Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Allan Colmes is a good man and he does make me think. When I want to know what the Intelligent Lefties are up to, I listen to Colmes.
Someone once kidded him about taken public transportation to work and carrying his lunch bag.
Hannity was better when he could bounce off Colmes.

Your last statement makes my point...

Allan Colmes may be a democrat.. but the point is, he is not one of those that think he is some sort of Elitist!

and that is very rare on the liberal left and even rare on the radical right...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alan Colmes

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The problem with Colmes last night was he was saying the Tea Party protestors were spewing racial epitaphs and spitting on the black congressional caucus. He was also saying resistance to the health care bill is racial. Neither is proven and certainly the latter is not true. That may be what the intelligent lefties (oxymoron) are up to since they don't have much else.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He looks like the cryptkeeper to me.

[Linked Image]

Otto is my co-pilot.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
The problem with Colmes last night was he was saying the Tea Party protestors were spewing racial epitaphs and spitting on the black congressional caucus. He was also saying resistance to the health care bill is racial. Neither is proven and certainly the latter is not true. That may be what the intelligent lefties (oxymoron) are up to since they don't have much else.

Well Rick,

I pointed out I don't have to agree with what Allan Colmes states.. but when he does so, he doesn't do it with the condescending attitude most other leftists do..

are we going to wall ourselves in and not allow those with opinions different from our own voice them? that is the M.O. of the liberal left. we on the right don't need to be copying it..

we on the conservative right need to honor the 1st Amendment, instead of Abusing it, like the liberal left does...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I will give you that much, and Hannity hardly ever let him get a word in edgewise but the [bleep] that comes out of Colmes mouth sometimes is almost unbearable. He can spew out all the garbage he wants too but when he's calling those on the right racist well, nobody is going to take that lying down.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by NathanL
He looks like the cryptkeeper to me.

[Linked Image]

Sorry guys, doesn't matter how he looks to you or me.

Some of our conservative heroes on the right are no Hollywood Movie Stars when it comes to looks either.

but since when does looks add or negates the message a person desires to get across..

Colmes puts a lot more restraint and is not personally condemning the intelligence of those that don't agree with him.. and we need more of both on the both sides of the political spectrum.

He may be a liberal, but at least he is gentleman. and we are sorely lacking in that dept in the news media anymore.

Walter Cronkite was a flaming liberal also.. but he was a gentleman, and the country believed in him.. to the tune that many on the Republican side asked him to run for President right around the time of Nixon.. Nixon even asked him to be a VP Candidate with him..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never listened to him utter a word and can only go on what he looks like. I base all my political and personall beliefs on what I've experienced in life, not what some talking head on TV on either side has said.

If he wants to get up on TV and talk about whatever be my guest.

I'll also add just because you are a gentlemen doesn't fly. I've met a lot of people who had manners that would rob you blind while saying "Yes sir", many of whom were politicians.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a puppet for Beck,Rush,Hannity...they form all of my opinions in life. laugh

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by NathanL
I've never listened to him utter a word and can only go on what he looks like. I base all my political and personall beliefs on what I've experienced in life, not what some talking head on TV on either side has said.

If he wants to get up on TV and talk about whatever be my guest.

I'll also add just because you are a gentlemen doesn't fly. I've met a lot of people who had manners that would rob you blind while saying "Yes sir", many of whom were politicians.

nathan,
In your last sentence you make a very viable point which I totally agree with..but in my many years of listening to Allan Colmes, I find he is the exception to the rule.

He has not run for political office..

He isn't a hero of mine, but he has qualities that I wish a lot of other of the talking heads on the Media would have.

and yeah, using life experiences is the best thing to rely upon.. however, we all can't have the same life experiences.. so for myself at least, I open my mind to what others may have to say...

once in a blue moon, those on the "other side" actually make sense.. I don't advocate following any talking head or politicians strictly based on ideology..

I supported GW Bush, but he sure did a lot of things that I wasn't too pleased about. But he didn't spend his time telling bold face lies, like the ones that come out of the current administration.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by okok
I'm a puppet for Beck,Rush,Hannity...they form all of my opinions in life. laugh

Now Beck is another guy I currently like quite a bit.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by levrluvr
I feel badly for Monica Crowley, another one of Fox's hottie attorneys and a syndicated right-wing radio show host. Her sister is married to Colmes. The holidays and family gatherings must be sheer hell.

You got that right! I also feel bad for Crowley for having such a stupid sister too. Plus once when I heard Crowley talk about her sis and mum, Monica also said her mum is a libb! Twas me, I would NOT be close to "mummie" nor sis and Colmes would NOT be welcome in my home (like NEVER step foot in it). wink

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
yeppers, that he is. Hannity is pretty stupid too for having Colmes on the show.

Yepper indeed! Hannity (like O'Reilly) is another of those news [bleep] who "think" the world begins and ends in NYC! {And sadly FNC is about the "best" in the American media available right now).

Also don't know much about Rupert Murdoch, except that he owns FNC and must be a somewhat (more than "somewhat?") good-businessman.

Heck, look at all the cute AND SMART blondes he's hired! I think we're very lucky in this country that Murdoch espouses and "directs" that Fox be 'fair and balanced' unlike CNN and the other cable networks. )

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The one bugging me the most on Fox right now is that puke Juan Williams. Along with Barry, he's wearing out my mute buttons.
Call me a racist. I dare 'ya. grin

LevrLuver, if you're a "racist," then you're certainly within your rights to be! Mind if I stand with ya'?

I really doubt we'd be the only two fellas there. Methinks there'd be lots and lots of company!

I don't get Juan Williams either. Sometimes he occassionally says something that sounds "intelligent," but must be an ideolouge (sp) most of the time. There are also those times when Mary Katherine seems to really bite her toungue too, when she has to appear with Williams. Williams ALWAYS gets his speaking time and a lot of hers! Except she often gets her views across in fewer words, when Williams can't!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
Colmes is a [bleep] idiot

LOL why do you think he's on Hannity he would make dog carp look good. But then most liberals would.

NRA Lifetime Member
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck
The one bugging me the most on Fox right now is that puke Juan Williams. Along with Barry, he's wearing out my mute buttons.
Call me a racist. I dare 'ya. grin

LevrLuver, if you're a "racist," then you're certainly within your rights to be! Mind if I stand with ya'?

anytime, stubbleduck, anytime. I know I haven't been here but a year or so, but I'm happy as hell to be here with a bunch of folks that more or less see things the way I do.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mary Katherine Hamm is one of my faves!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by okok

All of my opinions are formed by the FOX News girls. Gawd they sure do put Rachel Madow ( MSNBC) to shame.

Love your avatar

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I like Hannitty when he interviews important people, candidates and such, otherwise he is about as interesting as the Fat Lady in New York.

Colmes was the tame liberal, straw man to make Hannitty look intelligent...he couldn't pull it off. I doubt anyone could.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by oulufinn
Actually Juan seems to have a bit of sense, (For a retarded liberal!). He just can't seem to defend hussein on the level that colmes does. He's a whacked out lib, but seems to have a shred of sense about him, on occasion.

Juan had an oped piece in the WSJ throwing the bullshit flag on the racism charges agaist the tea partiers last week. He's still a leftie, and bound by the racial solidarity thing to support Obama, but he's not nearly as far gone as Colmes and the koolaid drinkers over at MSNBC.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,271
Posts18,486,613
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.