Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 42 of 75 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 74 75
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JacquesLaRami
Derby, the roads shouldn't be that bad if you take it easy, unless it snowed or rained recently, then they could still be wet or rutted -- who knows about that until the last few days?

But you can bring the Honda anyway, and I, or somebody else, probably would be glad to haul you the last little ways from Saratoga or Rawlins, I'm sure. I come from the East, so I'm game on the Saratoga side.

If you want to go that way, we could just set up a time to meet in Saratoga, ( I don't know about cell service at Jack Creek. Is there any gotlost?) I'm sure we could find a safe place to park the Honda if it is bad up the hill.

I'd be happy to give you guys a lift, if you don't mind old pickups (there is a shell for your gear too), and the roads are bad. Or I'll follow you up, and if you chicken out and want to go back, I'll go back with you to park the car.

Thanks always good to know.

The Lady and I will be staying at the Hacienda Motel in Saratoga. We figure to drive back and forth. We don't camp and at our age and with our health issues staying at a motel is the way to go.

I had decided to bring the Honda Accord any way.I figure if the road is to bad well it's back to the motel. If I don't make it to the camp ground I'll probably be back at the motel.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If your at the motel, and there is bad weather, or bad roads, I will make sure you can make it to the campground and back to the motel -- I'd hate to see you come all that ways to just get close to the shindig smile

BTW, there have been a lot of monster trout come out of the upper North Platte there at Saratoga and nearby too. I've got a buddy, well the son of a buddy, who is a fishing guide right around there and can set you up for a float trip if you're interested in trying that for a day too.

It may be possible as a last minute thing, but is more for sure the earlier you book.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If your at the motel, and there is bad weather, or bad roads, I will make sure you can make it to the campground and back to the motel -- I'd hate to see you come all that ways to just get close to the shindig smile

BTW, there have been a lot of monster trout come out of the upper North Platte there at Saratoga and nearby too. I've got a buddy who is a fishing guide right around there and can set you up for a float trip if you're interested in trying that for a day too.

It may be possible as a last minute thing, but is more for sure the earlier you book.

Thanks.

But one thing I don't do is fish. Well I might if I didn't put a hook on the line. smile

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dang you could of hung out with Paul Newman -- not the salad dressing guy, but this one . . .

link

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang you could of hung out with Paul Newman -- not the salad dressing guy, but this one . . .

link

They'd probably would throw me over the side. smile

IC B2

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
IF roads are bad we will get you up and back as most of us have pickups

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah ill have our truck aswell.....someone can play taxi if the road are crap....

BTW EH my brother is coming unless his job wont allow it but its unlikely to be a problem.....he has a cot we will drag along and he will just need a bit of floor space, bastard is used to crashing in cars and everything else and aint picky bout accommodations....he is looking for a break from northeast Montana next fall and i told him he might run into someone that would be interested in hiring him on or pointing him in the solid direction at the get together.....easy going kid that gets along with everyone and tends to be far more entertaining than me anyway....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, that's a non-issue. Drive what you want to drive, DD, and you won't miss out on anything.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keith,I still have that Tent for this, even if I can't be there due to being out of town on the Job, I'll bring it up to ya. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks guys.

The Lady and I appreciate it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been thinking about coming up and shooting as many folks as I can.

I haven't made up my mind yet, but Buddy Moore is all for it.

JM

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You are too funny! Bring Buddy Moore up and we will turn him on ya! grin I'm bringing my mean ass oldest son....I ain't worried about anything...except my food and beer supply! eek

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hate to rain on your parade, but people season doesn't open until July, and it's limited to the state parks at which all the people from Colorado take their recreation.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Namely Glendo...... laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, and he'd better be prepared to take on the Colorado Navy!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Of cource we did pick one of the best weeks of walleye fishing to have this thing.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gotlost
Of cource we did pick one of the best weeks of walleye fishing to have this thing.

Wow! I may have to back out and go to GLENDO instead. grin
NOT! Haven't been to Glendo since I sold my BIG boat.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Did the Colorado Navy officers hat go with the boat?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Did the Colorado Navy officers hat go with the boat?

No way! I like the gold braid way too much to part with it.
I also kept the log book, my flag, and all my charts. grin
Anyway, if it wasn't for Colorado license plates Wyoming would never turn green in the spring.

Last edited by Tracks; 03/08/10.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We salute you, Admiral Tracks. Well done.

Page 42 of 75 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,454 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.