Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
the one time i collected unemployment when i was 20, 26yrs ago. i had to show that i had gone out and looked for a job or the benefits would be discontinued. i take it this is no longer the case

The people that don't really want a job take the sheets to places they know won't hire them and ask for a job and in the same breath ask the places to sign their sheet. They've done it to me several times over the years.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by thechamp

The "B" Pelosi and the "A-Hole" Reid ran the government. Bush was a lame duck and couldn't get ANYTHING THROUGH THAT BUNCH. As for the bailouts, he consulted the future "Idiot in Chief" and they concurred it had to be done. I don't know what was really necessary and neither does anyone else here. If they do please step up and put it in writing. That was a small chunk of what's happened since and what's going to happen if they get your health care.

So let me get this straight, - Bush consulted Obama on the bank and car maker bailouts a month before the presidential election because...???

Both Obama and Bush thought it was a good idea at the time. Obama was a very vocal supporter of it. I don't recall what McCain's position was. If you recall Obama was a part time member of the Senate when he wasn't out campaigning.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JasonB
Originally Posted by saddlesore
AH!.It was a democrat controlled congress when Bush was in office.He had very little if any to do with it.Congress sets the budget,not the president.

Last 2 years of it, prior to that it was all (R) and sinking.

Folks like you deserve the current administration! Period. I'm not saying the Republicans were without fault but obviously some are confused by things that happened during those two years. The "B" Pelosi and the "A-Hole" Reid ran the government. Bush was a lame duck and couldn't get ANYTHING THROUGH THAT BUNCH. As for the bailouts, he consulted the future "Idiot in Chief" and they concurred it had to be done. I don't know what was really necessary and neither does anyone else here. If they do please step up and put it in writing. That was a small chunk of what's happened since and what's going to happen if they get your health care.

Until the pain gets severe enough people persist in believing what they want. Please go for it! grin

BTW I NEVER drew a penny of unemployment in my life. For the times I was without work I got off my a$$ and found work. And as others have pointed out we all paid into the system for those not so fortunate. I don't begrudge anyone drawing it if they need it. That's what it's for. I do begrudge those who have no desire to better themselves (talking about young people here) and would rather live off the government or their families. Have a step daughter who seems to think her mom should support her till 60 or so. Can you say deadbeat? She'll be 24 shortly and has ZERO marketable job skills, unless you consider working at Jason's Deli a job skill. LAZZY A$$. And she would have voted for the current party in power because she's a liberal... smokes pot, parties, etc., imagine that!

Thanks Stan, you're right they've already forgotten what happened to our economy. SW Airlines stock fell to the low teens. NEVER recovered. And the market itself never got it's legs again. Then the idiot got elected.... Yeah short memories are really a great asset for those who refuse to put things in perspective. IT'S BUSH'S FAULT! Yep that's all they remember. They can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. And we aren't far from there last time I looked. Muslim president and all.

Then why do you defend them? You are aware that McCain voted for the bailouts as well? Also, care to explain the 2003 drug bill (during the glory years when "The "B" Pelosi and the "A-Hole" Reid" didn't run government) and exactly how it differed from actions taken during the dark times that lay ahead?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Stan V
LMAO!! Please don't respond for a moment so I may catch my breath....LMAO!

DITTO THAT ONE! A gore supporter? Jesus I thought they were all at Daily Kos smoking their hash pipes to celebrate the election of the smartest man on earth, even smarter than Jimmy Carter!

HOLY [bleep]! We're doomed as a country and rightfully so. Stupid people need to say YES SIR to somebody else. Can we say China? I get a kick out of people saying the Chinese are dangerous. Who in their right mind would want this bunch of dumbshits that elected a college kid with Marxist ideology to be president?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Easy, if you'd have democrat rule during those times you'd have gotten screwed a hell of a lot more then you did. Bush had to make deals with the devil to get some of his stuff through. Obviously again you know nothing about how the system works.

Were it not for the Republicans and the few conservative demos are are in fear of their political lives the health care fiasco would already be law. Let's cut the crap, I assume you're supporting the health care bill? Put it on the table so people here can see you for the liberal demo that you are. What are you doing on a gun site in the first place?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The "B" Pelosi and the "A-Hole" Reid ran the government. Bush was a lame duck and couldn't get ANYTHING THROUGH THAT BUNCH. As for the bailouts, he consulted the future "Idiot in Chief" and they concurred it had to be done. I don't know what was really necessary and neither does anyone else here. If they do please step up and put it in writing. That was a small chunk of what's happened since and what's going to happen if they get your health care.

So let me get this straight, - Bush consulted Obama on the bank and car maker bailouts a month before the presidential election because...???

Both Obama and Bush thought it was a good idea at the time. Obama was a very vocal supporter of it. I don't recall what McCain's position was. If you recall Obama was a part time member of the Senate when he wasn't out campaigning.....

McCain voted for it also, which produced one of the more amusing things I have ever seen when a McCainiac was encouraging a vote for McCain due to Obama voting for the bail out. In a related story, McCain voted for Holder as well.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
And obviously mr. clueless you can't read. I SAID I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT MCCAIN'S POSITION WAS AT THE TIME! That son of a bitch wasn't my choice as a republican when he spent most of his political life stabbing republicans in the back. And then claiming he was a "Maverick". Maverick my ass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Easy, if you'd have democrat rule during those times you'd have gotten screwed a hell of a lot more then you did. Bush had to make deals with the devil to get some of his stuff through. Obviously again you know nothing about how the system works.

Were it not for the Republicans and the few conservative demos are are in fear of their political lives the health care fiasco would already be law. Let's cut the crap, I assume you're supporting the health care bill? Put it on the table so people here can see you for the liberal demo that you are. What are you doing on a gun site in the first place?

Explain the 2003 drug bill. All was bright and sunny in the land so how did it happen?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And obviously mr. clueless you can't read. I SAID I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT MCCAIN'S POSITION WAS AT THE TIME! That son of a bitch wasn't my choice as a republican when he spent most of his political life stabbing republicans in the back. And then claiming he was a "Maverick". Maverick my ass.

So who did you vote for in the 2008 election? I knew what his position was, why didn't you?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
BTW Jason, I see no reason in discussing anything with you. You haven't a clue. You're on ignore. Out of 10 years being here you succeeded in being the only poster to rate that. Good bye and I hope you get your wish that this country goes to hell by the hand of the democrats! You really do deserve what you get.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BTW Jason, I see no reason in discussing anything with you. You haven't a clue. You're on ignore. Out of 10 years being here you succeeded in being the only poster to rate that. Good bye and I hope you get your wish that this country goes to hell by the hand of the democrats! You really do deserve what you get.

So you voted for McCain even though you didn't know what his positions were. Nice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Can anyone explain this one to me?

thechamp
Campfire Regular

Loc: San Antonio, Tx

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
you don't have to be a member to be here! Duh...

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
[/b]
Originally Posted by Penguin
I hear a lot of folks running down today's youth.... some things never change. :p

If I were a 19 year old right about now I'd have a full time gig starting a revolution. They have every right to be very pissed off at the situation we have bequeathed them.

Whether we approved or not as individuals the last couple generations have sent their jobs overseas, saddled them with unpayable government debt, [b]used Ponzi finance to price an entire generation of young families out of homes (or, if they take the bait, turned them into debt zombies for life), [b][/b]unleashed an unregulated sociopathic Wall Street banking cartel on them.

... and then we criticize them for being just a little pissed off when we cast them in job market with 5 takers per job.

I'm solidly Generation X. So I only get an earfull occasionally. But I'd caution any of the boomers and up to maybe be a little more understanding when we discuss the work ethic of these kids. I'm not sure you want to get into a generational shouting match with them.

Will

Didn't think I would ever be able to say it with any honesty, but Will is right on this time. The young people aren't the ones who screwed this country up. Kids will be what there taught and allowed to be. No more no less. It's not their fault
their spoiled and not taught to work, or respect authority.
I think the Liberal baby boomer's are to blame for starting the downhill slide.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Sorry about the bold. I tried to bold the real estate part.

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Were it not for the Republicans.....

Do you really believe that Republicans are really any different then Dems??

You might want to check who it was who oversaw the greatest expansion in the size of the federal govt since Roosevelt.

Or who was president when our debt doubled in 8 short years because they never vetoed a spending bill.

Or maybe you'd like to check who it was who was pushing for amnesty for illegals.

I mean a person has to be seriously blinded by partisanship to think that both sides aren't out to screw us. Just check the records, they both push the same govt largess. The only minor difference is the moral issues they use as a smokescreen to keep the people ignorant of their true intent, - to screw the people..

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I mean a person has to be seriously blinded by partisanship to think that both sides aren't out to screw us. Just check the records, they both push the same govt largess. The only minor difference is the moral issues they use as a smokescreen to keep the people ignorant of their true intent, - to screw the people..

Put the many here that fall into that category on ignore and ya'd see a blank screen.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

DITTO THAT ONE! A gore supporter? Jesus I thought they were all at Daily Kos smoking their hash pipes to celebrate the election of the smartest man on earth, even smarter than Jimmy Carter!

HOLY [bleep]! We're doomed as a country and rightfully so. Stupid people need to say YES SIR to somebody else. Can we say China? I get a kick out of people saying the Chinese are dangerous. Who in their right mind would want this bunch of dumbshits that elected a college kid with Marxist ideology to be president?

I hope you know that you're agreeing with and high-fiving a sock puppet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
you don't have to be a member to be here! Duh...

You shouldn't have been able to answer now should you??

BTW Jason, ... You haven't a clue. You're on ignore. ...

Seems I have lots of clues doesn't it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

I hope you know that you're agreeing with and high-fiving a sock puppet.

Got to hand it to the kid, he's not dumb enough to follow your clan.....

All American

All the time
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (anothergun, 338Rules, 6mmbrfan, 10 invisible), 920 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.