Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 3sixbits
I'm of the openion that the nicest trigger I've ever seen or had for and AR is the trigger that Accuracy Speaks has. They seem to work even after the barrel get shot out and replaed a few times. I think they are the best thing going in my AR's. They did not charge me a cent for putting them in either. That was some years ago.

Here, you make up your own mind.

AS triggers are not the top of the line AR trigger and never have been. They are not a bad trigger though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Curious how you get a single stage trigger to have NO movement to set it off?

Sorry for going off topic, I am curious what single stage trigger has NO movement to function.

Pretty simple, it doesn't move at all, IE your CREEP, before it breaks clean as a glass rod snapping and by that time the round is gone.... A good single stage trigger will have NO movement before it all of a sudden breaks.

Point being if you think you have a good single stage trigger but it has movement before the hammer falls, then you basically have a 2 stage trigger( we joke that on some of the SKS and such they actually come with a 4 or 5 stage trigger... if you know what I mean there)

I'm not taking you to task either, just explaining it the best I can.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks gentlemen, this is great info, just what I was looking for.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just fine, it has to be adjusted correctly once in and if in doubt, get it with you during the day and call Bill, he probably won't answer but will return the call if you have issues getting it perfect.

Good job. Not the cheapest route out but you won't be unhappy.

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Excellent choice!

That one is non adjustable but is said to be great as is.

Last edited by TWR; 05/23/10.
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I shot a AR in 1000 yard competition for a few years.
The best trigger I found for the money, about $80, is the Jard 1.5# trigger which on my rifle breaks about at 2#. No creep, little take-up, not crunchy in the least.

Last edited by tresmon; 05/23/10.

-Tres
NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes available.. Please inquire

John 14:6
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by rost495

we joke that on some of the SKS and such they actually come with a 4 or 5 stage trigger... if you know what I mean there)

My SKS came factory with the NM 4 stage...

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by steve4102

I think you did just fine, You are going to like the trigger and it will last a long time. My Geissele has several thousand rounds fired and countless dry-fire.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I did not know they made an NM SKS. I guess it would only stand to reason that you would need an NM mutli-stage trigger. I understand these triggers can also vary the number of stages without warning; that must be part of the attraction. smile

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
the attraction is in the challenge!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by rost495
the attraction is in the challenge!

Absolutely.

It reminds me of the clown in the box you played with as a child. Cranking....cranking....cranking...you just never knew when it was going to pop!!!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a JP trigger in mine, it breaks clean and has given me no problems. They must be adjusted properly though as per JP's instructions.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
When I was a child there were no clowns or boxes.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Neither way to school, up hill both ways through the snow and bull pastures, and you never had a clown or box.... 'splains a lot now......

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tresmon
I shot a AR in 1000 yard competition for a few years.
The best trigger I found for the money, about $80, is the Jard 1.5# trigger which on my rifle breaks about at 2#. No creep, little take-up, not crunchy in the least.

Jard might be the reason you quit the AR at 1000 in competition.... if you had a real trigger you might still be running it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (44mc, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 35, 69sportfury, 14 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.