-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ed ... I too am sorry for your loss, we had to put our Zoey down at 5 years young due to cancer about six weeks ago. At 14 1/2 years with your girl was truely a blessing. Hell I'm starting to well up now thinking of her ....
God Bless.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Someday we'll understand why the Creator gives us so little time with them...

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Brutal... Sorry for your loss..

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ed, sorry for your loss. I lost my lab Sam in February of this year. He was my best friend and constant companion. I aquired him my senior yr of college and took him to Medical school with me. It was just the two of us in my house for 4 years. My wife never knew me without knowing him. He went everywhere with us and lived to retrieve/hunt. One year he made over 400 retrieves on ducks. Easiest dog to train I've ever had. We moved back to MS with the kids and he seemed to really slow down after we moved back. More dramatic than should have been. One day while playing in the yard with the kids, he couldn't get up. His back legs quit working. He had a tumor in his spine that had compressed his cord. It was unbelievable because he was completely with it mentally but I had to put him down. Hardest thing I have ever done. I feel your pain. I have 2 other dogs and 2 kids with another on the way but there is a void that I will never fill. I miss him every day and people call me crazy but they don't understand. I wish you the best Ed and hope you can get through it.
Lee

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I am Sorry Ed for you and yours.

Last edited by NYStillHunter; 12/21/09.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Very sad for you. Not looking forward to this day with my Wedda. She's 7.

Taylor

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ebby
I have 2 other dogs and 2 kids with another on the way but there is a void that I will never fill. I miss him every day and people call me crazy but they don't understand.
Lee

Some of us understand... frown

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dogs are one of the soulish creatures God placed on this earth. I have Baush, a GWP, a little house dog, Effie, and two "granddogs" (good grief). Holidays in our house resemble a pound.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Ingwe. There are a few of us around. I duck hunt only to let my dogs work. They love it. I love watching them work. I know Ed is going through a lot right now.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Ed - on 12/31 we had to put our Weasel (Dachshund) down due to galloping liver cancer. He was only 12. Our 6 year old Lab has been looking for him for the last couple days....

Campfire dog owners understand the loss....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm still grieving for my little cocker and it's been over a year. Nothing like old dogs to get to a man's heart.

E
Ed_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and my condolences to all of you that have lost your friends as well.

The Holliday's were rather flat without Zuhya and Ali. They both had a lot of energy and presence. Zuhya had that presence even when she could no longer get up without help.

One of my winter projects is to build urns for both Ali's and Zuhya's ashes. I am going to build them from Rocky Mountain Juniper that my Dad and I cut over 10 years ago. My Dad was the master wood worker and cabinet maker. I have always found it easier to work with metal, but I am looking forward to this.

Happy New year to all and remember to appreciate your dogs while they are with you.

Ed T

K
KLM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Ed:
My heart goes out to you. There is nothing like a good dog to help us understand life. I don't now if it gets better but it helps me understand what really matters (God, family (including dogs), everything else). Almost lost my 6 year old Lab just before Christmas. While making a great retrieve across a creek we think she picked up a bone or feather fragment in her mouth. 48 hours later an abscess had formed behind her eye and she spent 5 days at the Iowa State University Veterinary hospital in ICU. She lost her left eye and has nerve damage to the side of her face. Thankfully she lives to be my constant companion.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sorry for the best friend losses. BTDT wish I didn't have the t'shirt.

but dang las, I had no idea the Weasel is gone!

felt like I knew the little varmint, all the pix and stories that included the Weasel.

maybe you'd posted it before but I just saw it here, hate it for you sir, I know that dog played a big role in your life.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
It's a good friend that will sell his toys to raise funds for the best medical care as you did a few months back. Your dogs are fortunate to have had you. May the pain fade but never completely go away and may the great memories stay with you always to bring a smile when you need one.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
EdT,I am very sorry to hear of your loss.My wife just brought my 11 1/2 year old chocolate back from emergency surgery in Calgary,he had Laryngial Paralysis,and thankfully the surgery was successful and he can breathe again.I know I'll lose him someday and when I do I hope I can face my loss with the grace with which you have accepted yours. Best wishes,Monashee

Last edited by Monashee; 01/07/10.

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 21 invisible), 14,524 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,984
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.