Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Yep, my first real trip for Pike only resulted in me coming home with eight out of ten fingers bandaged... shocked

I have since learned the merits of Baker Hook-Outs and a host of other contraptions....

Also, I only broke one rod on the last trip! laugh

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yar Tom, it beats me where it was made. I think mine is a 1989 and it has the console like Rattler's. I think it is 19'. It has been used...

More than that I can't tell you. It handles rough water better than I want to be out there, and the 90hp on the back works for pulling the kids on the wakeboard. That's nuts...but they will come to camp for it...:)

Got a board lashed across the back holding downriggers for trouts...

Defend the Constitution
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
The kid in action! LOL

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
smile

Lovin' it.

Camp is where you make it.
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Fishing for toothy critters - Keep a bottle of peroxide on the boat and wash hands with it a couple of times a day. I keep it handy for the salmon and walleye charters and while I'm always skinned up...I'm usually not swollen too bad.

Man these are some great Pike Photos!!!

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah no kidding, this shaped up to be quite the pike showcase, really awesome fish here!! I love it!

Something clever here.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I raised a pikin' machine! LOL

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
There are much worse things a kid could do....I'd say you raised him right!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
[Linked Image] Here's one I hooked 3 seperate times on a jig pole before i finnely lannded it

I don't feed em I eat em
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pike attack...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTVX7uGMXGA

We fish Alexander Lake quite a bit with OlBlue... Some years ago ADF&G caught, weighed, tagged, and released a pike almost 10# heavier than the 50+ year old World record (49#).
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tomk
Yar Tom, it beats me where it was made. I think mine is a 1989 and it has the console like Rattler's. I think it is 19'. It has been used...

More than that I can't tell you. It handles rough water better than I want to be out there, and the 90hp on the back works for pulling the kids on the wakeboard. That's nuts...but they will come to camp for it...:)

Got a board lashed across the back holding downriggers for trouts...

Dam, just found this thread. Great pictures everyone.

TomK..the original Yar Crafts were made in the UP of MI. The company changed hands several times and they're now made here in WI. I've been real impressed with the ones that I've seen.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The new Yar-craft's are damn fine boats. I have no experience with the older ones, but from what I understand, they are too.

The 186 TFX is on the wish list for next time.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Stumbled into a nice one Friday afternoon.
43" 20lb -12oz.
[Linked Image]

The ice is good too! lol
[Linked Image]

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Sweet!...Ft. Peck??

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
When I was in high school, we were fishing a backwater by the Little Sioux dam at Linn Grove. A friend hooked a northern and it was tangled in the willows at the edge of the water. As I said, we were in high school, so our brains were not yet fully developed. I swooped in and stuck my thumb in its mouth to yank it out of the willows. I did get it to shore. Thumb looked like I had pushed it down on one of those pin things that they use to make cut flower arrangements stand up.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Some fantastic fish there, guys! Best that I've managed is a 42". I will eat them right along with walleye any day. Wife even has no preference once the y-bones are taken out. Esox (northerns and muskies) have provided my son, my best friend, and me some wonderful memories. A day spent on Shoepac a few years ago was one of those days that only comes along once.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dang fine northern. Good work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

After seeing all the pics of the water wuffs I thought I'd add my prize to the party. I'm pretty much totally a fly fisherman and love to fly fish for pike/muskie and or anything that moves.

This is a 46" muskie I caught in Minnesota fall of 07 with my 9' 9 weight Sage a rod that Ingwe knows all too well....grin

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

This is a 46" muskie I caught in Minnesota fall of 07 with my 9' 9 weight Sage a rod that Ingwe knows all too well....grin

Dober

Yep. But I never caught a Muskie on it... frown just pike....

But it reminds me Mark, got a buttload of pike flies tied up...might hafta slip you a few.... wink

Ingwe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be more than glad to take some of those off you hands there Ingwe. For me fly fishing for pike/muskie is the living end!

Can't stomach going back to spinning and or heavy tackle to fish for them anymore, just too much like cheating to do it that way...grin

Not this summer (markets too tight) but perhaps next you and I and Juan should take a road trip north with 9 weights in hand?

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,316
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.