Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 35 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 34 35
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Greenhorn

How about this.. next guy to paste a picture of a freshly killed (June 2nd or later) big game animal in a pack -- wins. My guess is it will be my pack. Go!

I'm game.. No dinks tough!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm in...

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
[quote=Greenhorn]ElkReaper, which pack is the extreme champion of carrying massive amounts of booze? I've only tried this hardcore stunt a couple of times, using a NICE frame, with an assortment of bags. It worked flawlessly, regardless of load lifters. Are there other booze-hauling monsters out there that will exceed the MR's authority in this area? Will a 16 gallon keg fit into the 6500 or will it require the Gigantor?

Greenhorn

During my testing, I was able to get 1 fat chick and 3 cases of beer in the 6500. It is holding up well and I hope I can use the pic of the fat chick for your "big game " hunting contest.....I'm in Colorado and have no bear season going on.

smile

Last edited by THE_ELK_REAPER; 06/02/10.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by THE_ELK_REAPER
[quote=Greenhorn]ElkReaper, which pack is the extreme champion of carrying massive amounts of booze? I've only tried this hardcore stunt a couple of times, using a NICE frame, with an assortment of bags. It worked flawlessly, regardless of load lifters. Are there other booze-hauling monsters out there that will exceed the MR's authority in this area? Will a 16 gallon keg fit into the 6500 or will it require the Gigantor?

Greenhorn

During my testing, I was able to get 1 fat chick and 3 cases of beer in the 6500. It is holding up well and I hope I can use the pic of the fat chick for your "big game " hunting contest.....I'm in Colorado and have no bear season going on.

smile

Dude you know you don't drink , don't like alcohol, and sure as a hell aren't going to carry it for someone, so why go do you want to "pretend" you do in order to impress these guys? Stand for something or you will fall for anything Bro.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
It was a joke....Do you really think I packed 3 cases of bear and a fat chick?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TER, TFF!!

[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Back to the original content of this thread. You say you are a 120-140# carrying guy. You state the load lifters on the crew cab are not where they should be. You say the long bow's suspension is shot at 50-60 #. Now all of the threads content has gone to the NICE frame with everybody's rave reviews of the MR packs. Bottom line, you state that the Eberlestock Blue widow will carry any load a man is willing to carry in it, and you also state that durability is never an issue with a Eberlestock pack. So tell us prospective buyers what we have to gain by buying a Crewcab or long bow pack, when it appears that everyone is using a NICE frame to carry these MR packs. Why not a Kelty catch hauler or a Cabelas Alaskan frame? Thousands of very happy customers use these. Sounds like the MR packs are not being used much without the NICE frame. I didn't know that the NICE frame was ever in question here..it was whether the load lifters on a crewcab were at the wrong angle. Then guys started saying that the MR packs don't need load lifters. Then I produce info from Kifaru and Badlands and they say load lifters are important. Who is right? Tell me why I should spend twice as much money for a MR crewcab or a long bow, when it looks like you have to have the NICE frame to make these packs usable for your 120-140 # 35 mile hauls.

Also tell me why I need to buy something and use it to determine whether or not the load lifters are at the right angle or whether the pack's suspension is shot at 50-60#, BEFORE I have the right to comment about the pack. Your word, or opinion is not good enough,the other guys that have stated the same on Archerytalk and Bowsite...plus Kifaru and Badlands know nothing about proper load lifter placement. I can't bash or make an opinion about this info? Give me a break. I don't need to know that a Ford Pinto blows up when it is hit from the rear due to poor gas tank placement. Reviews are good enough for me.

Last edited by HardCoreHunter; 06/02/10.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I do stand for many things

1) The "don't use my reviews for you own agenda" campaign

2) The "you need to use it before you bash it" campaign

3) The "lets stop this thread soon" campaign

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
You should go over and read my reviews again.....I posted that the Longbow was good to about 60#'s and then the comfort level drops, but the nice 6500 can handle any load with good comfort.

Don't start trying to turn things around in you favor again.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm guessing the MR crew has a good laugh at this each morning over coffee.....and then back to fillin' orders!

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So you have to have a NICE frame in order to use a MR pack..I got it.More money to get the job done.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by HardCoreHunter
Back to the original content of this thread. You say you are a 120-140# carrying guy. You state the load lifters on the crew cab are not where they should be. You say the long bow's suspension is shot at 50-60 #. Now all of the threads content has gone to the NICE frame with everybody's rave reviews of the MR packs. Bottom line, you state that the Eberlestock Blue widow will carry any load a man is willing to carry in it, and you also state that durability is never an issue with a Eberlestock pack. So tell us prospective buyers what we have to gain by buying a Crewcab or long bow pack, when it appears that everyone is using a NICE frame to carry these MR packs. Why not a Kelty catch hauler or a Cabelas Alaskan frame? Thousands of very happy customers use these. Sounds like the MR packs are not being used much without the NICE frame. I didn't know that the NICE frame was ever in question here..it was whether the load lifters on a crewcab were at the wrong angle. Then guys started saying that the MR packs don't need load lifters. Then I produce info from Kifaru and Badlands and they say load lifters are important. Who is right? Tell me why I should spend twice as much money for a MR crewcab or a long bow, when it looks like you have to have the NICE frame to make these packs usable for your 120-140 # 35 mile hauls.

Do you have any idea about mystery ranch packs? Have you looked at their website? Have you seen one in person? This post shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Your opinion means nothing when you know nothing.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yea, I saw where you changed "shot at 50-60" to "comfort level gone" Same meaning but more sugar coated

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by allheart

Do you have any idea about mystery ranch packs? Have you looked at their website? Have you seen one in person? This post shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Your opinion means nothing when you know nothing.
Could you or someone just answer that post?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yea, I saw where you changed "shot at 50-60" to "comfort level gone" Same meaning but more sugar coated

Everytime you post your integrity deteriorates more and more....give it up.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by allheart

Could you or someone just answer that post?
anyone?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
WOW....I think that is you turning my words to help your own agenda....AGAIN. I will work on typing the EXACT same thing every time.

Back to your question about the packs. If you can't understand my reviews and don't like them....Sorry, but I did my best to keep them informative and positive...for ALL pack companies. You just did not like it when I posted good reviews on MR. Sorry that my review did not fit your agenda, maybe you should go get all of the packs like I did and try them out for yourself and make your own opinions, it would be better then repeating things that you have overheard.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Read my review!! I did answer it. It just was not what you wanted to hear.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ER, I don't care what you say positive or negative about any pack company, let alone MR. You put the info out there, I changed no words, just quoted you and other people's reviews regarding the load lifters on Crewcabs and how unhappy you and other people that owned them are or were till they sold it. Like I stated, don't put it out there if you don't want people to read it. If you have changed your mind, are willing to put up wit the wrong load lifter placement on MR packs, and now they are the best thing since sliced bread for you, I don't care. But why not answer my question a few posts up?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Another question, you sold your Crewcab as it wasn't what you liked and of course the load lifter placement on the pack was substandard for you. Now that you own a NICE frame, any plans on buying another crewcab and using the NICE frame to carry it?

Page 22 of 35 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (35WhelenNut, 7mm_Loco, AB2506, 673, 264mag, 44automag, 16 invisible), 1,014 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,888
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.