-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 34 35
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alright, you told me too, so I did. I think that is enough info posted. I will give an honest review of my Blue widow and if it doesn't fit the bill for me, it will go down the road.

So you have not even used it yet! This just gets better and better!

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Big_W
Alright, you told me too, so I did. I think that is enough info posted. I will give an honest review of my Blue widow and if it doesn't fit the bill for me, it will go down the road.

So you have not even used it yet! This just gets better and better!
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...1/Blue_Widow_Owners_Question#Post4098271

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
and whats that link for?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by kenaiking
really doubt that anyone puts more time into the mountains and packing back in then Elk Reaper. He lives somewhere 1/3 of a year in the woods if I remember right. Anyway, Here are some more comments by him:

"IMO The blue widow is the best pack from the Eberlestock line. I did a ton of field testing on each and the Blue widow is a hard pack to top."

"I did not like the MR crew cab or longbow but thought the Bighorn was one of the best packs I ever used. "

And your built just like him right? You hunt elk in CO 1/3 of the year too right?

Just because its great for him doesn't mean its the best for everyone. He says great things about MR in almost all his post. Even says he no longer owns a blue widow.

You wanted info and negative reviews, so I gave them to you. What more do you want?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those are not reviews.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
and whats that link for?
If you were on here in the last few days I told everyone I just ordered one yesterday...that is the point. Yiou act like you are enlightening the board that I don't even have a blue widow yet, and the board already knows.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alright, i guess i am done, i had my fun for the day.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You just aren't hardcore enough.. Big W.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey at least it was something to do on a drizzly May afternoon smile

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You just aren't hardcore enough.. Big W.

I know, i guess i have not spent enough time in a treestand to earn that title.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You can't even compare a Eberlestock to a MR Crewcab. I have tried them both. I could come out and just say i think Eberlestock packs are a POS, but that would be just rude eek

Some guys like them i guess, they are camo and have lots of pockets. I have found they are not a great day pack and not great load haulers, they just do both ok.

I think that Elk Reaper is talking to you here. "One of the reasons I have used so many packs is that it is easy for someone to say that badlands is better then eberlestock or MR is awesome and everything else sucks, BUT most people that say things like that have very little first hand knowledge of all the packs.

I would rather speak intelligently about all the packs and give the pro's and con's of each with first hand knowledge.

One thing I can say for sure is that all the packs are well built and ready for use. It all come down to fit and personal preference."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I must be an [bleep], but I have zero interest in what some dude named "elk reaper" claims about any flashy "hardcore" pack. When I have a pack question, I hit up a few of the local guys who do 30 mile walk ins to go dalls sheep hunting. I take what they say to the bank. For some reason, they ain't using Badlands.. Maybe you can set them straight?!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have found they are not a great day pack and not great load haulers, they just do both ok.

Does that sound like i said they were a POS, no. I said i could say that, because i hated mine. I know that other people use them and like them, thats why i said that. Are they a POS to me? Yes, mostly cause i would never use one again, but they work for some. For the record, i don't even like the MR NICE system, but it's a lot better then a Eberlestock. There, NOW i am done.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Calvin, I do the same thing, to an extent. I talk with locals, out of state friends, read reviews...what you need on a sheep hunt won't fit my needs here in IA or NM, CO, ID, WY, or ID on a hunt. What I want in a pack, won't fit your needs either. You could probably care less what a Dave Smith Turkey decoy is either, and how they are the best imo and many other's opinions. Locals don't even know about these decoys. If not for the internet, I wouldn't have even discovered these awesome decoys. I bow hunt ALOT, and if I relied just on my local friends to inform me about Lone Wolf treestands or Lone Wolf climbing sticks, I would be SOL. They are too tight to use them, or even know how great they are. If you guys don't care what an experienced guy like Elk Reaper and others on forums know, then you are missing out.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks to forums, I am also shooting the best bow I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot. Strother Archery SR-71. Sometimes locals aren't the best place to get your info, they only buy what is available to them. I drove 3 hours to Crackers shop in St. Jo, MO to get it. I have a buddy in MN and he is "forced" to buy only Mathews bows as this is what his local pro shop only carries and he isn't going to take a drive to go somewhere else.

Last edited by HardCoreHunter; 05/22/10.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Calvin, do you even know Elk Reaper? I am guessing you don't. Maybe if you did, you wouldn't say as much. Aron, or Elk Reaper, as you know him does many a mile in the back country. I would guess as many as anyone you know. I don't know the people you know, but I know Aron and he puts in more miles in one year than many will put in a lifetime of hunting. You don't have to be impressed by that, I am just letting you know.

Go check the Bowsite Forums and look at some of his reviews, specifically the 2010 Pack Review. No nonsense reviews, the good, the bad and the ugly.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Pack threads are getting ridiculous. There is no way that there will ever be a pack that every one agrees on as being the best. There is good and bad in every one, it is deciding on which pack fits your body, your type of hunting and needs the best. PERIOD. For all the naysayers that think one company is better than the next for one reason or another, there is someone else saying the opposite.

I have had two of the MR CC. Bought one, thought it was absolutely built bullet proof. Mark and the Crew at MR build a top notch product. For me I couldn't get it to carry my gear the way I wanted to and the LL were to short and designed to pull the load into your body to stabilize it. Two years later I tried it again, hoping I could change my setup, but it didn't work for me. The only problem I had was I bent one top piece of the NICE frame, nothing bad, you could just see a little bend in it. When talking with the MR guys, the showed me how to fix it and also how to prevent. Great customer service for sure. So just because I didn't get the MR CC to work for me doesn't mean it sucks or I am going to bad mouth their product, which many people do when something doesn't fit or work for them.

I have tried Kifaru, Badlands, Mystery Ranch, Eberlestock, Bull Pacs and the Barneys Freighter Packs. I could find something wrong with all of them if I wanted to, but I could also find many more positives with each of them also.

Hell will freeze over before a Pack Thread will do any good until people can stop talking out their A$$ when they have never tried something for themselves and been honest about it. To many people hear something and claim it for their own and start talking $hit far to often.

Of course and as always, JMO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Actually it is the "normal N.I.C.E. frame". The Bolstered Ventilation and Stability (BVS) System just adds two pads. One on either side. They are mesh pockets filled with a styrofoam (sp) roll to create a depression for the body armor and ventilation. They can be easily removed without damage in any way. If memory serves me correctly, the mesh pockets have zippers so that the foam pads can be removed.

See what ya started bigsky. laugh

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RosinBag
Calvin, do you even know Elk Reaper? I am guessing you don't.

Exactly. I don't know that guy. WTF should I give a flying [bleep] what he says about anything? I thought I made that clear...

You boys need to go back to your "hardcore" bowsite.

I'm sorry, but was that you packing out that Cub on your back?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Ok... I'll admit it. I can't hang with the Hardcore Badass Badlands crew.
[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 14 invisible), 791 guests, and 873 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,906
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.