-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have to say that the safety issue is not a concern to me. I have several types on my rifles - push tang safeties, swing safeties both on the bolt and under it ala old Mossberg rimfires, push buttons on trigger guards, safeties beside the bolt, etc. It isn't hard to figure out which one I am working with at the moment. If I'm not thinking about what I am doing, then I am being unsafe - not matter how the safety works. To say that someone who disagrees with you is inexperienced or "forgotten" is inappropriate, IMHO. They simply have a different opinion. Buy or don't buy a CZ - that is your choice. Isn't great we have a choice?

No one of us walks out in front of the others if there is a round in the chamber - safety or no safety! No one is pointing the gun at anything but "down range" with a round in it on our prairie dog shoots.

It is easy enough to open the bolt. If I am going to wait out the dog and hope he pops back up, I am not going to put the safety on....I'm still looking through the scope!

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
GB1

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I wish we had gopher towns, sounds like great fun!!...........547.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only complaint I have with 3 I now own,is not having a forth...
I have had no issues,it is, what it is...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
VarmintGuy!

Senor Rancho spotted the very first varmints of the year on the way to the range this morning! Snow varmints in the field!

bbgun1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I replaced the plastic parts on my 452 FS- The mag well and the fore end cap. Got the mag well from brnoman The cap is the same as the 527 FS which is metal Call CZ-USA parts dept- Kinda pricey $35. but it sure looks good. Now i want a 453 American before they dry up.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Stupid Question:What's the difference in a 452 and a 453?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The 452 does not have a set trigger, basically. And the price reflects it.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have no complaints whatsoever concerning my pillar-bedded CZ453 "Varmint" model with a heavy barrel. It shoots good ammo into tiny, tight little 5-shot groups @ 50 yards off the bench-rest... and since I only shoot it from a bench-rest, I never use the safety, and so it's NOT an "issue" with me if the safety is set up backwards.

If the CZ has a tight bore, it doesn't matter to me. I've never "cleaned" .22 rimfires... their bullets are outside lubricated and every time you fire a round, the bullet supposedly "cleans" the bore and lubricates it.

Again, that's another "non-issue" for me. smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I only have three complaints about my CZ 452..

1. I can't get enough 22 LR ammo to shoot out of it since Obummer got elected..
2. I don't get enough opportunity to get out and shoot it as much as I would like.
3. Somehow it would be peachy keen if it took a Ruger 25 round after market magazine, which would be handy when out shooting sage rats with it..

and a potential 4th dislike, is that I wish I had bought one of the 16 inch barreled ones also, when they were cheap, and these were selling for $149.00!

I paid $199.00 for my CZ 452...brand new..and it has about 30,000 rounds down the barrel so far..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Yep, Seafire. Them is some pretty serious issues ya got there. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B3

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The only complaint I have with the 452's is that stupid little ball bearing that is used to hold the sear spring in place. Whoever dreamed that up was smokin' something real BAD.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

bbgun1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I was tearing down my new 453 to clean all that grease they put in it and noticed that there is a difference in the 452-453 bolts. The 452 bolt body is round with a slot milled in the bottom.- The 453 has the right side milled flat-this is for the trigger function I assume/guess - but there is enough difference to make them not interchangeable. heres a picture [Linked Image]

Last edited by bbgun1; 03/01/10.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by 547
I've had ejection issues with a couple 452's, they would extract the spent case OK but would just flip it straight up into the bottom of the scope then about half the time settle down in the ejection port and I would have to flip it out by hand, for this reason I haven't bought another 452, also I never was really in awe of the accuracy I got out of the three or four I tried. If your talkin a "for the money" rifle I guess they would be hard to beat, I do know several other brands that are better shooters but as with most stuff you get what you pay for, and rimfires are no exception.....................547.

I have a 452FS that (used to) hit the scope with the emptys. It happened a lot and was getting to be a pain. I was considering removing the scope and just using the iron sights but I tried something different first. I rotated the scope 90 degrees so that the turret on the right side was now on top. I thought maybe the cases were hitting the turret rather than the body of the scope and it seems I was mostly right. It has helped a lot. Now only occasional cases bounce back down into the breech area. Of course I had to re-zero the scope and try to remember which way to turn the adjustments!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My only complaint is that even old parlor guns usually have a front bead on them. With the 452 American - nothing!

[Linked Image]

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Magazines that project below the lines of ones stock look like hell and don't fit the hand well for carry. Clean that up, and I might try one.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/08/10.

1Minute
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Cheesehunter
My only complaint is that even old parlor guns usually have a front bead on them. With the 452 American - nothing!

[Linked Image]

I sure would like to see the set of iron sights that would be HIGH ENOUGH to be comfortably used with that CZ American stock..

The American was designed for SCOPE USE.. Get over it.

If you wanted an iron sighted rifle, you should have bought a Lux or a Trainer model.

CZ makes about SEVEN different verions of the 452 rifles and folks STILL find something to whine about.. Simply amazing.

And BTW, here is the most COMMON complaint about CZ m452 rifles- They tend to make Anschutz Sporter owners REAL SICK when they see how well the CZs shoot for less than half the $$$.

Last edited by jim62; 03/09/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked at a (I think it was called) "special deluxe" yesterday. The barrel was so long even my bad eye's could make out targets through the iron sights.

When the current batch of new 452's are gone it'll be a sad day.

Stuff I don't like about the cz 452? The trigger guard looks terrible (but it works great), The plastic magazine belongs on a rifle that cost half as much (but it works great too) and I would prefer the safety swing in the other direction, but have no trouble with the way it is now.

Nothing on my list is a deal breaker though.

Terry

bbgun1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I agree on all points TC1- and its no deal breaker for me either- I got Six now- I don't like the plastic mag well either- I put metal ones in all mine. I like the old mags with the stamped floor plates too. I can live with it like it is but if I can upgrade it I will. I have tried to find out who made the reversed safety that Brownell's used to sell but no luck.

Last edited by bbgun1; 03/10/10.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I sighted in my CZ453 American on Tuesday, but could only take it to 25 yards.

I have no complaints! laugh

Here is the target I shot. The first 5 were to get it to centre from a fresh mounted scope (not bore sighted) and the last five went through that neat little hole in the black.

Ya couldn't wipe the smile off my face with a wire brush. Scope is just a Bushnell Trophy 4-12x40AO. Group measured .042" centre to centre. Sure it's only 25 yards, but it is what it is.

[Linked Image]

Think I'll keep it. wink

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And the group was witnessed, In case anyone was wondering.
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 160user, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 40 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,600
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.