Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
ELK REAPER Good review, liked it.

Kent

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
PG, I am on Bowsite and the fellas are waiting for all of you to set them straight. Waiting.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by HardCoreHunter
everyone here says the reviews are junk and their opinion is the only one that matters?

That right there is the problem, you are delusional and need to get the book, comprehensivereadingfordummies gold star addition. At Amazon for 14.99 right now. They have book reviews on the site... just saying...

Kent

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
HardCoreHunter

Nothing good will come out of what you are doing.......I can promise you this. It would be better if you chill out a little.

If you get the guys on 24 to go over to bowsite, chances are they will turn the pack thread into something it was not intended for....Just to piss you off. If I was in thier shoes, it would be hard for me not to do the same thing.

Chill out, it will help out everyone.
Thanks

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm not pissed about anything.

Nobody here but you has anything to prove.

Each of us has found the pack we like, but will continue to keep an eye out to see if something better is out there. I've not ever seen anyone here "set those guys straight"; no agendas or forcing "this is best, you MUST use it or you are not "HardCore". I've seen good sound advice given; present company excluded of course.

Bring out some more pictures.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
So let me see if I understand this - you've never used a MR backpack.. but you read some reviews, and you're arguing with people about the best choice of a backpack, arguing against one of the top models, the MR crewcab? W.T.F.

Sounds dumb.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Powerguy, I am sure you understand I was replying to HCH, don't know what it says Re:Powerguy...must be in the quick reply box.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I have tons of respect for Pat at bowsite and you for coming and getting to know us here, doubt anyone of the guys on this thread will go sabotage a good thread there.

We've dealt with his kind before, for some reason we get the best trolls. We really just try to make it fun and be sarcastic and don't let him get under our shin... can't let him run rampant though. He also should get, sarcasmfordummies at the same time to save on shipping.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hold up a sec. We need to bring this back to the fashion show comment.

Hmmmm.......
[Linked Image]

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
that's totally hardcore!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire must have an unusally strong magnetic field lately, it sure is attracting the loonies.

I have hunted Iowa, excellent state with some great people.However I have no idea where backpacking comes in to play.
95 percent of Iowa has roads, trails, farmers lanes, and Atv trails that you can drive fairly close to your kill. Most whitetails are thrown into the back of a pickup or on a atv within a very short distance of where they dropped.

The average walk to your treestand is under 20 minutes.
Who's trying to kid who?

Hunts in Iowa involve fannypacks or maybe a DAYPACK but as far as "hardcore Backpacking".

Some one is just looking for attention...

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Dooood!!! is that an old tire leaning against that tree 5 miles in?

It's not hunt 5 miles along the road.. it's 5 mile in... as away from a road... Doh!

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp
Dooood!!! is that an old tire leaning against that tree 5 miles in?

The ol' creek musta been runnin' pretty high.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
just checked the bowsite, too much to read. Lots of funny photos.. but way too hardcore for my kind of packing.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you were really hardcore it'd be Natty Ice and a liter of BV.....(grin)

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
No posing required and feel free to critique the position of everybody's load lifters.. I believe the guy on the left (toting the badlands?) is in the market for a new pack, and it's a home brew. He had to shoot a griz in selfdefense the next night.
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
He's seen the light.. was younger in this photo. Hardcore - I believe that one was a "thomas the train" pack. You should look into it, I'm sure there's some reviews you could reference.
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Was looking through my photobucket and realized i have a few photos that somewhat attest to the use of the Mystery Ranch crewcab, and an assortment of other faulty gear. Thomas the train will do in Iowa.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by HardCoreHunter
Originally Posted by SteveO
Your review of packs that you have not used is useless information.
Show me these reviews I did. There are none. See this is where the problem lies, you guys won't accept these other guys' opinions and reviews they did. It is your way or the highway. I have not used a MR, nor have I said I did. I was called out on reviews I stated that I read, was told to produce these reviews, and when I did, everybody started crying, pouting, and name calling. They just can't accept the fact that these reviews are out there and they are farther pissed that I produced them and don't bow down to their elite backpack opinion only status. People have different needs in gear. Not all guys start out with a Badlands, and then want to better their gear choice, and buy a MR and are satisfied. It is evident with the guy that wants his name kept out and the other guys that bought and got rid of them. NR packs are great packs for some guys, not everyone.
By the way I have lived in NM and CO, and travel and hunt both states. Thin skinned people just can't get it through their heads that I didn't give the reviews, I just reported them.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
i am sensing liar24 has reappeared...same ignorance of the written word.

Page 14 of 35 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

227 members (673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 29aholic, 36 invisible), 1,623 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,854
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.