Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 75 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 74 75
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This is sounding better all the time! Fishing, eating, visiting, a little shooting....just good times and good people!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I go pretty light and simple too, but I'm always pretty much 90% packed up for whenever it's time to go anyway. I just gotta grab a cooler and some grub and I'm ready. There's a couple extra tents and air mattresses already in here too if somebody wants to use them.

[Linked Image]

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Crap... I need to get to the GD more often.

If I can make it work out with work and all, I'm game as well.

Since Ingwe and Rattler might ride together, I might have to pick up the P-whipped troll looking mofo over in Havre laugh Or the hippy concrete worker in Boz-Angelas. laugh

I say early June would be perfect. Spring bear is over and the rivers have a week or two before the fishing gets really good. I don't really care where, as long as its not much over a 12 hour drive.

Oh, burning some gunpowder is a MUST if I drive that far... Beer guzzling and eating good are a given

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There seems to be enought interest in Jack Creek that Monday I'll make some calls to the FS to find out about availbility, and how early in June we can get the lodge.
I'll make some calls to the Biolgist in both areas to see how the P Dogs were going into the winter.

I will NOT LOCK IT DOWN YET.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
gotlost as long as you are calling about reserving the lodge as about reserving camping spots too. or setting up tents/trailers at the lodge.

BTW instead of a cream can wyoelk suggested a turkey cooker. I have one of those as well as a Camp Chef stove like this Camp Chef Explorer Stove

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only open dates are the 4,5 th and 11th and the 12th of June. at the crew Quarters

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
OK IF those are the dates available and they fill up fast we need to make a move this week early. My choice would be June 11 & 12 due to the snow melt in the area. This facililty has 5 bedrooms and sleeps 15 so not everyone has to drag a camper, several of us also have extra cots. The cost is $180 per night, so with 10 people that it would run about $40 each for the 2 nights ($20 per night) I for one would donate just to have the shower opportunity. I will have my own camper so I won't need a bed in the cabin. gotlost just reserved the cabin so we don't lose it. We can cancel it if we choose another location.

That being said...let's take a vote on this!

If ew decide to on Saratoga we need to send funds to gotlost ASAP!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jack Creek Crew Quarters has been reserved for June 11 & 12th. I can still cancel if I need to.
We'er not sure on how main people will show but I'd like to see the Guy/Gals who have to drive the farthest get first crack at staying at the Crew Quarter.

Last edited by gotlost; 12/13/09.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
From the recent posts I see this, please correct me if I am wrong.....and some of yuo have changed your mind. Please update your opinion. Thanks

Cody-Buffalo Bill State Park & Cody Range
paladin
partagas
bigbuck215
ralphie

Thermopolis-Hot Springs State Park

Sheridan/Buffalo-Tongue River Reservoir
tarkio

Saratoga/Encampment-Jacks Creek Crew Quarters
KC
Tracks
gotlost
elkhunter76
JacquesLarami
wyoelk
tex n cal
ingwe
rattler
kamerad les
snake river marksman
himmler
jnyork
MackMan
rnr
alpinecrick

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If needed the Guard Station has not been reserved yet, It will sleep 4 but is a lot more restic.

IC B3

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

elkhunter:

You got it right, my vote is for Jack Creek - Saratoga.

Wherever we land, I will bring a travel trailer. If we end up at Jack Creek I will contribute to the cost of renting the crew quarters.

I can also make a couple of dishes for a pot luck dinner and bring a box of fire wood.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There should be wood already cut and on site at the crew Quarters, that will not be the case at the Campground.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
KC,

Appreciate the offer. We are thinking of a milk can type dinner or cajun/shrimp boil for one night. One pot and easy to do. We will see how many actually still want to come. Everyone I hope!

Keith

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
elkhunter:

My culinary skills are extremely limited and therefore I stick to things that I know will turn out OK (I don't want to poinson anyone). I might be cooking impaired but I have learned to do a very few things well. I cook a couple of items using wild game meat. One is a peasant chili and the other is burritos. Both would harmonize with a Mexican food theme. Beyond that everything that I cook is aimed at backpacking and quick-easy camp meals.

I could arrive early on Friday and have a meal ready to serve by the time that others arrive.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds great to me -- I'll be happy to pitch in just for a shower too or cabin to hang out in if it turns out that we get a rain day, but I won't be needing one of the beds either.

P.S.

Everybody had still better plan on having plenty of warm clothes, there could easily be snow, cold rain, or sunshine, or all of the above in that time of year there.

Here's another photo from not too far away last 4th of July . . .

[Linked Image]

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I would also be there early Friday.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll plan for early Friday and bringing firewood for the campground. Will I need to reserve a site there?
Who gets the up front money and when?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, I'm in for Saratoga, I will have my camper and best fishing/hunting partner. I can be there Friday and contribute whatever to the grub. what's the story on reserving a camping spot, does not need hookups, dry camp is fine.

Last edited by jnyork; 12/13/09.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kieth, I'll probably be able to get there Friday evening or Friday early (depending on what is going on with my work that week -- If I can, I'll just put someone else in charge Friday and take it off too).

Let me know what I need to bring as far as food and stuff -- Everybody will like it better if I stay out of the cooks way laugh. But I'll sure as heck bring a big pile of stuff -- send me a grocery list and it'll be there!

Oh Yeah, and Gotlost, or however this is working, slip me an addy and I'll get you some cash too.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by Tracks
I'll plan for early Friday and bringing firewood for the campground. Will I need to reserve a site there?
Who gets the up front money and when?

gotlost reserved the cabin so we need to get funds to him. He put the entire amount on his credit card. I asked him if we could reserve the camp spots. I think he is checking on that.............

Page 11 of 75 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,191
Posts18,484,971
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.