Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 806 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 805 806
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
would know who Hackenschmidt, Sandow, Arnold Strong, Maher and others were. You youngsters and couch potatoes have to read up on the Internet.

Lee, you do know that "Arnold Strong" isn't a real name, right? Just a test? Show me one bodybuilding contest that was won by "Arnold Strong".

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Here comes the Google....

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I heard that Lee24 is busy engineering the gondola lift that will soon be taking people to the top of Everest.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Ever notice how much time it takes for him to "recall" facts???? Anywhere from a half hours to days.

DSL vs dial up, and depending on how many pictures need to be downloaded.... laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rman
would know who Hackenschmidt, Sandow, Arnold Strong, Maher and others were. You youngsters and couch potatoes have to read up on the Internet.

Lee, you do know that "Arnold Strong" isn't a real name, right? Just a test? Show me one bodybuilding contest that was won by "Arnold Strong".

R.

I know the answer! I know the answer!

But I'm not gonna tell you......

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sprint11

I know the answer! I know the answer!

But I'm not gonna tell you......

Not worthy?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
from Olive Drab.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Exactly,,,that knowledge is only for the ones I deem worthy,,,and if you disagree with me,,,,well then you're obviously an idiot.

Even though you were proven right and I was proven wrong,,,I'm still right.

Right?

You'd better agree with me...

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Lee24
1. The XM21 was a heavy barrel match M-14 rifle built by Rock Island Arsenal for the military. They originally build about 1,400 of them for use in Vietnam. In 1971, it became the M21, and was the primary US Army sniper rifle until 1988.

The M-21 did not have a heavy barrel. It was only an M-14 that exhibited better than usual accuracy over other M-14's and was then selected to become an M-21. The selector was removed and a scope mounted. A cammed Redfield scope was mounted on the one I had. If I recall correctly the cammed scope permited accurate fire between 300 and 600 meters.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by FWP
Originally Posted by Lee24
1. The XM21 was a heavy barrel match M-14 rifle built by Rock Island Arsenal for the military. They originally build about 1,400 of them for use in Vietnam. In 1971, it became the M21, and was the primary US Army sniper rifle until 1988.

The M-21 did not have a heavy barrel. It was only an M-14 that exhibited better than usual accuracy over other M-14's and was then selected to become an M-21. The selector was removed and a scope mounted. A cammed Redfield scope was mounted on the one I had. If I recall correctly the cammed scope permited accurate fire between 300 and 600 meters.

The m21's that were our issue in the late 80's were manufactured at the rock island arsenal. They had the same barrel profile as a my national match M1A (I think that it was the same weight as an issue m14 barrel, but I only held a issue m14 for a day or two in ranger school) the rifles were glass bedded and easily MOA or better rifles.

The scopes were Leatherwood ART-2 scopes, which adjusted trajectory from 300-900 yds.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
IC B3

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
nobrains,

Scan back a few pages and read my post of the published weights of the M-21 and the M-14, M1-A Super Match and National Match.

Gee, whaddya know, the M-21 weighed the same as the heavy barrel M-14/M1-A Super Match, at 9 lbs 5 oz. What a coincidence. Must have been the heavier wood in the M-21.

The original M-21s just had match-grade barrels, but that barrel was too light for the MAC Sionics suppressor, so the heavy barrel had to be put into place.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Now Lee be nice. I expect a nasty name like that being thrown at someone like me that you try to ignore but why would noknees deserve it for simply recalling what he was issued? Maybe he had one of the originals with a match grade barrel before the suppressor was issued.

Im sorry your starting to break down trying to keep track of everything you post but there is no need to be nasty. smile

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Vaginal sand could cause these outbursts methinks.

1flier

Black Olives Matter!!
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round..........................................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Too many crossovers from "as real as it gets" methinks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rman

R.

that was mean

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I don't know what Steve_NO is talking about, but neither does Steve_NO.

"Arnold Strong" was a stage name, used by several circus strong men. This was from the era of P.T. Barnum and all these men used kettle bells for work outs and for exhibitions.

I can reword the sentence by using some new names, and those of you who don't know much about heavy weights will be just as baffled.

Any one who had lifted heavy weights would know who George Hackenschmidt, Eugene Sandow, Arthur Saxon, Louis Cyr and others were.

Try again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pretty weak attempt at deflection...

Oh,,,and still wrong.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I INVENTED P. T. Barnum.

....just after I invented Elephants,

Than I had to invent the steam engine, so's we could get the Elephants on shore and PT could cruise ( Chrysler plug)

Lee,.....as much as I appreciate your help with the minor details of inventing the Steam Engine,.......and your well intentioned advice about the original elephant design
( 4 tusks?!).....you're really starting to pizz me off.

These fellows sound like they've got their chit together.

You need to remember that it's not everybody gets to live 4-5 lifetimes, and be "inner Circle" on alla' the latest evolutions.

I forgave you that"Bubonic Plague" stunt,........and remain somewhat underwhelmed at your latest "Tsunami Research" activities in the Indian Ocean / China Sea.

Fair warning,........DON'T pizz off these "Campfire types" any further.

there's more than a few look like suitable replacements for your sorry azz, and Imn have no doubt they just might do better work.

Now,....Lee, get back to work on this "Global Warming Horsechit, and try and get this Gore weirdo in line. Gotta' say, I'm really pizzed that you called out "trust him"

'Fore you leave ....go get me a coffee, Lee.

GOD

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lee24, I want to thank you for inventing Christmas....and for bringing so much joy and hilarity into the lives of so many people here at the Fire with your antics.

Don't ever change, man. And Merry Christmas to you.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Page 16 of 806 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 805 806

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (219DW, 1936M71, 1badf350, 222Sako, 1234, 10Glocks, 49 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,437
Posts18,489,382
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.