Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
On Rush: first time in 14 years - frozen over..

What happened? Algore shut his mouth for a couple days??

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My cousin mentioned that last week (I'm from Erie). Sure is getting tougher to go along with this warmist foolishness. The sad truth is, the lemmings WILL go over the cliff. They refuse to aknowledge any facts that get in the way of the preconcieved environmental guilt of the evil white American.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bender
The sad truth is, the lemmings WILL go over the cliff.

They may go over the cliff, but the lake at the bottom is frozen....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
+1 !!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
. The sad truth is, the lemmings WILL go over the cliff. They refuse to aknowledge any facts that get in the way of the preconcieved environmental guilt of the evil white American. [/quote]

I really could care less that they go over the cliff. The problem is that they want to take us with them.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I grew up in Westfield NY <about 30 miles from Erie PA> I remember it freezing over back in the 70's... only about a 30 mile walk to Canada from my old home town now...

Really glad none of my high school buddies (or especially myself) ever got drunk enough to try that challenge.

The ice pressure ridges that build up on that lake are amazing... looks like the Arctic.

Please don't feed the trolls!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We used to make beer runs to Westfield in H.S.! Those ice dunes are often hollow, too. Every year a few people get the Lake Erie Darwin award.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well look AL Gore has got this little side business in carbon credits. You can only trade thru him. Now his business plan is pretty good, where its problematic for me is that you give him money for the Credits, the credits are nothing to begin with they are what Al Gore says they are and what ever the value of them is what he says it is and you are stupid enough to buy said credits. Its a Ponzi scheme on a massive scale, only Social Security would be bigger, maybe not if ever fool on the planet buys it to it. This whole thing is about Al Gore becoming a Billion Aire several times over for selling nothing. It would be like if everybody in America, sent me 0ne Dollar for the super secret to happyness once a week. 305 million people do that I have 305 million dollars, they do that once a week for say 8 years, we would not have to worry about trophy fees ever again. This is what Al Gore is really up to, get the whole world to send him a buck or two a week for as long as he can get them to do it. Hell in four years AL Gore could upgrade his G-II for a G-V.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Carbon credits is nothing more than a scheme for millionairess to try and become billionaires.

Last edited by ruffcutt; 02/16/10.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
On Rush: first time in 14 years - frozen over..

What happened? Algore shut his mouth for a couple days??

I think it is all the ex-wives up there that froze Lake erie over. shocked

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
But, but, the polar bears are drowning!

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys are confusing weather with climate...but your minds are made up.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You're confusing false data with actual data. Professor Jones of East Anglia now tells us there has been NO global warming for the past 15 years. This is in stark contrast to his statements before e-mails were discovered that documented data manipulation and flawed computer models. Do you believe his statements before it was discovered he was lying, or after? There's a tough one Yogi.....

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Lets see now....iirc last time Lake Erie was froze over was 1977.............

I remember that year...anybody else?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by mudhen
You guys are confusing weather with climate...but your minds are made up.

"The sun so hot, we froze to death, Suzanna don't you cry."

Jim
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just going into Navy boot camp. My first son was less than a year old, and the wife was snowed on pretty good in Boston, that year.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I remember my dad and us going in to his work in Buffalo NY to pick up his paycheck.....we got stranded at his wrokplace for a few days.

As a little 8 yr old kid, it was fun.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I grew up in Westfield NY <about 30 miles from Erie PA> I remember it freezing over back in the 70's... only about a 30 mile walk to Canada from my old home town now...

Really glad none of my high school buddies (or especially myself) ever got drunk enough to try that challenge.

The ice pressure ridges that build up on that lake are amazing... looks like the Arctic.

There was a time that groups would get together and ice skate all the way over to Canada......

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tom264

Oh yeah! We built my dad's house in the winter of 76-77. Shoveled a foot of snow off the deck most mornings. Cold as all heck, wind was fierce. Drove my car into a snow covered ditch on a back road with my girl friend Beverly (OK, I was preoccupied) Nasty winter

Trapping sucked that year, couldn't get to creeks because they were frozen over too thick. I never saw a quail in my area again after that year.

Winter 77-78 was almost as bad, not as bad as I remember, but then we were'nt building a house in it. Thye say 78-79 was bad after january, I don't know, I was on a beach in GUAM.

Last edited by crosshair; 02/16/10.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by crosshair
Originally Posted by Tom264

Oh yeah! We built my dad's house in the winter of 76-77. Shoveled a foot of snow off the deck most mornings. Cold as all heck, wind was fierce. Drove my car into a snow covered ditch on a back road with my girl friend Beverly (OK, I was preoccupied) Nasty winter

If you remember 1977, and know anything at all about western NY....then you remember the Blizzard of '77.

THAT, was a storm......

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

173 members (1_deuce, 29aholic, 1minute, 5sdad, 264mag, 45_100, 26 invisible), 2,173 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,071
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.