Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 35 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 34 35
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Dude's Whiskeyman's brother, laughing my ass off.

Well, see it did have another tine so 135 tops, where's the numbers, hell we got coues bigger than that.

Blah/Blah, show me an animal.

I said no... look around you may find some though.

Anyone else get a PM from the elk man hisself, I did.. I did... I's special...

Kent

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yeah i did too. It sucks that Hardcore came on here and used his name like that. Elk reaper is a good guy, don't let Hardcore ruin his rep. Hopefully he will post here with his insights and reviews.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Sure did. Kinda confirmed what we all thought.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Reaper is a good guy.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I sent a few PM's out..... Thought that would be a good thing to do for some of the 24 guys that have been getting my name thrown at them. This has nothing to do with me....If it did, I would be posting something informative on this thread, but I'm not, I'm posting this so everyone will know that my reviews are my reviews and they are what has worked, or not worked, for ME.

If you feel you need to bad mouth me because of "hardcore" feel free, but I would hope you would get to know me befroe you pass judgement on me. i would choose to be everyones friend on 24 and help out if I can..... That is what we all post on 24 for correct? To help out others! That is what I would like to do....bashing is not for me and I have not seen much goodcome of it.

I'm not sure why I got the "I's" special comment? Anyway, Please keep me out of all of this, I posted some reviews to help guys out on another website....No big deal.

Again, please keep me out of this thread, I will speak up myself when I feel the need.

Thanks, Hope everyone has a great season.

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ok, a little more talking with ELK and yes it really is him and he is a good guy. Thought maybe HC was pulling a fast one.

Anyway, here's an archery elk I packed out years ago with a crappy 30.00 Kelty taking five trips out, didn't know the difference.

[Linked Image]

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by THE_ELK_REAPER
I sent a few PM's out..... Thought that would be a good thing to do for some of the 24 guys that have been getting my name thrown at them. This has nothing to do with me....If it did, I would be posting something informative on this thread, but I'm not, I'm posting this so everyone will know that my reviews are my reviews and they are what has worked, or not worked, for ME.

If you feel you need to bad mouth me because of "hardcore" feel free, but I would hope you would get to know me befroe you pass judgement on me. i would choose to be everyones friend on 24 and help out if I can..... That is what we all post on 24 for correct? To help out others! That is what I would like to do....bashing is not for me and I have not seen much goodcome of it.

I'm not sure why I got the "I's" special comment? Anyway, Please keep me out of all of this, I posted some reviews to help guys out on another website....No big deal.

Again, please keep me out of this thread, I will speak up myself when I feel the need.

Thanks, Hope everyone has a great season.

Thanks for clearing that up and I do enjoy your pack reviews, but I think/hope most that read them understand that what you like didn't like means it did or didn't work for you and may work for someone else like you mentioned.

However, it appears some can't grasp that just because it works for you that it will work for them the same way. Good luck to you this season.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by krp
Ok, a little more talking with ELK and yes it really is him and he is a good guy. Thought maybe HC was pulling a fast one.

Anyway, here's an archery elk I packed out years ago with a crappy 30.00 Kelty taking five trips out, didn't know the difference.

[Linked Image]

Kent

Outstanding!

I have an older model, big Jansport pack that I love. I found it in the woods in the middle of nowhere in AK about 8 years ago. It had $40 and two beers in it. That's it. It was all nasty from being out in the elements for a few seasons. I cleaned it up and I love it.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ok, but inquiring minds want to know... how'd the beers taste...

Kent

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They tasted great on the hike out..

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Some guys just have all the luck... beer and gas money... all you needed was the swiss women's hiking team to show up and it would have been nirvana.

Kent

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
To be honest with you, it was one of the strangest things that's happened to me. Me and a buddy were hiking up a drainage brown bear hunting out of Sitka, AK. We were talking about how we'd forgot the beer. Right when we finished out beer conversation, we found the pack was sitting out in the middle of a muskeg, miles from the boat, with 2 beers in it. We looked around a bit making sure some guys remains weren't around. We didn't find anything.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Great story!

Calvin, you and Anthony have a great time tomorrow hunting, cool kid you have there.

Kent

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, sorry if you guys think I was coming on as a know it all and talking about packs like I know it all, as I don't. I like to learn and I use these forums for research alot. There is no way an individual can go out and afford or even find these packs to try them all out. I simply posted these others guy's reviews to show that just because you guys think one way, doesn't mean the rest of the world does. Then it seemed to me that these reviews were considered to be worthless as the guys that made them weren't "Mountain men" enough for you. I guess it just seems to me that some guys have a their way or the hiway attitude and that just turns me off. I am sure you are good guys and if you are ever in IA I would enjoy sitting down and having a few beers with you. Peace.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The backpedal of all backpedals...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Who's back peddaling..you on a bike?

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
WTF? This thread was dead for over three weeks, and you guys somehow managed to bring it back for ten pages of arguing. This place is losing it!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This thread is better than a car wreck. It is like watching a short bus stalled on the RR tracks and the train is a chugging away with no signs of stopping.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
oh... and my Crewcab finally sold grin but this was fun to watch

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Funny 10 minute read.. some points come to mind.. Try (use) before you buy if you really want to make a fair decision. Companies that have been in business for a long time with the most expensive products on the market usually have a good reason for it. I can count on one hand how many companies I've had the opportunity to have them make good on their "lifetime" warranty claims. BadLands is one of them.

"hardcore" is always a humorously used descriptive when somebody uses it about themselves.

Calvin, great story about the two beers! 5 years ago, while loading up to hike into an area for a few days off 191, just getting ready to leave the vehicle, the "Red Bull" car drove by with 2 swimsuit chicks in it. The saw us, did a U-turn, and pulled in and passed out several cans of Red Bull. Apparently there was a whitewater rafting event farther up river that day.. Unfortunatly, no Bud Light girls awaiting us when we returned.

Page 10 of 35 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

356 members (17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 345dl, 219 Wasp, 47 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,973
Posts18,519,820
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.