Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Univision:......Do you then favor an amnesty for the 12 or 13 million undocumented immigrants?

They must be just using Kalifornia numbers. 10-12 MILLION dates back quite a while. Closer to 30-35 now.

Amazing which numbers are used as facts depending on the argument.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Also,...now would be a good time for Brewer to replace "amnesty supporting" Sarah Palin as the darlin' of the Tea Party movement.

Hey B.,

You were never one to let the facts get in the way of your opinions were you?

Univision:......Do you then favor an amnesty for the 12 or 13 million undocumented immigrants?

Sarah Palin: .........No, I do not.

Palin just uses different rhetoric.

http://www.aipnews.com/talk/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9310&posts=5

[Questioner] To clarify, so you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?

[Palin] I do because I understand why people would want to be in America.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Archerhunter,

I understand how you feel. If it makes you feel any better, almost all of the illegals that are caught at the border are fingerprinted and returned to Mexico without ever being put in immigration proceedings; however, the problem is, they come right back.

Also thousands of them that are caught in the interior U.S. ask for a voluntary removal and are returned without ever being put into immigration proceedings. The problem is there are millions of them and there are millions of them because employer want to hire cheap labor.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 264guy
Archerhunter,

I understand how you feel. If it makes you feel any better, almost all of the illegals that are caught at the border are fingerprinted and returned to Mexico without ever being put in immigration proceedings; however, the problem is, they come right back.

Also thousands of them that are caught in the interior U.S. ask for a voluntary removal and are returned without ever being put into immigration proceedings. The problem is there are millions of them and there are millions of them because employer want to hire cheap labor.

The Bee's will keep coming until you poison the honey pot, just the way it is. Burn the employers hard, make it stick, then they will stop comming so much. Then burn the DIY stores for the day workers they allow on their property, I hear they actually encourage those guys.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I agree with you crosshair. We have been burning lots of employers lately but there are just so many. If the incentive to work were taken away not as many would come. If not as many came, the U.S. Attorneys would also have time to enforce the current laws on the books that makes it a crime to be here illegally. Right now, they only look at those that have been deported and then re-entered again. Of course, they only prosecute a fraction of those.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Also,...now would be a good time for Brewer to replace "amnesty supporting" Sarah Palin as the darlin' of the Tea Party movement.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: �Now, they finally have passed a bill. They've now got the attention of the federal government. But it has taken this far to have the federal government say, Look, we're going to -- we're going to try to do something about illegal immigration. But what's the difficulty for a governor?�

GOV. SARAH PALIN: �Well, in this day and age, when it doesn't seem there are a lot of federalists in the federal government understanding 10th Amendment rights and a state's rights, it is quite difficult to have that good communication and working relationship between the feds and the state government in order to best serve the people whom you are to be serving. So more power to Jan Brewer for deciding that she was taking on an issue. And it is a states' rights issue, and she was going to decide with her lawmakers what they could do to tackle this huge issue of some immigration problems.
As a governor, you know, I faced the same thing, when I was governor as Alaska and had to sue the federal government over abuse of the Endangered Species Act -- that was under President Bush -- and then having to butt heads with President Obama over the stimulus funds, when I vetoed some of the stimulus funds that came to our state, and then my veto of those funds was overridden by the legislature.
But there is -- there is always that good, healthy kind of conflict between the state and the federal government, but a state governor has got to make sure that they are remembering who they are serving. It's the people who hired them, their state's voters, and they do what's best for the people who did hire them. Sometimes that is in conflict with the federal government.
But Jan Brewer, I think, in doing the right thing for her constituents and standing up for her state, and now it's a matter of working with the feds to kind of mesh what the mission is that they are on to make sure that this immigration reform that she wants to work on, that due respect is given to the state in this case.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A quote from the WND poll today,

I could see how Obama wouldn't be pleased with any law that might require one to show proof of citizenship smile

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 22magnut, 257 mag, 160user, 42 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,564
Posts18,510,686
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.