Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm in for a raffle too.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

GB1

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by triggerguard1
I'll get some of the details worked out, but it will definitely be a raffle.

When I get it ironed out, I'll post the details in another thread on the campfire, but everyone is encouraged to link to it from other places here.

For starters, I'm thinking tickets could go for $10.00 each. Minimum purchased and raffle dates would yet to be determined.

I've met "castandblast" and "222Rem", as well as a few others, but those guys are here in Oregon and fairly close. One or both might be willing to participate in the drawing, so everybody knows that it's fair.

I'm thinking requirement would have to be that you were an active member of the campfire before today to qualify.

Okay, so there's some ideas. Feel free to throw out your own and we'll see what we can come up with.

PM me details when you are ready and I will get it sorted out regarding the Oregon Dep't of Justice, Charitable Activities Section rules.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is he gone? Really? That would be too good to be true!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Is there a liars anonymous? Sorry couldn't help it. I'm in.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by CLB
The thing I loved about Lee24 was you always met someone new when you talked to him......

CLB

grin grin grin grin grin

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by BMT

When I get it ironed out, I'll post the details in another thread on the campfire, but everyone is encouraged to link to it from other places here.

For starters, I'm thinking tickets could go for $10.00 each. Minimum purchased and raffle dates would yet to be determined.

I've met "castandblast" and "222Rem", as well as a few others, but those guys are here in Oregon and fairly close. One or both might be willing to participate in the drawing, so everybody knows that it's fair.

I'm thinking requirement would have to be that you were an active member of the campfire before today to qualify.

Okay, so there's some ideas. Feel free to throw out your own and we'll see what we can come up with.

PM me details when you are ready and I will get it sorted out regarding the Oregon Dep't of Justice, Charitable Activities Section rules.

BMT

I think you just volunteered to be the bag man on this operation.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
bummer it's not a Lefty. frown

If it's going to a charity, I might buy a ticket anyway.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Will the floor plate be engraved Lee24 on the rifle?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Raffle for some charity that involves veterans.... heck yes I'd buy a couple tickets.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Count me in for a couple, would it be possible to set up something like a paypal account?

Deal with it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How do you guys feel about an auction of sorts for a 416 Super Express in Lee's honor?
This was the rifle I put on the block for proof of his Columbia wonder that never was. It'll be a chance to own a piece of history.

I'll be in for a ticket or three. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CLB
The thing I loved about Lee24 was you always met someone new when you talked to him......always reminded me of the movie "A Beautiful Mind" was a terrible thing to waste

CLB

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I would be in for a raffle ticket. And evidently video of 2 girls and dishware.

Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Meanwhile, back at the ranch......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by BMT

BMT

Call me ignorant, but how many hoops does a guy have to go through to send a rifle to an FFL holder, based on numerous people donating to the cause? I would think that once the funds were collected, we would simply send off the proceeds, minus my investment in the rifle and we're good right?

Somebody ends up with a Model 70 for 10 bucks and goes through a licensed dealer of their choice, at which time they would go through the background check and have to pay that fee, but that's the end of the story correct?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Matt,

that's how it worked with one I did in Va.

Since I was in NC, they sent the gun across the border to my FFL (at my expense) and I paid the transfer fee on my end.

All in all, I got the gun for $30 so I still made out ahead.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I finally get off work, and you dudes have all calmed down, and gotten off -topic on this thread....so rare.... grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by AKBoater
Count me in for a couple, would it be possible to set up something like a paypal account?

No PAYPAL.........Anti-gun SOB's.

The theory is good, if we've got another avenue that would work the same way. I heard some mention of a gunpal or some such thing.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Going to call BATF tomorrow and see what the legalities are of this raffle. I'm getting word it might not be feasible, so we'll see.

If it's not, I'm still going to sell it as I would any other legally with another licensed FFL holder waiting on the other end.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Lee24
Many of these people are mentally retarded, handicapped, or otherwise chronically disabled. Lee24

Liar 24....A self portrait....jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

473 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 47 invisible), 1,752 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,982
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.