Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3616164 12/28/09
1234 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
i heard steve timm [dogzapper] was no longer posting here ? is that right, what happened ?

Ed

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope that is not true. I enjoyed his observations and writings. Anybody know?

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I can't answer for Steve but I suspect he left because of some here who bashed his Church.

Yeah, he's missed big time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SU35
I can't answer for Steve but I suspect he left because of some here who bashed his Church.

Yeah, he's missed big time.

Indeed, one of the good one's and people felt the need to roll in on his beliefs. A shame and I hope he comes back some time.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
He had a post over on predator masters that he was no longer going to post here because of who ever was bashing his church.....but he still lurks here so you might send him a pm if need something he has a wealth of knowledge on rifles.
Dink

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Steve is a good man and this site has lost one of it's most valuable members if he doesn't come back.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hate to see anyone leave because of others oppinions.....however.

This is a shooting, hunting, guns forum. If everyone would keep their religious views where they belong (personal and not public) and stick to guns and shooting......no one would have any reason to trash them (except of course those who think .22 caliber rifles a great deer guns).

Keep religious veiws to your self.....believe what you want and let others do the same. Once YOU open the discussion, don't be surprised if someone disagrees.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree but IIRC the transgression happened in the specific area for religious discussion and it wasn't a disagreement about faith but a bigoted attack on his faith.

Me

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by teal
I agree but IIRC the transgression happened in the specific area for religious discussion and it wasn't a disagreement about faith but a bigoted attack on his faith.

There are a few guys on this board who will zealously attack Catholicism given an opening.

Most guys here are great, BTW.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 12/28/09.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Not necessarily or ultimately so, the final nail happened in the "Campfire" section.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Teal and BMT are spot on. A few real narrow minded, uneducated, ill mannered idiots kept piling on my good friend Steve and ran him away from the Campfire.

All of us are missing out on fellowship with one of the FINEST of men because of a handful of Neanderthals.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SU35

Not necessarily or ultimately so, the final nail happened in the "Campfire" section.

I only know what Steve told me, I missed most of it. Learned to stay away. I'll discuss what and why I believe what I believe but I am not going to get into a "mine v yours" argument.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Steve, if you are lurking I hope you won't let a couple of small brained individuals deter you from posting going forward. Don't forget the world is full of um'.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No idea what his faith is, not important to me. All this time I thought he worshipped at the altars of the GM diesel pickup and flat-shooting cartridges? ;O)

Come on back, DZ. We can whack the tar out of them what have no respect for their fellow man.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I miss his postings myself and thought I had read he stopped posting here. Hopefully he reads this and reconsiders posting his knowledge and experiences. It really is not right when a few bad apples spoil the bushel.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
He is indeed a very helpful person. Don't like to see the good people leave because of the self-appointed internet heros here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The few guys with alternative belief systems pile on Christians every chance they get. Catholics make big targets it would appear.

For a bunch of guys who claim they don't care about religion, they sure enjoy making a big deal about it.

It's not that I mind their belief system, it is that they insist on taking a piss on the belief system of everyone else.

I go to church and struggle the best I can. DZ is a gentleman. The difference between him and I is that if any man said the kind of things to me that have been said to him on this board I would stomp his ass over it.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Only thing that mattered to me was his faith in the 120gr BT ...Steve thanks for the knowledge and experience you brought here

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by petr
The few guys with alternative belief systems pile on Christians every chance they get. Catholics make big targets it would appear.

For a bunch of guys who claim they don't care about religion, they sure enjoy making a big deal about it.

It's not that I mind their belief system, it is that they insist on taking a piss on the belief system of everyone else.

I go to church and struggle the best I can. DZ is a gentleman. The difference between him and I is that if any man said the kind of things to me that have been said to him on this board I would stomp his ass over it.

Steve is a class act, no doubt.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I almost left after he and a few others bashed the Barnes X.......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (007FJ, 2500HD, 1936M71, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.