Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
My first one. At least the first one that I would associate with. It was pretty interesting. He is a medical professional and avid sportsman. He was also very honest and sincere. When talk ranged to politics, he admitted (apologetically)that he had voted for Obama. It seems the main reason for his vote was a very personal one. His nephew, a Navy Corpsman died mysteriously and the family got nothing from the Government but a big FU in way of explanation. Once he started talking about it, I couldn't stop him. Professionally, his own decision is ruining him, and he knows it. Emotionally, he would have foregone anything for change of the status quo. I'm only sharing this to remind some of you that not everybody who made that mistake is an idiot. Some were just desperate.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sad to say, but the F-U attitude has always been there and will always be there so long as the career bureaucrat exists in the enormous organizations in gov't. I understand the Docs' desparation.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the blacks you can explain. extreme lefties, code pinkers, union stooges, greenpeace types.....those kind of whites always vote democrat. what got him elected were those white folks who wanted to feel good about themselves, so they voted for the black guy knowing nothing about him except that he was black and didn't come on like a mau mau.

I talk to many of those who are deeply regretting that choice now, and there will be a lot more when the tax increases start biting and interest rates skyrocket.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pat,

People like that I can forgive...it is the assshooles that still have BO bumper stickers on their cars like a badge of honor are the ones I would like to run off the road......

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This guy is no exception. It actually gave me heart to see his guilt about Obama, yet I "felt his pain" about government.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Its GWB's fault.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Chuck you farlie....... I am so tired of that phrase....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Keith, it made me realize that people like him are the ones responsible for Obama, not the wetbacks or ACORN crackheads, who always have been, and always will be, idiots. This guy won't do it again. He bought into "change", but nothing has changed for the better.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Problem is, when someone dies, it's usually in the hospital and the reason for his death is about three levels of authority back. Where he was wounded, they put him on a chopper and a few days later, word comes (or may NOT come) of his death. There is no direct link from there to his next of kin.

I don't think it's a F-U, it's just one of those things. As a cop, you've seen this I'm sure, like at a traffic accident or something where the victim goes to the hospital and dies a few days later, or even a few hours later. While there is a written report of the accident, a cop can't be held knowledgable as to the cause of his death, although he can speculate. "He was in a bad accident" is about as far as you can go OUTSIDE the report.

These levels are necessary, IMO. Unpalatable, but strictly necessary. If the guy was killed on an operation, the details might be classified.

When I was in Viet Nam, I had to write letters to next of kin. I never detailed the causes of death, wasn't really qualified to state them in detail. I was the XO at that time. There was no line of communication, or the lines were vague, "Killed by missle fire in actions against the enemy." That was the limits of my knowledge, and I found that nearly all families didn't want to know the gory details. I wasn't trying to hide anything, just wasn't qualified to say.

But some families do want to know the gory details, which I've seen as a cop. They want to view the mangled bodies of accident victims for some reason I don't want to comtemplate. Of course, you can't deny them this, or deny them photographs, or anything else, but such isn't usually available to combat deaths. And suicides, of course, no one wants to believe a loved on killed himself, or died by accident, or just ran out of luck. "Killed by a land mine" is usually about as far as it goes wihtout a huge amount of speculation by someone who just doesn't know.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
the blacks you can explain. extreme lefties, code pinkers, union stooges, greenpeace types.....those kind of whites always vote democrat. what got him elected were those white folks who wanted to feel good about themselves, so they voted for the black guy knowing nothing about him except that he was black and didn't come on like a mau mau.

You forgot the millions who were willing to vote for anything that was the opposite of Republican regardless of how horrible it might become. The mid term elections two years prior easily demonstrated just how disenfranchised with the party and its basic policies and practices the electorate had become. When the party didn't take the message to heart, the voters took it out on them in '08.

The concept of "Change" won the election, BO just happened to reap the benefits. And we all get to suffer for it.

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I think GWB, whom I voted for twice, is the cause of BO's election. Folks were pissed, and still are, just pissed for a different reason. Hell, I was pissed, but still voted McCain. But for a moment I toyed with voting the other way because I saw my savings take a deep dip on the 08 market. Yep, I was an angry guy. Now, I'm just resolved.

So I can understand some who did. For some, it wasn't so much a vote for Obama as a vote against the Bush adminstration.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder if Obama is voted out in 2012, will black cities burn?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I wonder if Obama is voted out in 2012, will black cities burn?

I suppose that's a possibility, but what if a black were to run against him and beat him? Would that make everything AOK?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL I meet them everyday its on the bumper and says Obama/Biden then it fades out of focus and reappears as Dumb/Ass.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 04/22/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hopefully millions like him will vote RINO's and Libs out in November. Can't be said there wasn't enough info on BO to make most recoil in horror at the thought.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wow Pat i would think in your vocation you'd come across a broader spectrum of folks and know more Obama supporters, am thinking from now on i'm just gonna shorten that to O-holes...grin

my work cuts across the political spectrum and I've two folks that i consider friends, good people that not only voted for him but are still proud of the fact and support him.

they're still stuck on "he's bright and well educated" both are college types that are starstruck by Ivy league degrees. and feel it's the mess he inherited (read Bush's fault, sigh) and that he has a plan to get us out of this horrible mess.

i feel like we're on the Titanic, Bush got us off course with his spending and gov't growth, we changed skippers and his idea is "full speed ahead we're gonna ram that iceberg and turn it into ice cubes"

it just amazes me that folks I know and like can support the guy, they both know I'm a card carrying member of the R party

no, not Republican, Redneck

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It's hard for most people to admit error. Particularly high stakes errors, often until further denial is ludicrous. I believe otherwise responsible citizens who voted for Obama will respond much like women with any morals who had an abortion in a time of vulnerability and fear. Both are typically victims of the lying left with their hidden agendas to kill and destroy truth, cloaked in the guise of information and concern.

At some point many of these misled, yet irresponsible, voters will have a heartbreaking epiphany and hopefully adopt a never-again resolution.

But this should never be forgotten, if we had a media divested from agenda, rather than wholly given over to it, we would not have Obama.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
My first one. At least the first one that I would associate with. It was pretty interesting. He is a medical professional and avid sportsman. He was also very honest and sincere. When talk ranged to politics, he admitted (apologetically)that he had voted for Obama. It seems the main reason for his vote was a very personal one. His nephew, a Navy Corpsman died mysteriously and the family got nothing from the Government but a big FU in way of explanation. Once he started talking about it, I couldn't stop him. Professionally, his own decision is ruining him, and he knows it. Emotionally, he would have foregone anything for change of the status quo. I'm only sharing this to remind some of you that not everybody who made that mistake is an idiot. Some were just desperate.

Pat,

The guy may not be an idiot, but what he did was certainly idiotic.

It's up to each individual as to whether they want to forgive someone for doing something stupid.

In this case, with all that was at stake, I wouldn't cut that dude an inch of slack!!

But that's just me...........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A client, longtime east coaster, volunteered that he and his family had been lifelong dems. He voted for o and deeply regrets it to the point that he is actually switching sides. The obama stickers are incredibly annoying and I love pulling up alongside to see what an idiot looks like.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I take a peek at the driver to when I see a BHO bumper sticker. I wonder how their mind is wired.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 1234, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 49 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,069
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.