Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 75 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 74 75
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Too lazy to go through all the post....we have a date and place.

All guys or girlfriends and wives. (not both at the same time) grin

LC

Wives and girlfriends are welcome.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jack Creek Campground is west of Saratoga about 25 miles. EH posted a map earllier.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Too lazy to go through all the post....we have a date and place.

All guys or girlfriends and wives. (not both at the same time) grin

LC

my wife is tagging along, dont know bout anyone elses.....as a third generation newspaper publisher you wont have to worry bout offending her delicate sensibilities though grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WTF
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
I assume you responded to my first post in this thread. It has evolved into a weekend meet and greet at Jack Creek near Saratoga. Jun 11, 12 & 13

Saratoga is less than 2 hours from me. Where is Jack Creek?

The only Jack Creek I could find on the net was up near Cody somewhere.

To reach Jack Creek Crew Quarters from Saratoga, Wyoming, turn west off Highway 130/230 on Bridge Street across from the Wolf Hotel, travel west on County Road 500 to the forest boundary approximately 20 miles, then on National Forest System Road (NFSR) 452 for 5 miles. The Jack Creek Crew Quarters will be located on the left (north) side of the road.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WTF
I assume you responded to my first post in this thread. It has evolved into a weekend meet and greet at Jack Creek near Saratoga. Jun 11, 12 & 13

Saratoga is less than 2 hours from me. Where is Jack Creek?

The only Jack Creek I could find on the net was up near Cody somewhere.

To reach Jack Creek Crew Quarters from Saratoga, Wyoming, turn west off Highway 130/230 on Bridge Street across from the Wolf Hotel, travel west on County Road 500 to the forest boundary approximately 20 miles, then on National Forest System Road (NFSR) 452 for 5 miles. The Jack Creek Crew Quarters will be located on the left (north) side of the road.

There I printed it so I won't have to keep asking.

I could go to Three Forks and connect to I-94 and drive across Montana to Billings. Than connect to I-90 and drive south across Wyoming. Than connect to I-84 and drive a third of Wyoming to Saratoga. But that seems the long way to me. Or I could jump on 287 out of Helena and drive straight through to Saratoga. The 287 route although two lane seems the shorter and most direct route.

I'm open to suggestion if anybody has one.

I could jump on my private jet and fly in too but probably not in this lifetime. grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
DD,

I just wasn't sure where exactly you were in relation to I 90.

Coming down 287 should be just fine!

Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guys in Montana, Derby, others. If you are closer to Hardin than Red Lodge, I would come down the Interstate from Hardin to Casper then (without looking up any road numbers, I still don't use them laugh ) go Southwest through Alcova to Rawlins. Or turn towards Shirly Basin before you get to Alcova -- to Medicine Bow then Walcott it's about six of one half dozen of the other.

If you are closer to Red Lodge, then I'd come down through Cody, Thermop, Riverton, Jeffery City, Rawlins.

Either way, you DO NOT want to go clear to Salt Lake (Unless you're riding in a Greyhound bus, like I had to from Shelby one time, years ago)!

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
DD,

I just wasn't sure where exactly you were in relation to I 90.

Coming down 287 should be just fine!

Keith

Thanks.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doggone it! Sorry to hear it. Don't they hold the Linebaugh shoot every year though? grin

Well, yes they have in the past, but the last time I talked to John, he wasn't sure he was going to do any more in Cody. Could be all talk, so I'll herd him up again and see.

Either way, I could end up having to work and not make either one.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
220-287 is good runnin.

watch for lopes.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
287 your best bet DD 200 miles less a little more relaxing,chance to scout more deer and elk country . grin grin grin

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks. Yup, it looked the best way to go to me too.

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I'll be leaving from NE Denver about 1:00pm on Friday the 11th. If anyone wants to carpool or needs a ride, I have one empty seat in my Tundra. Just send me a PM.

RH

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So we've talked about roads, who's staying where, etc...

Now, back to beer and food laugh

Everyone brings a 24 pack or Local Stuff to the party for our cultural exchange??

Who all has real Dutch Ovens on here?

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can school us on dutch oven pizza Dan.

Note to self.....bring lots of TUMS.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
A big +1 on this. Thinking Dan needs to bring the fixings for some of his pizza after his last pictures of the same.

Still drooling here...

Last edited by wyoelk; 12/17/09.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JacquesLaRami
Guys in Montana, Derby, others. If you are closer to Hardin than Red Lodge, I would come down the Interstate from Hardin to Casper then (without looking up any road numbers, I still don't use them laugh ) go Southwest through Alcova to Rawlins. Or turn towards Shirly Basin before you get to Alcova -- to Medicine Bow then Walcott it's about six of one half dozen of the other.

If you are closer to Red Lodge, then I'd come down through Cody, Thermop, Riverton, Jeffery City, Rawlins.

Either way, you DO NOT want to go clear to Salt Lake (Unless you're riding in a Greyhound bus, like I had to from Shelby one time, years ago)!

If heading into Rawlins, there is a quicker way than Walcott to Saratoga. Let me know if you need directions. It is a little confusing but faster than heading from Rawlins to Saratoga and up to Jack Creek.

This applies to those guys hitting Rawlins from the North or West.

Last edited by wyoelk; 12/17/09.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
wyoelk, I heard they are going to pave the road from Rawlins all the way to the forest this year, that could be a bit of a mess if the are. I'll bet EH76 could find out about that for us.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wyoelk
A big +1 on this. Thinking Dan needs to bring the fixings for some of his pizza after his last pictures of the same.

Still drooling here...

And since Danny will be staying in the lodge...where EH76 says the cooking will take place...

I'm just sayin.... grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gotlost
wyoelk, I heard they are going to pave the road from Rawlins all the way to the forest this year, that could be a bit of a mess if the are. I'll bet EH76 could find out about that for us.

If some here had their way, they would pave the whole state. I just don't get it. They seem to pave dirt roads seldom traveled (not that the road south out of Rawlins isn't) to "give people access to their public lands", then the forest service and blm restrict access every chance they get and want to charge fees when you get there.

Sorry for the high jack. Rant over.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 21 of 75 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,632
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.