Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 75 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 74 75
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Thanks. No problem being in state with a rifle from some one from Montana? I sure don't want you guys to have to bail me out of jail.

Who do you think would bail you out? And why would someone do so?

smirk

Probably no one and you'd all be happy to see me in the crowbar hotel. grin

In many states, if one is cought with a fire arm of any sort it's jail time. Don't figure Wyoming is one of those states but just wanted to be sure if possible.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Wyoming surely is NOT one of those states. There are more guns than people..

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Besides Montana, Wyoming is the ONLY other place I could, or would, live...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There is one more choice....Alaska! smile Darn near moved there 27 years ago.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thought about that one too....maybe if I were 20 again.....

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your first heart attack would probably be your last in AK

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Your first heart attack would probably be your last in AK

So....what's your point? Unless you are in a city in WY or MT there ain't a hell of a lot of difference.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
As time gets closer should I make sure the liquor stores in Rock Springs and Rawlins have enough Ripple T-Bird and Lemon Heart 40 over for the Folks from Montana?

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

In many states, if one is cought with a fire arm of any sort it's jail time.

DD:

You are familiar with the 2nd Ammendment of the U.S. Constitution aren't you?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC

DD:

You are familiar with the 2nd Ammendment of the U.S. Constitution aren't you?

KC

his point is there are lots of states that get upset over how us here in Montana and im sure you and the Wyoming boys carry guns around......ive had MT hp's pull me over and not think twice bout the 22 ive got wedged between me in the drivers seat and the center console.....plenty of states where you cant do that with out getting harassed at the very least.....ive been pulled over for a busted tail light with aback seat loaded with guns that would give the average Californian liberal an instant stroke and the HP didnt even bring them up(did i mention i was 16 at the time?)

Last edited by rattler; 12/20/09.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've never been pulled over without a gun of some sort in the vehicle.

Unless its hunting season, there's usually an AR on the dash, unless I'm just going to work. During hunting season, there's a bolt action CF on the dash of some variety, and the AR is behind the seat.

I've never once had a Montana law officer of any sort get too worried about any guns I've ever had in a vehicle. One even said "Its the ones you don't see you need to worry about..."

I'm pretty sure Montana law is... If two vehicles hit a 4 way stop at the same time, the guy with the larger caliber handgun goes first laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
This is all sounding too good...can we move the date up??? grin

Ingwe

Cool, party at Ingwe's next weekend laugh

I'm going to say that since most of us are conservatives that actually WORK for a living, many won't know for certain until the last minute. Thats okay... We'll sort it out laugh

Me, I'm going through a crisis, so I'll piss away a 50K a year job before I miss a good party laugh

I'm Irish...

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I live in Western Washington which is a liberal hellhole.I still carry an AR15 on the back seat of my Subaru Outback every day.S&W 642 in my pocket also.

Enlisted Men are Stupid, but Extremely Sly and Cunning, and bear Considerable Watching.

US Army Officers Manual of 1894
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KC

DD:

You are familiar with the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution aren't you?

KC

Yup, and in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts get cought with an unregistered fire arm and you are dead meat and will spend the rest of your life in jail. Oh ya, you can talk to them about the 2nd Amendment all you want and it isn't going to do you much good.

When I was in the Guard back East had two Guardsmen from my unit arrested for carry two fully automatic match M-16A1's with ammo. The two match M-14's didn't help matters either. Both were under orders traveling through Mass on the way to a military sanctioned match. A quick call to the US Attorney's office in Mass sprung both men without charges but that's the kind of crap we Easterners go through all the time.

Even though I've been in Montana for almost 30 years that kind of Eastern crap is so ingrian in me that I'm still gun shy of crossing state lines with a fire arm and ammo.

Thanks everybody for the info that's okay to cross into Wyoming with rifle and ammo.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

C
CP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It is closer to home than you may think, and a lot of it is in Wyoming. If you ever get pulled over in Yellowstone and have an uncased functional firearm within reach in your rig, it can get interesting. I don�t have a Concealed Weapon permit, and fortunately my son had told me to pull the bolt out of my rifle just five minutes before I was pulled over by a Park cop. He told me he could still cite me because I had an uncased rifle in the driver�s compartment, but let me go with a warning because the bolt had been taken out of the rifle. CP.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SANDRAT
I live in Western Washington which is a liberal hellhole.I still carry an AR15 on the back seat of my Subaru Outback every day.S&W 642 in my pocket also.

You drive a Subaru? eek

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Must be another carpet licker laugh

Hell, even it I did own a Subaru wagon, I'd NEVER admit it here... I'd lie and say I have an F25,000 with an Uberdiesel

laugh

I'm Irish...

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
DocRocket drives a Subaru! laugh He drove it to antelope camp. Man did he catch a bunch of grief!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty sure putting boned out dead animals in the back of an Outback would get you arrested for being a hypocrit in Montana

laugh

What say the Senator from Helana (Oreo's for Africa)

I'm Irish...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It would get you a ticket for hypocrisy anywhere in the state except inside the Bozeman City Limits...

There they will ticket you for driving a Subaru without a Lab in the back named " Bridger" or "Madison"....or without a " Free Tibet" Bumper Sticker....

Used To be different.... frown

Ingwe

Page 25 of 75 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (12344mag, 160user, 16penny, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.