Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
My good old mom worked at the Navy Yard in South East Washington DC throughout world war two. She worked a second job in the evenings and walked home from work. Walked everywhere actually! She said that she was never afraid except one night there was a pack of stray dogs that got to snapping at her.

You young wipper-snappers just don't realize what the world was like before this generation. It was a LOT different.

Our major cities are now defacto war zones with all the murders and gang bangers. The "don't snitch" movement has turned entire sections of cities into places where the rule of law has been nullified. So said the DA on that documentary I saw on TV.

It doesn't have to be this way.

The DC cop who used to play poker with my dad openly admitted that he used to chase pimps down into back alleys and beat em black and blue. Run em off. They got the message and it didn't clog up the courts and jails. That would have been in the late 50's early 60's. He quit the force when they made em stop doing that.

The sad thing is... we take it for granted that lawlessness and murder and violence is just the way it is and you can't do nothing about it. With that mentality you have lost before you get started.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.
GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
White flight.

Otto is my co-pilot.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Miranda....

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No one wants to admit it or say it out load (hell, I'm uncomfortable with the idea and I KNOW it's true), but the beginning of the end of the society and life we once knew (and wish we could recover) was inevitable after the late 1950's and through the 1960's.

The reason our society has gone down-hill and the reason inner cities are all "war zones" is caused by the end of segregation and the civil rights movement. It is distasteful for me to say that as I DO believe in equal rights for all people and "freedom"......but facts are facts.

Any area that has a high percentage of "undesirables" who believe they have legal/political protection from any control.....will soon become a "war zone". That's why small town/rural areas in middle America are still great places to live......not enough "undesirables" to screw up the system.

Am I advocating a return to segregation and oppression of "undesirables"??.....no. If you allow the "government" to oppress ANY group, even if you agree with the results obtained......you are well on the way to the "government" oppressing ALL citizens and groups......even the ones YOU belong to.

There is no good solution to th problem, but that's why we are seeing the things we see tday. It never happened as long as there was segregation and un-equal rights for "undesirable" groups....FACT!

What you are seeing today in the inner cities is the future of ALL America if these "undesirables" continue to gain political power......so go to the polls and VOTE!! If you want to see the future, look at what's happened in Africa with the end of colonial control in the 50's and 60's......a cess pool that just keeps getting worse.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
B
B
You hit that on the head and through the board, add to that the laywers who will sue at the drop of a hat and you have the break down of our society in a nut shell.

Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. T Jefferson
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not quite right.....everyone wants to curse and blame the "lawyers" for the lawsuits and criminal decitions that we don't like. The lawyer is just doing his job......defending or representing his client in the best way possible and doing whatever it takes to WIN!! That's exactly what I'd want from my lawyaer if I was in court.

The problem that everyone keeps dodging is not with the lawyers or judges.....it's with the jury of our "peers" that makes the decitions of guilt or inocence and awards the "compensation" in civil trials.

Look in the mirror if you want to see the villan in courts.......it's US. Everyone is so concerned about being "politically correct" and so willing to make massive judgements against the "evil" big corperations to the "little" individual" that causes the problem.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
B
B
I am the furthest thing from PC walking this planet, I am not talking about real lawyers I am talking about the ambulance chasers who will track down their clients and say we got aus a million dollars here just sign here and give me my third and we are good to go. No worries if it is right or wrong and so good people have to watch everything they do for fear of being sued.

Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. T Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The reason our society has gone down-hill and the reason inner cities are all "war zones" is caused by the end of segregation and the civil rights movement. It is distasteful for me to say that as I DO believe in equal rights for all people and "freedom"......but facts are facts.

What? There was no crime before minorities??? No prostitute, thief and drug-ridden London slums for CENTURIES??, no Irish gangs doing the same in New York??

The problem is folks here have no experience with all-White societies, I do, I spent my childhood in working-class England before the WOG invasion.

Today I'd look at modern Russia.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She said that she was never afraid except one night there was a pack of stray dogs that got to snapping at her.

Same thing 'cept the dogs walk on two legs. Any time a group "packs up" mob mentality takes over and you have the bad side of anarchy.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think race, skin color or nationality has that much to do with it. It's the mentality they carry. It's the culture they project from that mentality.

Ya gotta quit babying people along. Quit pandering to them. Quit giving them preference. Quit making it advantageous to segregate themselves. Quit making their segregations appear attractive. Stop favoring them. Start making people stand on their own two feet and be productive and independent. Give them something to take pride in other than culture and attitude and behavior and decadence and everything else they segregate themselves with.

It's how people view themselves that's the problem. Teach them a better way. Stop giving to them and stop giving in to them. Stop paving a way for them and make them stand up.

You can't legislate equality. It has to be taught.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You will notice I did not mention race, skin color or nationality. That was on purpose as what I said works for any group that chooses to semi-isolate itself. Yes there are white & Asian gangs out there also. As you said, it is an attitude no matter the ethnic make up.

If we would quit the "your OK & there are no losers, you are entitled" PC bullscat in the schools, teach kids how to LEARN and fail them if they don't do the work things would be much better. Everybody can't make the team and play every game and still win.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look in the mirror if you want to see the villan in courts.......it's US.

In theory this is true but in actual practice it's not. Reason being that 'we', those of us who possess some common sense, rarely get on juries. It goes back to lawyers who load juries with those of an entitlement mentality because the attorneys know they can be easily swayed into making unreasonable conclusions and judgments.

In Lowndes County, Alabma (85% black) a black guy went to sleep while driving at 3 AM and ran off the road causing injuries that crippled him. They sued GM and the jury awarded him $300,000,000 in damages.

Another driver in Jackson county, Alabama hit a slick spot on a rainy day and wrecked. He filed a claim under his uninsured motorist coverage on his insurance policy (it was a one vehicle accident). State Farm denied it since no other car was involved. They sued and his attorney found some of his buds who claimed they also skidded in the same place that day and that oil dripping from other cars had caused the slick spot. Since there was no way to know if all the other cars were insured it was decided that they were not so State Farm had to pay the guy $50,000.

It's easy to cuss insurance companies and most people think that since insurance companies have lots of money and the poor driver was hurt let's just give him something. They don't stop to realize that insurance companies, like governments, don't actually spend their money; it's all the insured's money from the get-go.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But Mickey, you are trying to use common sense. Haven't you heard about this yet?

"Obituary for Common Sense"
Today we mourn the passing of an old friend by the name of Common Sense. Common Sense
lived a long life but died from heart failure at the brink of the millennium. No one really
knows how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.
Common Sense selflessly devoted his life to service in schools, hospitals, homes, factories and
offices, helping folks get jobs done without fanfare and foolishness.
For decades, petty rules, silly laws and frivolous lawsuits held no power over Common Sense. He
was credited with cultivating such valued lessons as to know when to come in out of the rain,
the early bird gets the worm, and life isn't always fair.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn),
reliable parenting strategies (adults are in charge, not kids), and it's okay to come in second.
A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, and the Technological Revolution,
Common Sense survived cultural and educational trends including feminism, body piercing, whole
language and "new math."
But his health declined when he became infected with the
�If-it-only-helps-one-person-it's-worth-it" virus. In recent decades his waning strength
proved no match for the ravages of overbearing federal regulation.
He watched in pain as good people became ruled by self-seeking lawyers and enlightened
auditors. His health rapidly deteriorated when schools endlessly implemented zero tolerance
policies, reports of six year old boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, a
teen suspended for taking a swig of mouth-wash after lunch, and a teacher fired for
reprimanding an unruly student. It declined even further when schools had to get parental
consent to administer aspirin to a student but cannot inform the parent when the female
student is pregnant or wants an abortion.
Finally, Common Sense lost his will to live as Lifetime Values became contraband, churches
became businesses, criminals received better treatment than victims, and federal judges stuck
their noses in everything from the Boy Scouts to professional sports.
As the end neared, Common Sense drifted in and out of logic but was kept informed of
developments, regarding questionable regulations for asbestos, low flow toilets, "smart" guns,
the nurturing of Prohibition Laws and mandatory air bags.
Finally when told that the homeowners association restricted exterior furniture only to that
which enhanced property values, he breathed his last.
Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his
daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers: Rights,
Tolerance and Whiner.
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
Remarkable Obituary

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Mr. Common Sense. Mr. Sense had been
with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were
long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such value lessons as knowing when to come in
out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair. Common
Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and
reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge).

His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but overbearing regulations
were set in place- Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing
a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouth-wash after lunch; and a teacher
fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Mr. Sense declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to
administer aspirin to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became
pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband;
churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup
of coffee was hot. She spilled a bit in her lap, and was awarded a huge financial
settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife Discretion;
his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by two stepbrothers; My
Rights and Ima Whiner. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

If you still remember him, pass this on; if not, join the majority and do nothing.

Old cat turd!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
a thriving society must have a sound family structure to grow and prosper. everything begins with the family. through welfare and numerous other social programs, we have reshaped our society into one which not only doesn't need a father, but is penalized (financially) when a father is in the household. regardless of what else we might do to float the ship, we will continue to founder until the family unit is complete and functioning as God designed. ymmv

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Good post TexasRick.......I agree with you.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by DixieFreedomz
My good old mom worked at the Navy Yard in South East Washington DC throughout world war two. She worked a second job in the evenings and walked home from work. Walked everywhere actually! She said that she was never afraid except one night there was a pack of stray dogs that got to snapping at her.

You young wipper-snappers just don't realize what the world was like before this generation. It was a LOT different.

Our major cities are now defacto war zones with all the murders and gang bangers. The "don't snitch" movement has turned entire sections of cities into places where the rule of law has been nullified. So said the DA on that documentary I saw on TV.

It doesn't have to be this way.
Tell that to the ACLU, the PC police and liberals everywhere..

The DC cop who used to play poker with my dad openly admitted that he used to chase pimps down into back alleys and beat em black and blue. Run em off. They got the message and it didn't clog up the courts and jails. That would have been in the late 50's early 60's. He quit the force when they made em stop doing that.
Yep.. The good ol' days (sigh)

The sad thing is... we take it for granted that lawlessness and murder and violence is just the way it is and you can't do nothing about it. With that mentality you have lost before you get started.
I think the cops would love to do something about it but there's too many laws and too many 'groups' protecting gang-bangers' 'rights'...

Where's Charles Bronson when you need him?? laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MColeman
Look in the mirror if you want to see the villan in courts.......it's US.

In theory this is true but in actual practice it's not. Reason being that 'we', those of us who possess some common sense, rarely get on juries. It goes back to lawyers who load juries with those of an entitlement mentality because the attorneys know they can be easily swayed into making unreasonable conclusions and judgments.

You're dead on Mickey. Everbody should have jury duty, and there should be no picking and choosing.

Of course, this subject was thoroughly discussed before, and the lawyers told us we was all stupid.........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have to disagree with your post. While I don't think that corporations are the root of all evil, we know what the Bible says is. And that is the corporations main and avowed goal. The information and technology available today to people is amazing. While the internet is a huge tool for freedom, it also allows any new trick some politician or businessman comes up with in order to steal from those not as intelligent or as crooked, to be instantly broadcast to all those with any of the same tendencies. There are several lawyers who I like on here. All lawyers are not bad. However allowing whoever is able to buy the best lawyer who then is the one who is not necessarily the best able to argue to law but rather who has the best connections, to be the final arbiter of who wins a legal case, is another outgrowth of all this.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good post hotsoup.......I agree with you.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DixieFreedomz

Try walking through the inner city with a .45 on your hip--the police will harrass/arrest you before they mess with the gangbangers..............

We have been indoctrinated into believing the government will take care of us--to the point we take pride in our government permission slip to carry a pistol in our pocket, or disarming us when we fly on public transportation.

Making yourself a target tends to bring out the bad guys........

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.