Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Bristoe is there gonna be a Tea Party Darlin thread commin up?

Lets talk about how Ron Paul pandered for the mesican vote, by promising to legalize drugs. Not quite so boring, and somewhat overlooked by the paulies. It's up in smoke now in Arizona lol.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Fed is gonna have to fix the fence and do a better job of keeping em out before they can get away with any more BS...I hope.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
What's a government smoochin' asswipe like you doing contaminating the "last frontier" of Alaska?

Do the world a favor and enter the Iditerod by hookin' your sled up to a porcupine and pointing it towards the north pole.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Come up fishin. i'll teach you how to filet close to the bone. And do bring mother with.

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I can tell you a badass!

who-eee.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
More defeatism.

combined with ignorance, that's a potentially dangerous cocktail

If you can read, I'd do so,....there's a few weeks worth, covering this one subject.

In case you hadn't heard,...the "fed" don't grant chit.

The WILL OF THE PEOPLE "grant",.....or don't.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can see the legalization ploy for mesican votes, but why legalised prostitution? To save a buck maybe? Is RP a tightwad?

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hand those f'n illegals an M-16 and some fatigues at the border and send their asses to the sand box...

Hundreds of freeloaders protesting making illegal immigration illegal, whilst a total of THREE sack up and naturalize by armed service yesterday...

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Also,...now would be a good time for Brewer to replace "amnesty supporting" Sarah Palin as the darlin' of the Tea Party movement.

Hey B.,

You were never one to let the facts get in the way of your opinions were you?

Univision:......Do you then favor an amnesty for the 12 or 13 million undocumented immigrants?

Sarah Palin: .........No, I do not.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
That's awesome. This should add a nice twist to any nationwide immigration bill they try to shove down our throats. Between this and all the state AGs appealing Obamacare, we could be in for a big States' rights vs Federal government battle.

And that's exactly what needs to happen. A great big tooth and nail cat fight including caterwauling and fur a flying.

The feds need put in their place. And that's precisely what it's gearing up to. It's aobut damned time, too!

The feds want one big country, from southern mex (and perhaps beyond) all the way to the north pole. One people, one currency, bla bla bla. Just like the european union, only much more power over the people, trade, business, etc.

All their plans need thwarted. Every agenda the fed has needs shut down completely. In my view the feds are no different than the up in your face homos, the blood throwing anti hunters, crybaby gun haters, the no oil or nuke pukes, the be nice to the muslims crowd and every other anti American liberal whacko group out there. In fact the feds are the leaders and enablers of all these.... and the people are fed up with it! They're all one in the same in my book, and they all need told to sit down and STFU in no uncertain terms and then MADE to do so.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Lets talk about how Ron Paul pandered for the mesican vote, by promising to legalize drugs. Not quite so boring, and somewhat overlooked by the paulies. It's up in smoke now in Arizona lol.

Not sure I follow that line of thinking. The mexicans that currently bring in the drugs and take billions of US dollars back to mexico, where they fortify and advance their narco terrorism, would be out of business and out of money. People in America, mexican or american, are going to use the drugs whether it's legal or not. There's no stopping them so why bother trying?

How does legalizing drugs pander to mesican nationals living legally or illegally in America? It'd pull the rug out from beneath their lawlessness, how would that gain votes from mesicans? Besides, illegal voters from mexico would be signed up to vote by ACORN and probably not be voting for someone on a republican or independent ticket.
Help me out here W4B. Something I'm missing? (serious question, not being a smartass)

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
... even to the point of bussing in people from california....

Wouldn't it be a hoot to see them, as they offload from the bus, being checked for proof of citizenship and loaded directly onto another bus headed for the border! lol

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Oldmanms2003
Way To Go!

Now we just need the other 56 states to take a stand.
That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are...

The AZ governor has nads... If she ever quits there I hope she moves to TAX HELL WISCONSIN and becomes govy here..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Calhoun,

I work for ICE so can answer your questions. Most illegals are picked up as a result of their being locked up someplace and the locals calling and saying they believe they have someone illegal. It does not matter what the crime is - it can be speeding but is eight times out of ten, DWI or domestic violence. Once in ICE custody the alien is placed in removal proceedings. They can request to be returned to their home country without seeing an immigration judge, but most go before a judge. Some illegals have overstayed visas, but the ones from Mexico and other south/central American countries have normally crossed border illegally. If they have lived in this country for ten years and have a United States Citizen wife or children they can ask for a cancellation of removal hearing if they believe their removal would create an exceptional or extremely unusual hardship. They are also free to claim fear of return and ask for asylum, but they have to prove past persecution or a well founded fear of future persecution or torture. A normal removal hearing for a typical illegal alien last about 15 minutes including all his rights warnings. In the office I work for we remove about 35,000 a year.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
By my calculation we need another 1,000 or so of your offices then. Give or take. Can we brand them to expedite their next hearing?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

264guy:

I'm a county deputy prosecutor, working post-conviction relief cases. Some of them involve non-citizens who claim their lawyers didn't tell them they could be deported, etc., etc.

What do you do at ICE, if I may ask?

- Tom

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Tom,

I'm an Assistant Chief Counsel, which basically means I am an ICE trial attorney. I am in court virtually every day doing removal proceedings and a few times a week handling merits hearings for those aliens that are eligible for relief. You bring up a hot topic; the U.S. Supreme Court just handed down the Padilla case and it basically says that aliens are entitled to be advised of the immigration consequences of a conviction or plea agreement. Failure to at least inform the alien that there may be some consequences and that they should seek out an immigration attorney for advice is grouds to have the conviction vacated. This decision is going to open the flood gates for motions to reopen based on ineffective assistance counsel. We are in the process of starting up a program to advise/inform state prosecutors of this decision.

DigitalDan,

ICE removes about 380,000 illegal aliens a year.....still not enough though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 264guy
Calhoun,

I work for ICE so can answer your questions. Most illegals are picked up as a result of their being locked up someplace and the locals calling and saying they believe they have someone illegal. It does not matter what the crime is - it can be speeding but is eight times out of ten, DWI or domestic violence. Once in ICE custody the alien is placed in removal proceedings. They can request to be returned to their home country without seeing an immigration judge, but most go before a judge. Some illegals have overstayed visas, but the ones from Mexico and other south/central American countries have normally crossed border illegally. If they have lived in this country for ten years and have a United States Citizen wife or children they can ask for a cancellation of removal hearing if they believe their removal would create an exceptional or extremely unusual hardship. They are also free to claim fear of return and ask for asylum, but they have to prove past persecution or a well founded fear of future persecution or torture. A normal removal hearing for a typical illegal alien last about 15 minutes including all his rights warnings. In the office I work for we remove about 35,000 a year.

and

Originally Posted by 264guy
Tom,

I'm an Assistant Chief Counsel, which basically means I am an ICE trial attorney. I am in court virtually every day doing removal proceedings and a few times a week handling merits hearings for those aliens that are eligible for relief. You bring up a hot topic; the U.S. Supreme Court just handed down the Padilla case and it basically says that aliens are entitled to be advised of the immigration consequences of a conviction or plea agreement. Failure to at least inform the alien that there may be some consequences and that they should seek out an immigration attorney for advice is grouds to have the conviction vacated. This decision is going to open the flood gates for motions to reopen based on ineffective assistance counsel. We are in the process of starting up a program to advise/inform state prosecutors of this decision.

DigitalDan,

ICE removes about 380,000 illegal aliens a year.....still not enough though.

How much does this all cost, per head removed?
Legalities are damned expensive. Way too much so, in fact.

Might put some people out of work (or as I prefer to look at it, give them opportunity to do other things more productive) but it seems to me the best route is the cheapest route. Just round them up and ship them to the border, no questions asked and no answers needed. If they ain't legal, then they're illegal. Just ship 'em out and forget it. Why all this unproductive and wasteful screwing around with technicalities and legalities? For God's sake just ship them out and keep them out!!!!!!!

What's wrong with that?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

264guy:

I was on top of Padilla the day it was published on the web. It was decided a week after a PCR hearing on a non-citizen, and the judge hasn't ruled, yet.

Padilla was very, very narrowly ruled, though. It doesn't cover the issue of prejudice, as I'm sure you saw, and it doesn't cover a situation when the trial attorney has no actual knowledge that his client is not a citizen. (And that happens a lot. The defendant doesn't mention it and the attorney doesn't ask.)

The Supremes are going to have to address that soon, though, because a couple of days ago I got another PCR petition and the guy's PCR attorney not only cites to Padilla, but he says the guy's trial attorney didn't know. There's going to be more of these.

The local judges have caught on, though. Most of them are giving everyone an advisement on the record, including citizens.

- Tom

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

173 members (257robertsimp, 348srfun, 338reddog, 1minute, 300_savage, 16penny, 19 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,374
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.