Hop To
Page 22 of 75 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 74 75
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Paladin
Originally Posted by gotlost
wyoelk, I heard they are going to pave the road from Rawlins all the way to the forest this year, that could be a bit of a mess if the are. I'll bet EH76 could find out about that for us.

If some here had their way, they would pave the whole state. I just don't get it. They seem to pave dirt roads seldom traveled (not that the road south out of Rawlins isn't) to "give people access to their public lands", then the forest service and blm restrict access every chance they get and want to charge fees when you get there.

Sorry for the high jack. Rant over.

Nah, go ahead and rant. I agree with you. However, the decision to pave that, right or wrong, is motivated by public input/pressure. An example is that people expect to be able to drive 75 mph on I80 year round. States in the east and west want 3 lanes each way on I80 and want it open 365 days/year.....

gotlost if that is a USFS road or county road it won't show up in our system. We got out of that business....thank goodness.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great stuff to the guys in Wyoming.......

Just got caught-up. I'm in for camping. Is there any ATV riding/trails in the area?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wyoming only has two seasons, Winter and road repair. mad

(Guess I spent too much time on I-80 in single lane traffic led by a 45 MPH motor home) grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dutch oven owner, and will bring a couple growlers of the local Brew. cool

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by gotlost
wyoelk, I heard they are going to pave the road from Rawlins all the way to the forest this year, that could be a bit of a mess if the are. I'll bet EH76 could find out about that for us.

This I did not know and if it is the case, it will be a huge mess. They were redoing the two bridges this year but we never even slowed down for those. I think that is a county road.

For those interested in riding ATV, there are several roads you can ride on (any open FS road) but you do have to have a Wyoming ORV permit, about $15.00. They are also starting to get sticky on insurance as well, make sure you have some.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kieth, Wyo. 71 (sage creek rd) it's paved to with in a few miles of High Savery Res all ready.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tracks
Wyoming only has two seasons, Winter and road repair. mad

(Guess I spent too much time on I-80 in single lane traffic led by a 45 MPH motor home) grin

At least we fix them!

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

rnr Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So anybody got ideas for activities? I wouldn't mind plinking a few .22's at some necco candies. Maybe a simple/quick competition w/ bragging rights on the campfire?

Any other ideas?

Last edited by rnr; 12/18/09. Reason: added link

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Sherlock Holmes
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know..... Some steel at UKDs would be fun laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wyoelk
A big +1 on this. Thinking Dan needs to bring the fixings for some of his pizza after his last pictures of the same.

Still drooling here...

Dutch Oven Trash Can Pizza for 20+ people??? Its cheap... Easy.... Done in under a couple hours... Who all has a 12" deep?

[Linked Image]

Sirloin Tip roasts with spuds and onions are even easier, just take longer laugh

Thats the problem with DO cooking.... If you do a couple roasts in two ovens, thats 4-5 hours of beer drinking while waiting on dinner.

I also pretty much have my backwoods Jambalaya recipe tweaked to exactly where I want it (a good one to try in a couple turkey fryer pots perhaps???) and with the sausage making my Dad and I have been up to, there's a whole new realm of possibilities there. A perfect Jambalaya sausage is on the agenda and with his annual pepper crop it'll put the generic 'authentic' Andouilles to shame (who actually eats jalapenos?)

If we can round up enough Dutchies, I don't have a problem playing 'O Holy (Chuck) Wagon Master laugh I'm sure I can find a few volunteers to help drink beer and supervise laugh

I'm Irish...

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by DanAdair
If you do a couple roasts in two ovens, thats 4-5 hours of beer drinking while waiting on dinner.

I fail to see your problem there...

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dan,

gotlost and I were thinking of a cream can dinner for Saturday night, but using turkey cookers. Kind of like a cajun boil. BUT I like your idea too! smile I have several dutch ovens ranging from 10" to a 14" DEEP. We have time to work out the details.

Keith

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And I'm real adept at the Supervisory Capacity.... grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
And I'm real adept at the Supervisory Capacity.... grin

Ingwe

Sorry, I already have claim to that position. But you can be my co-conspirator er.... my co-supervisor! grin now we just have to find someone to fetch refreshments!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
My resume' includes experience in maintaining the chef's and co-conspirators hydration levels... grin
Consider the position filled..... wink

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I will have to get with Dan. this dutch oven idea may have merit!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like you said... Once its closer to go-time we'll have an idea how many we're feeding.

I'm interested in this Cajun Boil??? Whassat? Shrimp and snausage, and chickin in a pot?? Mop it up with sourdough? Like scotter the hillbilly meets chiapino? I'm always up for new things (unless it involves Sammers and a squeeze chute)

I'm Irish...

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
IT can be potatos, italian snausage, ear corn, shrimp or crawdads or both, seasoning, onions, the list goes on. When done, cover a table in newspaper and dump it out. Very good! Bread is a must!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmmm.... Sounds like I need to learn the finer points laugh

You guys have crawdads worth trapping? Or the little 1 1/2"ers like we got up here?

I'm Irish...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wyoelk
Originally Posted by DanAdair
If you do a couple roasts in two ovens, thats 4-5 hours of beer drinking while waiting on dinner.

I fail to see your problem there...

laugh I like the way you think...

I'm Irish...

Page 22 of 75 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,272
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.