-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 54 of 75 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 74 75
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Keith...can you think of anything else we should bring for the vittles end of things??? Ive got a few things written down including new red potatoes for your boil, and maybe some sausage...how bout an extra bag-o-charcoal or something??

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Charcoal would be good as I will have my medium size Weber Platinum Smokey Joe. I have shrimp and sausage (several types for variety) for the boil. Les was going to bring some fresh ear corn I beleive and onions? I have the crab boil for the water.

I know the dinners will be covered by the boil one night and prolly Dan's DO Pizza and Cheyenne's contribution the 2nd night.

We will also have plenty of brats and burgers I am guessing for lunches. If everyone brings a little bit we will be golden. I was thinking of breakfast......any thoughts on that? I have a big 2 burner stove with a griddle and 17" cast iron frying pan. I can contribute the bacon. I am an early coffe drinerk and eat breakfast late if I do at all.

I asked Rick to help me keep that list up. Everytime I copy and paste I lose the font attributes. I can't edit the old one anymore.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been holding off on saying count me in and I've finally decided to commit to going. So, count me in. I'll pitch a tent and I don't need any accomodations.

I like to help out with things too. I'll bring some sawhorses and something to put on top to use a table. With all the people showing up you can't have too many tables to set things on.

I was also thinking of bringing some stuff for a continental type breakfast, if that sounds like a good idea. Need to have a few others pitch in to have enough to go around though.

fish head

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
I am sure she will be fine. I am leaving my labs at home. They have a habit of going swimming then walking up to you and shaking. They seem to think it is funny....and if they bring you a stick or ball you HAVE to throw it for them.

Besides if you had a mini wiener dog my labs might think it is a self propelled retrieving dummy... shocked

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Les is going to update the list. Thanks for the help buddy. I got to head out!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
June 11-13 at Jack Creek Campground and crew quarters

http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/mbr/recreation/cabinrentals/jackcreekcq.shtml

Lodge sleeping list!
Tracks
rattler (4)
himmler
Dan Adair
ingwe
wyoguide (2)
Whip

Tentative Guest list: (bold has committed to attending)please update your status if you can.

elkhunter76 - WY
JacquesLaRami - WY (2)
K Salonek - CO
pumpgun - CO
derby dude - MT (2)
Stemshot - ?
KC - CO (2)
Kamerad Les - CO (4)
shrapnel - MT
leftycarbon - CO
duck911 - CO
weaselsRus - NV
Glock2240 - MT
LeRoy - AB
Tracks - CO
remfak - CO
himmelrr - CO
tarkio - MT
rattler - MT (2)
ingwe - MT
Rocky Raab - UT
Cheyenne - WY (3)
prairie goat - MT
ranger1 - MT
partagas - WY
Bigbuck215 - MT
Mark R Dobrenski - MT
MackMan - CO
Cinch - WY
Huntsman22 - CO
deflave - MT
gotlost - WY
Northern Dave - MN
John Moses - Somewhere down south and his mangy mutt BM whistle
CP - MT
tex n cal - CA
Ralphie - WY
wyoguide - WY (2)
Snake River Marksman - WY
rnr - CO/WY
alpinecrick - CO
Dan Adair - MT
wyoelk - WY
exbiologist - CO
javalina - SD
McInnis - WY
peepsight - Utah
Whip - NW Montana
Whitebird - OR
ltpowell - TX
rosco1 -UT
Tony -ID
muledeer36 - WY (5)
FjLee - CO (2)
Fishead - CO
Calhoun - Nebraska (2)

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Fishhead..glad you are going to make it...continental type breakfast is a GREAT idea..Ill throw something in for that!

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ive got close to 150 pounds of burger in my freezer, pretty low fat so you would have to throw some egg in it or something to get it to stick together for burgers......as is it is great for chili and such as there is lil grease to worry bout......i can bring some down to contribute if someone wants to use it for something....

Last edited by rattler; 05/26/10.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keith:

I will bring another 2-burner stove so we will have two.

I was going to make the same chili that I made at the Whittington affair. But it looks like you guys have already got two dinners planned. So I'll skip the chili.

I need to deplete my freezers before next Fall. I can bring some burger meat; moose, whitetail, caribou, elk, and/or antelope. What do we need? How much?

For one breakfast, I can make some scrambled eggs, bear sausage and biscuits & gravey. I can contribute all the sausage, bisquits (pre packaged) and gravey. Maybe everyone could bring a handfull of eggs? Or maybe there's an egg farmer in the group?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We'll work this out. I have a Camp Chef Explorer stove. We can have a variety for breakfast. I like that idea.

We'll get a firm committment from people attending and kind of plan a menu? I'll talk to Cheyenne about his idea.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
all i need to know is by Wednesday of that week if yah need me to pitch in anything....have the lean and ultra lean beef burger in the freezer and i can pick up eggs or something to pitch in for breakfast if needed.....no clue what in the hell we can use the burger for but if someone has an idea i can haul 20 pounds or so down without a problem....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tracks
It's looking like I may not get there. My doc called today, he thinks I need to go in for a caradic cath.
Nothing on the timetable yet
Crap, I'm feeling the best I have in years, thought I breezed thru the stress test last week.

Just ignore the Docs that's what I do. I'm almost 63 and it's worked so far. grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll throw in some hot dogs and potato chips if you have plenty of brats.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hot dogs? eek grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Hot dogs? eek grin

Hey, I want to make sure there is something there my wife and I eat. grin

And thanks from the bottom of my oversize heart for bring a charcoal grill.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

rattler;

I'll bring a couple dozen eggs. If you bring the same, we ought to have enough to cover those who forget to bring their own.

Maybe we can put some burger in the scrambled eggs along with some seasoning.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Burgers over a mesquite fire are the best! I'll bring the mesquite wood for the grill. A few pieces over charcoal is awesome!

KC & Rattler eggs are appreciated. I'll bring a few too as well as some bacon and sausage.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At this point I'm a go, May not be the whole weekend but Friday and part of Saturday. I'll bunk in the Crew Quarters unless we fill it up then I'll put my bed roll in with Kieth.

I have a full camp in the utility trailer if we need anything I should have it.

I got 2 turkey deep fryer pots if we need them + a free standing 2 burner stove.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
MAy need an extra turkey cooker and pot. I have one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tracks
It's looking like I may not get there. My doc called today, he thinks I need to go in for a caradic cath.
Nothing on the timetable yet
Crap, I'm feeling the best I have in years, thought I breezed thru the stress test last week.

Cancel the above, another Doctor just gave me an all clear, subject to an Electro Cardiogram next week.

Page 54 of 75 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,447 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,191
Posts18,484,973
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.