Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 34 35
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Why has nobody jumped on this? It has a ton of the extras and looks to be a great deal for someone. Is MR resale that bad?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have had the same observation. I have had a CBMR pack for sale several times with a few tire kickers and that is it. I think that I am just going to keep mine and use it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its a good deal with lots of extras but its not a normal NICE frame. The one for sale is made to be worn over body armor. Would make a great package for someone deployed but its a pretty specialized piece of gear.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Higbean
Is MR resale that bad?

My new Kifaru Siwash has been up for sale since December and just a few tire kickers since. Talk about poor re-sale, I paid around $500 for this setup a couple years ago! The bag is brand new due to Kifaru's warranty. I'll just keep it and chuck it when its worn out.

Kifaru Siwash For Sale

MtnHtr

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mtn Hunter
Originally Posted by Higbean
Is MR resale that bad?

My new Kifaru Siwash has been up for sale since December and just a few tire kickers since. Talk about poor re-sale, I paid around $500 for this setup a couple years ago! The bag is brand new due to Kifaru's warranty. I'll just keep it and chuck it when its worn out.

Kifaru Siwash For Sale

MtnHtr

I sold my G1 siwash for almost what I paid for it ...... but that was before the G2 series were released. Overall, both MR and Kifaru seem to have great resell value. Timing is everything.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kenaiking
Its a good deal with lots of extras but its not a normal NICE frame. The one for sale is made to be worn over body armor. Would make a great package for someone deployed but its a pretty specialized piece of gear.

Ohhhh. Did not notice that.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Ya, I think the only reason it has not sold is the frame, I noticed that right off the hop, and although it is specified, Im sure some people would not notice unless they have realy looked over MR products (military and tactical included)

Its a shame really, last month I was looking for a MR pack, and could not find one to my specs for the life of me, then this month a bunch of them pop up for very good prices! After I purchased straight from them of course.

Somewhere, there is a village missing its idiot!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It might have something to do with America being BROKE.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DanAdair
It might have something to do with America being BROKE.

I aint buying that. The guys that have money are capitalizing on stuff like this right now. It's the frame.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually it is the "normal N.I.C.E. frame". The Bolstered Ventilation and Stability (BVS) System just adds two pads. One on either side. They are mesh pockets filled with a styrofoam (sp) roll to create a depression for the body armor and ventilation. They can be easily removed without damage in any way. If memory serves me correctly, the mesh pockets have zippers so that the foam pads can be removed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have been doing tons of research for a meat hauling, heavy camp load hauler, big cu inch, but can still use as a daypack once you get your camp setup, internal frame pack, and the crew cab gets negative reviews for it's load lifter straps, and the abilty to use it as a daypack once you setup camp. I went with the Erblestock Blue Widow. It is not so much that it is a load hauler, but that it will get your gear back in and still be able to be hunted out of daily. Multi use for a guy that only goes out west every year or two, and spends the rest of his time chasing whitetails. I can use my boat to get to much of my hunting grounds, and just use the blue widow to pack my tipi, gear, treestand, and stuff I need for a Iowa pre rut bow hunt.

Last edited by HardCoreHunter; 05/22/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yea something like that..................but not really.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Even with the angle on the lift straps on the MR Crewcab, its still LIGHTYEARS better than anything Eberlestock has to offer. I gave away my J104 and J107 shortly after I got the NICE frame.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Dan, never used the Blue widow though? I have yet to read one negative review on it.

Last edited by HardCoreHunter; 05/22/10.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The 104 and Widow are night and day! It cracks me up how those with short-torso's that paid $600 and will have anger issues if you say anything negative abot them. They are well made and heavy. I sold mine after trying it on one hunt. My shoulders were misserable. For each is their own, but if you have never tried one, it shows ignorance when you have never tried something and slam it. You belong on the Bowsite pack thread.

Good Shooting!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can't even compare a Eberlestock to a MR Crewcab. I have tried them both. I could come out and just say i think Eberlestock packs are a POS, but that would be just rude eek

Some guys like them i guess, they are camo and have lots of pockets. I have found they are not a great day pack and not great load haulers, they just do both ok.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HardCoreHunter
Dan, never used the Blue widow though? I have yet to read one negative review on it.

Have you? How about a crew cab?

Where are these negative reports on the CC?

SH08
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hunting1
it shows ignorance when you have never tried something and slam it.

Exactly.

SH08
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keep trying............

SH08
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 10Glocks, 338reddog, 35, 14 invisible), 825 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,903
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.