Hop To
Page 53 of 75 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 74 75
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My father and I drove over to saratoga today, the Hobo pool was was of my sons favorate places.
Anyhow I stopped in at the FS to get an update on the road into Jack Creek Campground and Crew Quarters.

The road is open to the forest line and there is a good chance it will be open to the Crew Quarters before we get there. They cann't say we will be able to use the water unless the test they due every spring are back yet.
The good news on that is I've hunted with the guy that it's his job to get the test done.

Also while I was there a gal came in the the newest copy of the Snowy Range & Sierra Madre Mountain Recreation Guide. they have a web page and have facebook so there is a chance we can get every good updates from the locals on it.

http://www.goin2wyo.com/snowyrange.asp.

They have some good maps of the area that are printable and you can down load them.

I asked about south Brush Creek CG as a backup and they don't see us having any problem goingh the if we can't get into Jack creek.
South Brush creek is less than a mile north of Hwy 130 and abour 16 miles south east of Saratoga.

I week make weekly called to the FS to get update on the roads and when the cabin at Jack creek is open.

Larry

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Larry, I'll be pulling a camper with me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Larry, you are doing yeoman work on this. Greatly appreciated by me.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Les just pointed this out to me... I'm still trying to parse the 1000+ postings to figure out a schedule, but put me down for a tentative attendance.

Wife and I were just talking about spending a week in Colorado, this might be a danged good start - haven't been there before. Any motels in the area to keep the wife happy?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Les just pointed this out to me... I'm still trying to parse the 1000+ postings to figure out a schedule, but put me down for a tentative attendance.

Wife and I were just talking about spending a week in Colorado, this might be a danged good start - haven't been there before. Any motels in the area to keep the wife happy?

Here's where I'm staying which reminds I need to double check to make sure I still have a place to stay.

http://www.wyomingtourism.org/overview/Hacienda-Motel/3189

Here's the phone number: 1-307-326-5751 Hacienda Motel.

Here's another:

http://www.wyomingtourism.org/overview/Silver-Moon-Motel/4235

And if money is no object:

http://www.saratogaresortandspa.com/

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Calhoun:

June 11, 12 & 13

Jack Creek Crew Quarters, Jack Creek Campground

in the national forest about 25 miles West of Saratoga Wyoming and due South of Rawlins.

It's only a few weeks away and there are still bunks available in the crew quarters but so far it seems like most people will be camping. If you and Derby Dude were to grab some bunks it just might fill the place up and that would be a lot cheaper than staying in a motel. However, you might want to get motel reservations just in case the road is still snowed in.

Also most campers seem to be volunteering to contribute towards the cost of renting the crew quarters so that they can have access to the bathrooms and showers.

We hope that the road is open by then so we can use the crew quarters for a central gathering place.

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/J...parkId=73891&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/mbr/recreation/camping/brushcreek/jackcreek.shtml

http://www.saratoga.govoffice2.com/

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Snowed in? Never mind...I ain't goin.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
No worries Pat! Its summertime in Wyoming....and we will have anti-freeze... whistle

grin
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We are definitely in the motel, I hope. Gotta call tomorrow to double check. Made reservations in December.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Okay, it'll be good to see what Elkhunter76 looks like dry.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You going to bring some fresh crawfish to add to the boil???

Pat I am happy as a pig in mud right now. It is 45�! grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grinits not your spelling its where you put your fingers on the keys grin

have fun

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
any special rules for dogs? may have to bring The Weasel......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
rattler I don't think so as long as the dog isn't running loose. Just be very careful if there are moose around. gotlost would know more.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's looking like I may not get there. My doc called today, he thinks I need to go in for a caradic cath.
Nothing on the timetable yet
Crap, I'm feeling the best I have in years, thought I breezed thru the stress test last week.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
its a young dachshund, cant really let her run loose anyway.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I am sure she will be fine. I am leaving my labs at home. They have a habit of going swimming then walking up to you and shaking. They seem to think it is funny....and if they bring you a stick or ball you HAVE to throw it for them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tracks
It's looking like I may not get there. My doc called today, he thinks I need to go in for a caradic cath.
Nothing on the timetable yet
Crap, I'm feeling the best I have in years, thought I breezed thru the stress test last week.

Damn, sorry to hear that Tracks, hope you are able to make it. The cardiac Cath isn't any fun, mom is a pro at them. Les

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
I am sure she will be fine. I am leaving my labs at home. They have a habit of going swimming then walking up to you and shaking. They seem to think it is funny....and if they bring you a stick or ball you HAVE to throw it for them.

I can vouch for the ball statement, they kept my girls going for awhile last year when Mom, Dad and I went up to Keith's.

Page 53 of 75 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.