-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I heard that Quakers, Muslims, and JW's were exempt from having to buy health insurance under the new law.

Is this true?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB4

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well, I'm not sure its specific to those you listed. From what I have the Indiviual Mandate - when it kicks in does have some Exceptions to the Mandate.
From what I have seen as far as what is on the bill is that it allows an exception for members of an Indian tribe, individuals residing outside the US, unlawful aliens, incarcerated individuals, and individuals with religious objections or who participate in a health care sharing ministry. Not really sure what that last thing is, maybe that refers to JW but I don't know.

But really the whole thing is a cluster anyway once you start digging.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Amish also I believe. And I heard today that CONGRESS losses their fed plan and have to go with the CITIZENS plan. I hope that is true.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Amish sure - it would qualify under the religious exception, I suppose so would a Hari Krishna or a Scientologist or anyone of a dozen others.
And yah looks like shoddy work in crafting this POS bill may have caused a snafu for Congress and their coverage, but I'm sure they will "fix" it right away so as not to have what us peasants have:)

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE
The Amish also I believe. And I heard today that CONGRESS losses their fed plan and have to go with the CITIZENS plan. I hope that is true.

I believe this is true. In fact, they lose the plan altogether now and it doesn't go into effect until 2014. Stay tuned for some additional "change" to the plan.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Maybe it was the Amish instead of the Quakers. Thanks for the replys.

I'm going to put Amish for my religion... when the census person shows up.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by T LEE
And I heard today that CONGRESS losses their fed plan and have to go with the CITIZENS plan.

That is so funny.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Truly a case of [bleep] the details..... full speed ahead, come back to bite the perpetrators in the butt. RustyL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Charles Grassley from Iowa snuck in the provision that congress has to enroll in the new health care program that starts in 2014. But their benefits end this year. Some of the talking heads on FOX mentioned it today so there must be something to it. I can see Chuck sneaking this in. He's trying to prove a point about congress reading the bill and I guess he made it. Go Chuck Go. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
One of teh other things buried in teh bill is the limitation on OTC drugs beginning 1/1/11 and teh reduction in teh FSA to 2500 in 2013. Basically, the amount we can use pretax through and FSA will be cut in half. Thus allowing for the monies to be taxed and our healthcare costs to go up

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have the actual bill posted on my webpage, so you are all welcome to read it yourselves and seperate fact from fiction. Lot's of the news out there even from our favorite trusted sources is not exactly accurate. I'd encourage you to take some time (not all at once since it's mamoth and you really need to digest what you read) and read it. It's your health, your life, you may want to know what the Government is doing to it, before they do it.....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,106 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,894
Posts18,479,213
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.