F
They Beat BYU

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by FL_HUNTER
They Beat BYU

My bad. USF and BC were the embarrassing ones. Especially USF since USF got it's doors blown off by Rutgers who lost to WVU yesterday.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Florida and Cincy?? A better match would be TCU and Florida. I don't don't believe Cincy is in the same league. If Pitt had a kicker Cincy would be sucking hind tit.
Butch

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Florida and Cincy?? A better match would be TCU and Florida. I don't don't believe Cincy is in the same league. If Pitt had a kicker Cincy would be sucking hind tit.
Butch

The same could be said of UF and Bama though. Both won games on missed FG's (TN & Ark)

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257Deland
Originally Posted by Scorpion
it'd make my year if Cincy beats Florida.

That won't happen!!! Not if they play football!!

Michigan wasn't supposed to beat Florida a few seasons ago, either...

Nothing is certain til the last second ticks off that clock.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Butch

Pitt has an alright kicker, but if you're referring to that botched XP, that was all on the holder.

Still, a 17 point 4th quarter lead shouldn't come down to what it did.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Scorpion

Nothing is certain til the last second ticks off that clock.

And, gets put back on, to tick off again................................

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
No question that second should have been put back on. Clear as a bell on the video replay and review which took all of 15 seconds.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Scorpion-Nothing is certain til the last second ticks off that clock.

You are right about that sir!! Miami was a huge underdog to Nebraska in 1984 and won their first of five National Championships (1 robbery).

Last edited by 257Deland; 12/06/09.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to think I really had a clue as to just WTF was going to happen in college football. With mid-majors and even some FCS (Div II) schools being able to compete with the big boys, it makes for one helluva ride each fall.

Ever since App State spanked a VERY good Michigan team (who beat Florida BTW), I haven't been surprised by any of the crazy schit that can and will happen. Still, Cincy better bring their A-game +P+, as Tim Tebow is going to be playing like a madman. It'll be an exciting bowl season.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by isaac
Cincy beating Florida (with or without my line points) will be paying for my son's last semester of college at WVU who's bich slapping of Florida St will be paying for law school.

God, I love this country! Can't do schit like this for the Universities of Syria or Iran!

Bob, if you could break your addiction to being a classic 'financial enabler' with the yutes, you would not need to go such desperate measures as silly prognostications like these. cool

==============================

Think where my ammo supply might be now Sam it I tossed up a bravado bet that Bama was gonna spank Florida and for a box of bullets, at 2-1, I'd give them Florida and 10 points.

Folks have short memories when it comes to bowl games and "homering" sometimes doesn't equate to knowing the stats when teams play other teams out of conference and making your best bet.

I keep going back to the exact same type threads and posts when people were unthinkingly throwing up the exact same bravado when WVU played Gerogia and then Oklahoma in bowl games. I've been chuckling all weekend as I see the exact same type bravado being posted all over again.

Last edited by isaac; 12/07/09.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bob's gonna be rich I tell ya, rich!

and I'm gettin a cut, cause in the face of adversity (read that as some of his lame azz picks) due to my unwavering support, he likes me!

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah we have glue up here too.......just sayin

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted By: butchlambert1
Butch

The same could be said of UF and Bama though. Both won games on missed FG's (TN & Ark)

Well, sort of I guess. But the TN field goal wouldn't have been missed if #62 hadn't blocked it. Then again there were two more Bama players inline with Cody and even higher up. So I guess I'd be more accurate saying that final field goal wouldn't have been missed if Cody hadn't blocked it and the two defenders behind him had missed it. And Cody blocked another FG before this one. These blocks were called plays. I believe I heard Saban refer to it as the "Max Block" formation. Good call, good atheletes, good execution. BTW there's a great photo of that final FG attempt in Bama's school paper. It's appropriately entitled Rocky Block. smile

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you texas supporters gotta remember: bama will match up with texas even better than bama did with florida because mccoy is not the runner tebow is. saban will not lose two bowls in a row ...

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You reckon? I ain't a Texas fan, but will root for them since Bear ain't in Bama anymore.
Butch

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it will depend upon the planetary alignments.

while Tx has a chance, the odds are with the Tide. but, we've got 30 days to plan, adjust, consider, and "stay in shape."

on game day, it will depend upon who shows up to play, and who shows up to be seen. it's that simple.

wink

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by fish30ought6
you texas supporters gotta remember: bama will match up with texas even better than bama did with florida because mccoy is not the runner tebow is. saban will not lose two bowls in a row ...

I disagree. Colt's not as good as Tebow, but he can scramble and take advantage of an opening when he sees it. He won't be stiff arming or knocking guys over though.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Other than running yardage, what other stat advantage did Tebow have over Colt?

William Arthur Ward

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Other than running, the only advantage I say Tebow has over Colt is experience in the Big Game. Pressure ... how will Colt handle the Big Game pressure? A little nervous energy is good, but will he perform? If he get's behind, will he maintain poise and execute? I think so, but who knows.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 204guy, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,927 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,533
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.