-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 75 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 74 75
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I suppose I could ask when I get back home. Shouldn't too big a deal. They do it all the time with all the matches they put on there.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm up for it where ever its at. Though I like Cody cause I don't have to drive....grin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Curious question here but how would be go about getting permission from a range like the one @ Cody to allow a bunch of non club members in?

Thx
Dober

No big deal as they have several registered trap shoots there every year plus the cowboy shooting thing and lots of non-members are there. But I know those people that are in charge so will get in touch if enough are in favor of choosing Cody.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paladin
I suppose I could ask when I get back home. Shouldn't too big a deal. They do it all the time with all the matches they put on there.

David

Looks like I was too slow again as Paladin done answered already.
grin

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Cody sounds like a good place if Bigbuck can setup to use the range. Sounds like there's a bunch of other stuff to do also. It's farther for us CO guys to drive but WTH. We can do it. Since it's closer to MT, we might get more of you MT boys to come. If we want to check out the stuff around Guernsey, we could always stop for a couple of nights, along the way. Maybe Jacques would still give us the tour?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B2

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Partagas:

If we go to Cody, it sound like you'll be elected as the local contact & guide.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KC

Cody sounds like a good place if Bigbuck can setup to use the range. Sounds like there's a bunch of other stuff to do also. It's farther for us CO guys to drive but WTH. We can do it. Since it's closer to MT, we might get more of you MT boys to come. If we want to check out the stuff around Guernsey, we could always stop for a couple of nights, along the way. Maybe Jacques would still give us the tour?

KC

Whenever we can come up with some kind of date and about how many, we will proceed.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well elkhuntger started this thread.

Keith: you wanna take a vote or maybe wait to see if more people sign up before deciding?

KC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Something else to consider, the Winchester Arms Colletors Assn has their annual gunshow there in Cody in June every year, the exact date is not yet up on their website, maybe one of the Cody guys could check on the reservations at the Community Center and find out. This is a helluva gunshow, no junk at all, bring LOTS of money, you have to show 5,000 cash just to get in the door (just joking grin) still a great show just to go see if not to buy.

Last edited by jnyork; 12/10/09.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny-I was just thinking about the same thing.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
IC B3

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KC

Well elkhunter started this thread.

Keith: you wanna take a vote or maybe wait to see if more people sign up before deciding?

KC

elkhunter76 - WY
JacquesLaRami - WY
K Salonek - CO
pumpgun - CO
derby dude - MT
Stemshot - ?
KC - CO
Kamerad Les - CO
shrapnel - MT
leftycarbon - CO
duck911 - CO
weaselsRus - NV
Glock2240 - MT
JeffP40 - MT
Tracks - CO
remfak - CO
himmelrr - CO
tarkio - MT
rattler - MT
ingwe - MT
Rocky Raab - UT
Cheyenne - WY
jnyork - WY
prairie goat - MT
ranger1 - MT
paladin - WY
partagas - WY
Bigbuck215 - MT
Mark R Dobrenski - MT

so far the consensus seems to be Cody, WY but lets wait for a vote until we get some more interest. Where ever we choose we need a person on the ground there or close to it.

Rick thank you for making this a sticky!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A lot of us Colorado Folks for this one. cool

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bigbuck215, partagas & Paladin seem to be knowledgable about Cody.

JaquesLaRemi seems to know about the Glendo/Guernsey area.

KC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bring up Cody, WY, on google earth. Then navigate about seven miles or so northwest of town. Very impressive range.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KC

Bigbuck215, partagas & Paladin seem to be knowledgable about Cody.

JaquesLaRemi seems to know about the Glendo/Guernsey area.

KC

Partagas has lived there all his days, Paladin has been there about fifteen years and I lived there for twenty five, then moved about a hundred & ten to Billings, Mt., but still go to Cody quite a lot. Good place.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Partagas lives there.

Bigbuck lived there a long while.

My wife and kids live there and I drop in from time to time when I have a job and live there when not working.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

So, see ya in Cody. O, the people that are in charge of the shooting range are good guys and if I remember correctly, electricity and maybe water is available in the camping area.

We need to see if JB would show up. And Dogzapper.

Ivan

I've nothing against Cody, but this post eliminated it for me.
As was said, Elkhunter started this thread.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We have not decided on a place yet. That will take a vote of all interested members. We need to allow a bit of time to see if others are interested, perhaps from South Dakota or Nebraska.

Tracks please voice your opinions/suggestions/concerns.

Keith

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KC

KC

Heck, I can do that most anytime any of you are coming through here anyway, most any weekend or in the evenings after work -- unless I'm off working on a cabin fireplace somewhere. Just give me a ring or send me a PM a few days ahead of time.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jnyork
Something else to consider, the Winchester Arms Colletors Assn has their annual gunshow there in Cody in June every year, the exact date is not yet up on their website,

It usually is the third weekend in June, which would be the 18th-20th.

I could do that weekend. I have a grueling seminar at Jackson Lake Lodge at GTNP the 24th-27th. smile

Last edited by Cheyenne; 12/10/09. Reason: correct errors

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 5 of 75 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,177
Posts18,484,676
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.