Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 35 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 34 35
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
You see, we tried to accommodate you with examples of both packs and reason. Reread my original posts above and I didn't bash Eberlestock, I use their packs.

The MR suspension can handle more weight than the Eberle, simple fact of physics and construction. Whether it is comfortable on you is another issue.

You think you will come to this site and read from the book of 'Backpackhunting Jesus', Elk whoever and we will bow down, (guy is probably a good dude and would be embarrassed how you abused his name).

Old news you bring... go watch a DVD and learn something.

Kent

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yea, pack a turkey out with no pack to carry it in for a couple of miles and it is a lot of work. You are right Calvin. Some toms weigh as much as 30# here and they are no fun to pack out with no pack. The woods they hang out in are big ridged timbers, that have steeper inclines and tougher terrain then my last NM elk hunt. And your last post is spot on. It is laughable that some guys that live in other parts of the country, think they are real men because of where or how they hunt or what pack they use, and put down another guys hunts because of their ignorance to another one's ways. I have been boning out whitetails for years and packing back to my truck.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

What is funny, is I have probably forgot more about bow hunting then a guy like you will ever know. Otherwise you wouldn't be offended by what a guy like Elk Reaper or others say about the crew cab.

Last edited by HardCoreHunter; 05/23/10.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
So, have you ever met Elk Reaper, or do you just know him from the 'net? I've looked at his posts. The only thing I wanted to do after reading his posts is to go clean/organize his house.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Reading comprehension is not your game, I simply state that three does with no pack means go to the Biggame section. We're talking Backpack hunting here, look at the heading. I like your animals but they are misplaced here.

That means pack in, gear and then all packed out.

Here's a picture of a Eberle with 70 lbs of deer, gear, and weapon. All one trip out is the goal. With a MR I can increase that load 15 lbs. Works for me.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by HardCoreHunter
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

What is funny, is I have probably forgot more about bow hunting then a guy like you will ever know. Otherwise you wouldn't be offended by what a guy like Elk Reaper or others say about the crew cab.

Stroking for folks is not my game, part of my archery record is around the net somewhere.

Kent

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Calvin
So, have you ever met Elk Reaper, or do you just know him from the 'net? I've looked at his posts.
Just shoot the breeze with him on the net or facebook and enjoy his vast world of knowledge of packs and his life on the trails
The only thing I wanted to do after reading his posts is to go clean/organize his house.
Wow, you are special Calvin. Worry about a guys house? Are you serious? I will hire you to do mine and fire my illegal alien if you do good work? How do you look in high heels?

I must be an [bleep], but I have zero interest in what some dude named "elk reaper" claims about any flashy "hardcore" pack. When I have a pack question, I hit up a few of the local guys who do 30 mile walk ins to go dalls sheep hunting. I take what they say to the bank. For some reason, they ain't using Badlands.. Maybe you can set them straight?!
Why do you read his posts if you have no interest tin his opinion?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The only thing I wanted to do after reading his posts is to go clean/organize his house.
Wow, you are special Calvin. Worry about a guys house? Are you serious? I will hire you to do mine and fire my illegal alien if you do good work? How do you look in high heels?

Have you looked at his pics? It ain't pretty..

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by krp
Reading comprehension is not your game, I simply state that three does with no pack means go to the Biggame section. We're talking Backpack hunting here, look at the heading. I like your animals but they are misplaced here.

Here's a picture of a Eberle with 70 lbs of deer, gear, and weapon. All one trip out is the goal. With a MR I can increase that load 15 lbs. Works for me.

[Linked Image]
I, kill, go back to my truck, leave my bow, Lone Wolf climbing sticks, then go back pack my meat out.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I, kill, go back to my truck, leave my bow, Lone Wolf climbing sticks, then go back pack my meat out.

When it takes you a minimum 3-8 hours of hard hiking and a substantial elevation change to get back to the truck/boat, going back to the truck to ditch gear really isn't an option.. (hint)

It's obvious now that your version of "backpack hunting" isn't even in the same ballpark as what most of us do. But, we all knew that, which makes this even funnier.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If you lose a trip going back to your truck, then why not just drag them little whitetails with ya. Hell, i have draged them little things for a couple miles.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
inefficient, extra trip for nothing, really bad if you are 10 miles in and have an elk on the ground.

Kent

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by krp

[Linked Image]
You will probably say BS so here ya go

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=405307

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Big_W

If you lose a trip going back to your truck, then why not just drag them little whitetails with ya. Hell, i have draged them little things for a couple miles.
Our whitetails will weigh 250 and are some of the largest in the country. Try again.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
How hard can it be to drag a whitetail across a corn field?

Last edited by Calvin; 05/23/10.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Our whitetails will weigh 250 on up and are some of the largest in the country. Your deer in WA are little, so yea, I can understand your way of hunting. Try again.

Last edited by HardCoreHunter; 05/23/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup, Iowa is some ruff country, looks like no one else does that but you. But hey, it's good practice for when you take your "vacation" out west.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Washington deer are little? Wow, thats gonna piss some people off.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yup, Iowa is some ruff country, looks like no one else does that but you. But hey, it's good practice for when you take your "vacation" out west.
Lol...sounds like you have nothing intelligent to say and are just mumbling dumb stuff buddy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Also, can you really bone out a deer in 20 minutes? I guess i am really slow.

Page 6 of 35 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

348 members (17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 345dl, 219 Wasp, 47 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,973
Posts18,519,820
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.