 'em up as his own, and got called on it...
Sez you.

You might notice that many ads in GunsAmerica, GunBroker, AuctionArms, and dealer web sites also use stock photos of the firearms. That doesn't mean they don't actually have them.
YUP, Sez me....And the guys that picked out the pic's from an online mag......

If you are going to post an action pic of a rifle, and say that its you holding it, maybe it would be wiser to just post a link to the online article, instead of copy/pasting, and hoping no one notices.....Of course, that would have to mean that it is actually you in said pic....

Keep digging Lee...Keep digging.

I'm sorry that you feel the need to make a desperate play for attention this way, on every thread you encounter. Have you fulfilled your attention needs for today?

I aint even seen a stock photo of an S.C. .375 Supergrade.
Better chance of seeing a pic of a ghost
Originally Posted by Forager

Reckon he can't even tell the truth about leaving...............
Why don't you kids post photos of YOUR Winchester Model 70 Safari rifles to impress each other?

I think we all know the answer to that question.
I don't believe that you and I have ever communicated. I do, however, know of your history here, be it all deserved or not. Could care less, actually.

What I do know for sure, is that what you and this Benelli fellow have in common is that when you both say something rather definitively, it isn't necessarily so.

On the previous page, one post of yours says that certain people hijack threads and you obviously don't condone that. I agree completely. But then you go on to discuss different subjects altogether yourself, most often to defend previous assertions by others after certain claims that you obviously made sometime ago. Your posts, in this regard, have nothing to do with this, so-called, Benelli thread. Yet, you attempt to demean and correct others while doing the same exact thing. Just sayin'.......

Also on the previous page, you stated that you were done posting any more comments in this thread, yet you're still here....? Seems Mr. Benelli did the same thing.

Like I said earlier, I don't "know" you and don't really care to converse with you in the future, but it gets a bit confusing, at least to me, why you prefer to not "walk the talk" when you well know that you're likely to get called on such inconsistencies.

As an aside.........simply post a pic of the rifle in question and be done with it. There can be only one real reason for not doing so, unless you truly enjoy being hounded for the rest of your tenure here. If you are basing your decision not to post a pic of the rifle in question on purely "principle" at this point, then you surely have issues that can't be dealt with here. That's just not lucid thinking. If a headache is causing us enough pain, we take measures to deal with it. If I've run a fish hook through my finger, I try to remove it and minimize the pain.

This entire rifle topic has got to be causing you pain and at this point, the only remedy lies with you.

I just can't imagine that anyone would actually welcome that type of continual pain and by not offering up a pic of what you yourself stated you possessed, you are most certainly asking for much more continued discomfort..........again, just sayin'.
I hate liars and theres 2 of them in this thread.

Imagine that.
Are you adding yourself?
No Dummy you!
In other words, you don't own a Benelli R1, and don't know anything about them, right?
I know they are ugly and thats all that matters.....as a matter of fact if you go back and look at the target pics posted....if infact they are his/yours.... I am not at all impressed at the accuracy shown...pretty crappy in all reality.

Liar.

Originally Posted by Forager

Half the time, when someone posts about how happy they are with their new rifle, someone (or two, or three) chime in with insults about it. It is a matter of taste, for goodness sakes!

A take down semi-auto rifle with different caliber barrels makes a lot of sense for a serious traveling hunter.

The Benelli R1 and Browning Short Track have a lot more acceptable visual appearance to most people than the FAL, HK-91, or AR-15. Fifteen years ago, anyone who hunted with a battle rifle, even gophers with an AR-15, was criticized. As soon as Smith & Wesson and Remington started making AR-15s and marketing them to hunters, the gun writers did a 180-degree turn and started praising these rifles.

So, were you lying before, or after the quote post at the top?

"and now I'm leaving" is pretty clearly, unless you're a liar. Which, you've been proven to be, time and time again.

I'm a new poster here, and have enough sense to figure that our.

Why the owners and mods don't give you a "put up or shut the [bleep] up and get the [bleep] out", I can't understand

You, Lee, are a disgrace to anything resembling a shooter or hunter and needed to be flushed at pre-birth, much less now.

And, yes, I'll be more than happy to say that to your face.
and this framis, oldman, mr. humble who does not own a merkle, does not own an r1, gave me a rash of chitt about how I had only shot 200 rounds or so thru one before I got rid of it. UFB.
Read the first page of this thread, skipped to the last - my how it has degenerated. Pretty is as pretty does in my book when it comes to firearms. If she's a good lightish weight, has a good trigger and shoots acceptably - and you like it - more power to you. Great choice! No one else has to like it but you, and that's OK. If I was in the market - the looks of the Benelli certainly wouldn't deter me.
Exactly, bludog.
If someone likes a rifle, it is his taste.
Those who don't know anything about it certainly should stay quiet, other that asking polite questions.

Forager, I came back to straighten out a new set of rude punks you showed up after my post. You are one of them.

And yes, I have actually owned several FALs, HK-91s, CETMES, M1As, an M-14, a dozen AR-15s, and a half dozen Model 70s in .375 H&H. If you haven't, don't talk about them. Same for the Benelli R1.
Lee24;

You can't even tell the truth about leaving. Your association of me with those around here that have and do regard you as a disgrace is a compliment to me.

Basically, Lee, you're a joke (at best). The only person that doesn't get it, is you.
Oh, we get it.

Those kinds of insults usually mean you don't own a Benelli R1, or any of the other rifles brought up for comparison.

Envy.
Envy of what other people own, and their experience.

If you do own those rifles, or are considering buying one and want to learn more, you need to post politely, on topic.
I had a Benelli R1 for a short while. Nice concept but it has issues.

Lee I have no axe to grind, but if you would post a single picture of yourself holding the rifle in question, all of this would go away. Why don't you just do that?
No, the issue won't go away because the issue is a few cyber punks being exposed on various threads as posting about subjects they don't know. They are out for revenge but all they get is another 2x4 upside the head, as more and more people refuse to put up with their goon tactics.

I wouldn't walk next door to show my rifle to one of these creeps.

They never asked in a nice way to see it. From the get go, when I mentioned that I had the Model 70, and so did two others who bought them through the same dealer, they flew into full punk mode, from the safety of pseudonyms and remote locations. Where I come from, that's the way two year olds act before they get dragged away from the candy counter for their first butt whipping. These folks apparently never had good parents who did that.
No, the issue won't go away because the issue is a few cyber punks being exposed on various threads as posting about subjects they don't know.

Oh the irony....

Some folks want to see Liar24 bounced from the site, but I'm really starting to find humour in his posts, I mean, you can't BUY this kind of entertainment.

Carry on.
For those who can't buy any of the guns that they envy, coming here and acting out is probably a cheap thrill.

Instead of trying to bounce all the talent off this site, why don't you trolls start your own website, with unlimited BS, where you can come for comfort and a back rub after receiving a man whipping at the campfire?
Have I received a "man whipping"? Hmmm....Nope.

Do I envy the R1? Nope.

Can I buy any rifle I desire, at any time? YUP.

Start a website with unlimited BS? Nope, then it would be loaded with guys like you and mr humble/oldman1942/framis.....If you aren't in fact the same guy that is....And if it were unlimited, then no one would be able to call you out on your claims.....And thats just no fun.

Come up with any pictures of the Canyon yet Liar?

Maybe a pic of your mod 70, you could put it in a saddle scabard thrown over the back of a unicorn and have a picture taken as you ride into battle with a dragon.....(Just another mythical creature......much like your rifle.)
Lee they already have their own site where name calling is 98% of the content. Specially set up for a "nobody" who was canned from every other internet site.

I was going to ignore these grade school playground bullies but
I'M CALLING YOU OUT. LETS SEE YOU PROVIDE THE EXACT SITE REPEAT EXACT SITE, WHERE FROM I "STOLE" THE PICTURES OF MY RIFLES.

In case you "lost them" here they are again. I'll be waiting.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Envy is the operative word. My scope probably cost more than their public assistance check! Don't you just hate it when you are a cowardly liar and get caught at it.(look in the mirror on your 78' F 150)
As has been stated before, without your cross-eyed drooling mug in 'em, the pics are worthless......Burden of proof doesn't lay with me.

Shucks Lawrence, someone could of emailed you pics of "your" rifles, who knows....Pictures of rifles laying on carpet don't really mean much in todays age given technology available to anyone.

Do know that you post an awful lot of professional pix of very high-end classics and pass them off as your own....Curious, for a guy that had to sell three rifles to buy a $1500 Benelli.

But, we've been all through this already haven't we....Curious that the only guy that will come to your defense is Liar24....Same IP address perhaps? Seems to be your MO now doesn't it.....

Do know that your posts are pretty entertaining here, as I can picture the froth building on your mouth as your heart rate increases....Any pain in your left arm oldman?
From the looks of those photos above your post, Kodiak, no one needs to "defend" oldman1942. Your bluff was called.

Most people don't want to get in the mud with you trolls.

I grew up farming and ranching, so I have had to wade through real BS before, wrestle little pigs, dehorn cows, break ponies, clamp bull yearlings into steers, scatter the chickens - this is just another barn yard with the usual mix of animals. Nothing I haven't handled before. You'll wash off my boots.
Thats the best you've got?

Its funny though, because once again, you don't know what you talking about............Congratulations?

Well, I'll allow you to go back to playing with your sheep for now...Enjoy her.
KH, tell you what, here's the deal. You buy an airline ticket and get your sorry liar ass down here. I'll show you the guns, the receipts, the boxes in front of several LEO witnesses. If I CAN'T, I'll pay your ticket both ways FIRST CLASS.

After I do, you will go on this site and all the other ones you have slandered me on and issue a PUBLIC apology.

Now what feeble excuse can you come up with? Your mommy won't let you leave Canada?

YOU HAVE BEEN NAILED AND THE WIGGLE ROOM DOOR IS CLOSED! LMAO!

BTW, here are a few more I'll show you that you neither could afford or find on any site, book or magazine. You sir, are a sorry assed liar...end of story!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z231/leadloader/DSCN1834.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z231/leadloader/DSCN1812.jpg[/img]
And yet, still not your sorry mug in 'em.....

Shucks Frammy, I done guess you told me.

Have to admit though, sure feels like there is going to be some gold coins added to the equation pretty quick.

You have no idea of what I can afford, or not....About the only thing you got right in that post was "sir".

Slander....Maybe you'd like me to copy over some of your posts from the other site Lawrence?
My 10 year old is more mature than some of you posting here. I hope you take a look back and realize how childish and lame this entire discussion is. A couple more added to the ignore list.
where is TLee and his IP address finder!
Lee they already have their own site where name calling is 98% of the content. Specially set up for a "nobody" who was canned from every other internet site.

I was going to ignore these grade school playground bullies but
I'M CALLING YOU OUT. LETS SEE YOU PROVIDE THE EXACT SITE REPEAT EXACT SITE, WHERE FROM I "STOLE" THE PICTURES OF MY RIFLES.

In case you "lost them" here they are again. I'll be waiting.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Envy is the operative word. My scope probably cost more than their public assistance check! Don't you just hate it when you are a cowardly liar and get caught at it.(look in the mirror on your 78' F 150)

I have no envy of you bud, nor your rifles, nor anything else. I read your response that you doubted my owning an R1, after this people identified you as someone that had been kicked off other forums. I guess time will tell.
jimmyp, don't listen to the songs of the campfire trolls.
If you have or had and R1 and liked it or traded it, discuss it with others who had one or are actually interested.
As anticipated poor old KH can only take refuge in trying to duck the subject. He can't produce a single "stolen" image that he LIED about. REPEAT ...HE LIED ABOUT!!!!

As any fool knows (who knows anything about software) I could Photoshop a picture of me standing next to Gary Cooper's Duesenberg taken back in the 30's. That would hardly make it "real" or my car.

My offer stands, put up or shut up as the more you babble the bigger fool you prove you are. Perhaps your guns are such pieces of crap, that adding your ugly mug makes them look better.

Your obsession to have my picture is a bit sick.... smacks of stalking plans or other identity theft schemes.

In any case, we're all done. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows I have them and you don't. That's all folks.

Here's another one that I own and you don't, an 03' in 300 H&H is not too common. It should be easy for you to find where I STOLE the photo from (LMAO again!):

[Linked Image]

more you babble the bigger fool you prove you are.

you are proving that point...
Shucks lawrence, if I've lied anywhere, I'd sure like to see you point it out.

This is what happens when you troll sites Framis....You lose all credibility everywhere you go.

When you have no facts, just keep up the BS. Your lies, you dogcrap liar, is that my posted pictures were a) not my guns and b) that I stole the photos from other sites. It's all here in B&W for all to see.

STILL WAITING for one MINUTE speck of evidence of stolen picture.

There never will be because you are a cowardly, gutless, piece of crap who is a pathological liar. I see NO ONE defending your BS lies because everyone knows you have been NAILED 100%.

Go back over with NOBODY, it suits you much better.
Funny watching two lying [bleep] cyberhump each other........

Get a room you two....
Framis/oldman/Lawrence/Idiot, how about this for an idea...

You take the front page from todays paper (a nationally recognised paper), wrap it around the barrel of one any one of those rifles that you say that you own (wrap so that it would be very difficult to successfully photoshop), and leave the front page headline, date and top half of the page visible. Then take a photo. Post it. That MIGHT prove that you currently own that rifle.

I'm betting that you don't, because you are a [bleep] liar.

To quote you...

"YOU HAVE BEEN NAILED AND THE WIGGLE ROOM DOOR IS CLOSED! LMAO!"
Framis is currently consulting with LIAR 24, who developed the software for photoshop....

If they're not brothers, they're boyfriends..........
Lawrence, do I have to go pull your pics from the other board?

The only one nailed here is you, [bleep]...But do carry on, as its quite entertaining.

Its funny how you have a problem with Stick, and it bites you in the ass on the other boards you frequent.

But I do like Mike's suggestion...So how about it Frammy, prove the rifles are actually yours, you lying [bleep] piece of [bleep].
The folks who are so obsessed with accusing others of "not having the pictures to prove" that they own this rifle or went on that hunt are the ones who don't on the rifles themselves, and didn't go on that sort of hunt, either, and can't produce the types of photos they demand.

Funny how that works.
The folks who are so obsessed with accusing others of "not having the pictures to prove" that they own this rifle or went on that hunt are the ones who don't on the rifles themselves, and didn't go on that sort of hunt, either, and can't produce the types of photos they demand.

Funny how that works.
It is isnt it???? your the king of not producing pics......
I actually own the rifles I talk about.
And I post photos when appropriate, to polite people who have a genuine interest.

Tom264, where are your pictures of your Benelli R1 and your Winchester Model 70 .375 H&H?

If you don't own any, then you should not be posting about things where you have no experience.

Tom264, where are your pictures of your Benelli R1 and your Winchester Model 70 .375 H&H?

If you don't own any, then you should not be posting about things where you have no experience.
Never "claimed" to have owned any.....

I didnt give "any" information/experience to have owned any so my posts were toward LIARS such as youself....course you knew that!

Now get back in bed with the Oldman....
They don't own the rifles they insult.

They haven't done the hunts they trash.

They have nothing to contribute to a man's discussion.
They don't own the rifles they insult.

They haven't done the hunts they trash.

They have nothing to contribute to a man's discussion.
Neither have you LIAR24...and you know it otherwise you will provide proof!
Now like I said earlier....get back in bed with the Oldman...er...Oldwoman...whatever.
Stop humping my leg.
Ha ha ha.........you wish.
Good Lord people.

At least argue about something meaningful... like 7mm-08 vs .308! grin

How about this. Oldman, snap a pic of one of the rifles in question with your left hand flipping the bird. Done.
Don't sweat it Tom, I've got 2 416's and a 458 and he won't post the vaporware for me, so don't hold your breath.

Besides, it's not that anyone didn't ask politely to begin with for him to post them, and it's not that he didn't make the offer to do just that two years ago. It's the fact that he realized that there were people who knew that no way in hell could he post a picture of that rifle because it doesn't exist, which is why after two years, he still hasn't done it.

It's a pattern with him, just like he'll get on here and tell everyone that I've yet to provide my sources for the info, or Sean hasn't posted his. He'll ignore the fact that I've been doing business with Winchester since 1992 and during the course of that business, would have no idea as to what or when they produced rifles. He'll further ignore that if his rifle would have been made in the timeframe that he claims, it would have my bottom metal on it without a doubt.

Of course none of this means squat to us mere peons, since he says its so and we wouldn't even know what we were looking at if he posted the picture anyway.

At this point his vapor70 is somewhere along the grand canyon trail and a picture of either has the same likelihood of appearing on this forum or any other.

Now that I've mentioned the Grand Canyon, he'll ask me if I've ever hiked it, at which time I'll HONESTLY say no, but have gone there and seen it. That will be when I have no idea what I'm talking about and I'm not knowledgable enough about the subject to even know what state it's in, even though I lived there for a couple of years.

I guess all we'll be able to argue about now is 100lb dumbells, though recently I've seen them much larger than that and holding catfish.........
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Good Lord people.

Don't recall that working out too good for ya the last time that was discussed. Kind of a glutton for punishment aren't ya?
And I post photos when appropriate, to polite people who have a genuine interest.

Kinda hard to own something that never existed, aint it?

Now that JO chimed in we have the perfect trifecta! LMAO, you three are entertaining.
I think Lee24, oldman1942, Jeff O and perhaps Eremicus should start their own forum......."As Fake As It Gets.net
Mr. Williams thank you for your post. This clears things up completely for me regards Mr. Lee24.
Originally Posted by rosco1
Now that JO chimed in we have the perfect trifecta! LMAO, you three are entertaining.

About as entertaining as a root canal!
Tom, you seem to have missed what out LIAR friend from Canada said.
Just as a reminder, he said that I stole the photos of my rifles from other peoples posts, books, magazines or other sites.

He has been unable to produce a SINGLE EXAMPLE to support his lies.
END OF STORY.

Now as for the stupid idea of the newspaper. What part of Photoshop don't you idiots get? Want me to show you a "Japs Bomb Pearl Harbor" headline on a paper dated 12/3/2010?

I made him the plane ticket offer, he has yet to respond. Tom, I'll extend the same offer to you. Indiana is a cheaper flight for you to have to eat both ways. Ditto for River Otter....PUT UP OR STFU!

I told him to I.D. the specific sources, with evidence, that I stole the pictures from...He cannot.

Amazing that there are those who are so stupid that they actually defend this BIG FAT LIAR.

Easy to see why BOTH Canada and our country is being run by a bunch of fools intent on destruction.

Finally, neither Lee nor I have to prove a darn thing to you idiots. Although you are internet Nazis, the presumption of innocence still runs both our countries. YOU made the accusations and, as at the Queen's bench and American courts, the burden of proof is on the accuser not the accused.

If you have the evidence, trot it out, if not give up the lost cause as the more you lie the deeper you dig yourself into the cesspit of self delusion.
How about this one, tell me where I stole it from dipweeds?
LMAO x 100 !

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I think Lee24, oldman1942, Jeff O and perhaps Eremicus should start their own forum......."As Fake As It Gets.net
Halarious!
Humor comes naturally when you get bombarded with material.
Bombarded with unsupported lies is more like it.

Just got an update from MO Atty Gen office today.

Depositions start soon...should prove interesting...
Must suck to have to sell 3 rifles to buy 1.....course I wouldnt know what thats like.....

[Linked Image]
I was wondering why that was missed.....................laffin

Bombarded with unsupported lies is more like it.

LMFAO!
Waiting for the appearance of the "gold coin".... grin
Originally Posted by Tom264
Must suck to have to sell 3 rifles to buy 1.....course I wouldnt know what thats like.....

[Linked Image]

Now that's a Photoshop job if I've ever seen one!... wink

Lee,
I have a GENUINE INTEREST in seeing a picture of your Win M70 in 375 H&H. Could you PLEASE (note politeness) show us a picture of it????
triggerguard's yarn changes every time he spins it.

I asked him the name of his alleged contact "expert" at Winchester after his first post over 2 years ago. He still can't come up with a name. Maybe one day he will pull together his alibi.
Originally Posted by triggerguard1
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Good Lord people.

Don't recall that working out too good for ya the last time that was discussed. Kind of a glutton for punishment aren't ya?

Hmm...

Let's see... Big Stick asserted that 7-08 is demonstratably "better" than .308 for general-purpose hunting..

... then he threw out a somewhat dubious load to prove it- a load completely out to lunch velocity-wise as far as every loading manual on the planet is concerned... a load using a bullet almost nobody actually hunts with... at ranges that nobody uses a 7-08 for...

... however, gentleman that I am, I accepted the rather wack terms of the debate, and proceeded to demonstrate a .308 load that matched it...

... at which point he started babbling incoherantly and posting picture after picture of logs and fish and his fat hairy legs...

... at which point I decided to see just how BS his load WAS- how overpressure- which caused him to babble even more incoherently... and fail to provide even basic details of his supposed load.

So, Matt, if that's your definition of "punishment", sign me up! grin

By the way, post-pissing-match revisionism to the point of flat dishonestly is a common tactic with your crowd. I'd say you were better than that, but you publically posting private PM's between us kind of changed my opinion on that....

As to THIS pissing match, I have no dog in the fight. Y'all have fun, y'hear?

Laffin!
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

About as entertaining as a root canal!

Or hemorrhoids!
Short-term memory I reckon.....

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3346658/8
triggerguard's yarn changes every time he spins it.

I asked him the name of his alleged contact "expert" at Winchester after his first post over 2 years ago. He still can't come up with a name. Maybe one day he will pull together his alibi.

Right on Q.......

I think I called that in the post above where I said.....

It's a pattern with him, just like he'll get on here and tell everyone that I've yet to provide my sources for the info, or Sean hasn't posted his. He'll ignore the fact that I've been doing business with Winchester since 1992 and during the course of that business, would have no idea as to what or when they produced rifles.

Like I said, it's a pattern.
You still don't have a name.
Maybe by next year someone can come up with one for you.
You still dont have any proof nor will you ever come up with some....because there aint none!
Originally Posted by oldman
Finally, neither Lee nor I have to prove a darn thing to you idiots.

Now that right there speaks volumes to the level of retardation you suffer from.........

The humour is pretty good though!

You still don't have a name.
Maybe by next year someone can come up with one for you.

You still don't have the rifle, nor a clue............

The coloUr or your humoUr is about as much fun a waiting 18 months for chemotherapy in the socialist workers paradise.

For those of you who may have missed it Big Stick aka NOBODY (never was a better name chosen) is not on this site, nor any others as he has been banned everywhere for his foul mouth attempts at postings EXCEPT his own special website, populated by a few faces well known here. They lie just as much there as here and can even cuss like real men at an Avon meeting.

BTW, if those are all the Franklins (and 20s 5s and 1s) you can come up with, you're right there in the Mossberg/Tasco crowd.
I think my Nightforce cost more than that pile of photocopies. What's that a month's handout from public assistance?

Interesting how a DIRECT question is never answered by you sad sacks.

Can't find where I steal my pics. Won't come here and face the music at my expense (if you're not liars which of course you are). But still blah, blah, blah trying to change the subject or cover your sorry asses.

Would love to have you in a college debating class (college is where those of us who got past the GED attended), your sorry asses would be so hung out to dry that an "F" would be a gift.

Listening to you is like watching the Democrap "strategists" on TV trying to explain how bankrupting the economy will save the world. As Gump put it so well:
"Stupid is as stupid does" and we have the poster children right here every day!

Another stolen picture residing in my gunsafe. LMAO!

[Linked Image]
Shucks, a guy goes out to actually DO stuff for a couple days and framis goes off his nut....Too funny.

I have to ask you though, whats your fascination with Big Stick? You've chased him around the internet, why is that?

I would come down to frammy, but you and I both know that the empty offers are just part of your MO (and I doubt that you could float the airfare anyway)...Had a peek at a few of your posts elsewhere....This all follows the pattern.

I'm not sure why you are so negative about Canada Lawrence, have you been denied entrance for some reason?

Too bad you missed the humour in the pile of franklin's though....Maybe you should do a search for "Gold Coins"......

At any rate, you've proven your worth, as a troll on this board too, now that the only guy who will stand beside you is Lee.........
For someone who hates trolls as much as you seem to, you sure are their best friend feeding them the way you do.
Oh I don't hate 'em, I find some entertainment value in it.

BUT that said, point taken, and I'm done now.
The coloUr or your humoUr is about as much fun a waiting 18 months for chemotherapy in the socialist workers paradise.

For those of you who may have missed it Big Stick aka NOBODY (never was a better name chosen) is not on this site, nor any others as he has been banned everywhere for his foul mouth attempts at postings EXCEPT his own special website, populated by a few faces well known here. They lie just as much there as here and can even cuss like real men at an Avon meeting.

BTW, if those are all the Franklins (and 20s 5s and 1s) you can come up with, you're right there in the Mossberg/Tasco crowd.
I think my Nightforce cost more than that pile of photocopies. What's that a month's handout from public assistance?

Can't find where I steal my pics. Won't come here and face the music at my expense (if you're not liars which of course you are). But still blah, blah, blah trying to change the subject or cover your sorry asses.

Would love to have you in a college debating class (college is where those of us who got past the GED attended), your sorry asses would be so hung out to dry that an "F" would be a gift.

Listening to you is like watching the Democrap "strategists" on TV trying to explain how bankrupting the economy will save the world. As Gump put it so well:
"Stupid is as stupid does" and we have the poster children right here every day!

Another stolen picture residing in my gunsafe. LMAO!

[Linked Image]

Its strange you would call someone a liar when you tried to claim Mr. Humble was your brother.

Why would you ziptie the lever on a rifle in your safe?

It doesn't matter why... people keep playing into this ridiculous madness and playing right into the accused trolls hands, quit being entertainment for the trolls, completely ignore them and they will go away. 12 pages of nonsense where people look as silly as the ones making false claims. Enough already.
G&L, you apparently missed the chain of lies from our Canadian friend. When confronted with the FREE opportunity to prove his lies, he dove under his desk faster than Monica.

It's hard to ignore them when they chase you across every site spewing the lies and hate.

Why he is so dumb he thinks a photoshopped picture is a former poster on Snipershide.

That said, you are correct. They are not interested in the subject (Benelli R 1), only in insults and lies. So TRYING to ignore them is the best plan. BUT they will continue to try until they go so far over the line that they get canned. Happy to say there is a special site with (hang on )653 members of whom
7 members do almost 30% of the posts just for the "banned".

Benelli rules...ask the Marines!

No not all I can come up with....just what was at the front of the safe...wheres yours.

OK heres a DIRECT question..Have you ever been banned from any forums?
If so which ones?
List em all...thats pretty direct
What's a Benelli cost like that? Considering a base model K gun is about 10 grand - some 4 grand rifle don't impress me much.

And if you are that loaded - you don't have to sell 3 guns to get one....

Do I own neither? Nope but I've shot the hell outta one and honestly, I don't care what you paid - it's who you are that determines worth. 2 people on this thread should come in white clothes with black lettering...

how's them depositions workin' out for ya, oldman?
Tom, I ask the questions, not you, so stop trying to duck the basic subject of the liars about stolen pictures. Anyone dumb enough to be storing U.S. dollars in their gunsafe, which are depreciating faster than your I.Q., rather than gold, is almost too stupid to believe. Had you any financial education at all, you would know that incurring debt today with a credit line and paying it back with future worthless dollars is the way to go.
Guess you were still in diapers when Carter was president.

Toad, if you are the I.D. thief, I can assure you that you'll find out ALL about the depositions. (not "them" depositions...or "ya".... don't Montana schools teach English anymore?)

Still waiting for notification of the liars arrival to see my guns...... the silence will NEVER end!

Seen this one yet, you bunch of gutless liars?

[Linked Image]
Tom, I ask the questions, not you,
Kinda full of yourself arent you.....

Which forums you been banned from again?
Still your email address????

Traderswifeaol.com
Hey dipschit! The offer you chose to ignore still stands. Just come to Laramie and I will align that blinker of yours and try to encourage your brain into functioning correclty. After I beat your ass, I hope you will "[bleep] off" as you promised!

Jess
Oh, by the way... keep posting pictures of your piece of schit rifles. People need to know what not to buy.

Jess
Jess, my friend, I made the offer in answer to an accusation. Get your plane ticket or STFU.

As for your threats of physical harm.... well we'll find your ISP and file a complaint with your local LEOs. There is a FEDERAL law against making threats on the Net. Too bad you can't read.

If you think an 1899 B in 99% condition is something people need to be warned not to buy.... well that says it all about your expertise.

You're even dumber than Tiger, and that is DUMB!

Here's another pic for you a-hole, just to show you what is not a Mossberg...like your collection.

[Linked Image]

Is there anywhere else one can get so much free entertainment for just the cost of some bandwidth? Think I have at least a 1/2 dozen free ride offers out and NO takers. GEE I wonder why ? LMAO!!!
You know TROLLS, I'd really drop this thread except you just keep coming back for more proof of just how easy it is to wind you up and spit you out. The few of you who just can't shut up are providing a lot of entertainment (based in my IMs) for those members whose I.Q. exceed the temperature of Milne.

It's like a butt kicking contest with a one legged man! LAFFIN!
As for your threats of physical harm.... well we'll find your ISP and file a complaint with your local LEOs. There is a FEDERAL law against making threats on the Net.

Let us know how that works out for you. LOL!

George
George, those who have "a need to know" will. You are NOT on the list. Want a free plane ticket too?
Nope, but I know what would happen with a complaint filed based on what has been written here.

Funny thing about not having to guess....

FWIW, I can quote 18 U.S.C. � 875(c) off the top of my head. I'll give you some time to Google it. Difficult, at best, to prove who is behind the keyboard at any given moment. Makes even a case with no mens rea to prove difficult.
Funny how the internet "tough guy" turns into the schoolyard tattle tale isn't it? My offer still stands. Please contintue running your mouth, it's only more fuel for the fire.

Jess
i'd like to know the story about the identy theft he thinks i might have something to do with. i bet it's funny as hell too!

but who would wanna steal this guys identity anyway?
Like Lee24, it's just a cry for attention.
When the MO Atty General finishes the investigation, I'll fill you in. Suffice to say it involves obtaining confidential military record under more lies. (You know, like the lies about the R 1 that none of you will back up with anything but EMPTY words.)

Finn knows ALL about it but he's smart to keep his lip zipped as he may end up on the deposition list.

When you little boys reach maturity, it will make more sense. Tough to have nothing but a GED to work with. Ole Jess has really got to be DUMB to pass up a free plane ticket for a long drive to nowhere!

Keep it coming, we're still LAFFIN!
[Linked Image]
Looks like typical mex pottery sold to tourists.
Making pots from cocaine is tricky stuff......
Have to agree that the wood is pretty nice, but it would take some time to warm up to the rest of the rifle. How does it shoot?
Brand new, 1.5 MOA with cheap factory SPs. My 300 Winmag R 1 will do 3 in 1" after several 100 rounds break in with 168 TSXs and 1/2 gr under max 4831 loads. Either will kill anything at ranges I choose to shoot at.

It's like a Porsche 356, you either like form and function over somebody's idea of beauty or you don't.
You looking to sell the 1899B or the Husqvarna previously mentioned? What caliber is the 1899B?
dan
Yes both are for sale for 1 more day until I leave for FL for 6 months. Husky $1000, 1899B 303 $2500. here are pics:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
In spite of all the helpful and friendly advice given here, I did stumble across 4 130 Grand Slams in an old Speer box, stuck them in front of 780 and CCI 250s. In spite of -14 F, I managed this group with the "converted shotgun" (LOL x 10)

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire