-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 1st hog I shot with a bow we had to go in and find.

He scooted into a willow thicket. I followed him that evening and could hear him in front of me, but it was so thick I couldn't catch up to him before dark.

I got back to the camp and told my buddy that we needed to go out in the a.m and find him and explained that I had followed him about 75 yds into the willows before it got dark and had marked the spot where I stopped.

He called me a fool for doing that, but I told him I spined him with the arrow and all he could do was drag himself with his front legs (I was amazed at how quick he could move like that).

My buddy said, "What about the other 8 that were with him? I told him I didn't think about that blush.

We found him the next morning, with 3 other hogs around him, still alive and leaning up against a cypress-sitting like a dog sits. I had to put 2 more arrows in him and he finally expired. He was a dandy.

JM

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ruger270man
Hey RugerM77270, I wouldn't trust a hog. Rather be safe then sorry. Did you have those bullets I sent you loaded up? They would have calmed him down!

No I didn't have those loaded, I am still working on developement for my rifle, its been slow going with as busy as I have been. Thanks again.

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you give a wild hog a reason to be mad at you, and you cut off his escape, you best have your hat screwed on tight.

The one unpredictable bad one could sure slice a man - kind of like that one rank cow or bull - might sift through hundreds that respect men, but the one that doesn't...

I've run a few at night, and they're pretty salty when cornered; however, they are pretty disabled if a man can get both their back feet up in the air.

Note to pards at the 'Fire...Do NOT try this with a Javelina!

DJ

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
One of the funnier videos I've seen over the years..

Ol' Cletus goes in a pen after a wild pig:

http://www.huntingfootage.com/videos?ri=2428

Totally worthless video. It doesn't show anything. Very poor photography.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
As kids the old timers would tell us to get out of the area when we came across pig wallers while playing in the swamp areas in S. Arkansas.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only time I ever had a problem with hogs, was when we would catch pigs... You had better know where the sow was at all times.

And yes, I have climbed a tree several times to get away from a sow. Stayed up in one for about 3 hours one time!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hell I know I'm crazy I still go after them with knife,but when the catch dog misses and they look at you, my brain does one of those STUPID YOU DID IT NOW, but I do find them a bit more angry then plain ole farm rasied. we used to use a break stick and just tap them to make them move,but as others have sid if you get hit, you screw up, they warn ya just like most animals

oldmann you speak the truth I played an evil trick on a new partner that was from the city,told him to pick up a shoat one time, think he made 4 laps around the yard before he finaly heard us yelling to put it down,MOMMA WAS PISSED!!!

Last edited by DaveJames; 03/09/10.

"Just another day in Oz!"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1badf350, 007FJ, 204guy, 2500HD, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,088 guests, and 697 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,484
Posts18,508,827
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.