Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
With the current Administration as it is and politics as they are, here is my educated GUESS as to how this national entanglement will play out.

Feds acquiesce and, in conjunction with the border states,full state's border's fences,however sufficient, will be built with the feds providing near ample military resources to assist in enforcing the borders.

Feds provide funding for state military entities to enforce the borders,as well.

Enlarged enforcement efforts and increased penalties against US employers who hire illegals.

A scenario, similar to Bush's pathway to citizenship for illegals already inside the US,will be argued for and against for months and will become law before November 4th or a stronger version of Bush's proposed plan will became law by June of next summer.

As I said, it's my educated guess so don't shoot the messenger.

How do you folks read it?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't see it that way at all. What I see happening is the administratio prohibiting ICE to remove any illegals that are picked up as a result of this new law and thereby nullifying the effects of the law. I also forsee litigation between the feds and AZ over the legality of the law. This administration is far too concerned about the hispanic vote to acquiesce to AZ. just my opinion.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I think you're wrong Bob...
The next bit of "change" we'll get forced down our throats or up our asses will be amnesty which will in all likelihood include language to streamline & expedite legal immigration...
It's the only way he'll get the votes for reelection in 2012.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The dems at the federal level are already licking their chops. They see this as a golden opportunity to put reform on the headlines, even though they don't have the votes to actually pass it. That way, they can point to the latino voters come november and say "look, we're trying, we need more time"

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Feds will fight it tooth and nail.

For whatever reason, the leadership of both political parties want this country flooded with illegals.

Lindsey Graham is the point man for the GOP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_dUvVcBQFU

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All of the Western Border States should jump on board with AZ and make the Government have to honor the immigration laws. The Dem's could care less about the crime problems that follow the illegals in this country all they want is their vote and to stay in power. AZ law enforcement will pick them up and the Fed Government will turn them loose. The Obama Administration will tie this law up in court as unconstitutional

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Right now,I'd settle if Texas would initiate a Bill similar to Arizona's and ante up the pressure.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Texas needs to jump on this....would need a special session of the legislature, but it would ratchet up the drama before November.

I see the Obama's response as lawsuits, injunctions and fed grand juries investigating the violations of the wets' civil rights. And a call for accelerated consideration of comprehensive amnesty legislation to get the illegals eligible to vote by 2012.

he feels nothing for the real Americans whose lives and livelihoods are being destroyed by the invasion, or the impending bankruptcy of the border states. his sympthies are completely with the invaders.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
So far, I'm getting my ass kicked in the educated guess department.

Best call in a bet!

William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Rick Perry to do anything which will buck the Republican leadership.

They've demonstrated that they're in favor of amnesty, and Perry is trying to get his foot in the D.C. door.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you need to stop reciting RP talking points and look at what Perry has been doing.....he's ridden the immigration issue from the cellar to reelection.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
We'll see

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The feds will fight it tooth and nail, as already mentioned both parties want to claim the votes. I think the only way it won't be put down would be if all the border states jumped on the bandwagon with Arizona and stood firm, but the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Personally I think theres a much better solution to getting rid of all the illegals - announce across the country that all illegals have 60 days to beat feet back across the border, after that 60 day grace period we're going to issue unlimited hunting licenses for illegals at a cost of $10, with no bag limits. I would imagine that would be the end of our illegal immigration problem.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
you need to stop reciting RP talking points and look at what Perry has been doing.....he's ridden the immigration issue from the cellar to reelection.
I'm inclined to agree with you, though I see where B is coming from. I distrust Gov. Goodhair, but he is a naked opportunist who has seen the light of the new populism. He is practically a Tea Partier already. Look for Jerry Brown to do the same thing. He has always shown both a populist and, dare I say it, "mavericky" streak. They are both wildcards in the border fiasco.

I think if there is any real enforcement on the border, it will have to be the states or locals that do it and it will be over the Feds most stringent objections.

Last edited by ColeYounger; 04/24/10.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
http://www.thepatriotcaucus.net/gro...rick-perry-lies-about?xg_source=activity

"Again this week, Rick Perry is lying about his programs to give grants and in-state tuition to illegal aliens," says Debra Medina. "In 2001, Rick Perry signed the nation�s first law giving in-state tuition preferences to illegal aliens 1. After lying to the state live about it during the Belo debates, he�s lying about it again this week in his answer to the Fort Worth Star Telegram voter�s guide."

"Rick Perry�s program (HB 1403, 2001)2 not only violates federal law by giving preferential tuition treatment to illegal aliens, it gives cash grants to those same illegal aliens, while Texans and Americans have to scrimp to pay the continuously rising costs of college education," said Medina.

"Last week, Perry slammed the federal government for costing Texas money by not protecting the border, 3 but Rick Perry has made it clear; pandering to illegal aliens and growing government is more important to him than being responsible with the money of Texas taxpayers," Medina said.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
You talking 10 years ago?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If she says so, it must be true. Right?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree that the feds will try to block this, but AZ will continue to enforce their law. As things roll through the courts, other states will pass resolutions in support of AZ or enact their own laws with similar language. AZ will build a tent and concertina wire holding facility and when the feds refuse to deport, they will strengthen the border and send them back south across AZ's border. Then AZ will make it a felony with 10 years jail time and seizure of all assets if anyone deported returns to that state. The illegals will then stay out of AZ once deported and flock to CA and other liberal states.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
You talking 10 years ago?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think ten years ago, Dubya was Governor of Texas and Goodhair was Lt. Governor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How can the fed resist the new AZ law by claiming illegality when it mirrors fed laws already on the books?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (204guy, 12344mag, 257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 59 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,246
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.