Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 35 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 34 35
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I think if you look at the reviews and pics, you will see that the Nice 6500 is the pack I will be using for load hauling......Like I said...read the reviews.

As far as the CC, like I said before, it was not my pack of choice and I like the 6500 much better for load hauling. AGAIN, READ THE REVIEWS.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Harcore,
The NICE frame is set up to use a number of different packs. In a minute's time I can pull my Longbow off, strap the Crewcab on or switch out to the a 6500, 7500, Wolf Alpha... or a Loadsling... or one of the Medic packs or a military radio pack. Then there are severel series of internal framed packs with the frame built into that single pack and can't be switched out. Totally different design, go check out www.mysteryranch.com I think you will see what I am sharing with you and it'll make perfect sense.
I can total understand Elk Reaper's call on the Longbow, I own one. If you load the pack itself with 120 lbs it is beyond what it specifally was designed for and most likely move the load away from your body, of course producing more leverage and torque on frame and your body. The Longbow is in their "light and fast" category and kicks but using it for that. The length of the body of the pack will restrict load distribution, with a 6500 you can more evenly spread the weight the length of your back.
If you are using a Longbow, or any of the packs on the NICE frame for that matter, you can pop the pack free from the frame, use a sling or game bags, you can load the holy hell out of the frame and put clothes sleeping bag etc... into the Longbow and use the longer straps to still secure the bag to the frame. I don't think Reaper ever said anything bad about the NICE suspension/frame, but maybe I missed it, he has a ton of reviews written over at Bowsite and I surely haven't read all of them.
If you are curious you can search Longbow or Crewcab on the Fire and there are a number of pics with the bag disconected from the frame and loads attached to the frame.
Here's the pack fastened down to the frame,
[Linked Image]

Here a couple with meat strapped to the frame and the bag attached with the straps extended. If you look closely you can see there is a large gusset along the top of the bag that the frame nestles into when attached to the frame. The top photo the bag is completely empty and collapsed down. The bottom one he obviously has clothing, tent and sleeping back stuffed in there. Photos compliments Kurt Racicot. This is a NICE frame and Longbow Hybrid pack that Kurt and Seacat were playing with.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If you really want to put your hands on one, send me your address and I will send you an old bag I have and you can check it out. All you need is a NICE frame and you can go load the hell out of it and tell us what you think.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How would one use a CC without a NICE frame?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Whitetail,
You are correct, unless I suppose you wanted to try to strap it some other pack system. I don't think Hardcore realized that the two go together in the fashion that they do. For those who are curious, here is a short video of a Longbow being put on a nice frame, sums it all up in short order...
NICE frame and Longbow pack video

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
ovishunter

The thing that "HardCorHunter" is ranting about is my comment about the load lifters on the Crew Cab. I posted in my review that I like the load lifters at a higher angle and I would not choose the CC for a specific load hauling pack. That is what this whole thing is about.

He has failed to understand anything else I have posted and does not understand that the comment I maid about the CC is MY OPINION and not the gospel. That is just my own preference on load hauling packs. Maybe he should come up with his own opinions and that would stop all of this.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ER, if it was just your opinion that the load lifters on the CC were at the wrong angle for a load hauler, that could be written off as just one guy...BUT, we know that there are many that feel this way and I posted their comments regarding this too. It is just a simple fact that they are less then ideal. No one is ranting, I am just smart enough to know this and you can't piss down my back and tell me it is raining. Now we All know that load lifters are important as to how a load feels and carries. Some of you have chosen not to care about it and just deal with it because you like the MR quality. Good enough. Thanks for the info and offer ovishunter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ovishunter
I don't think Hardcore realized that the two go together in the fashion that they do.

Stunning, given the amount of research claimed...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Now that I know my backback is worthless and flawed (a ford pinto), I might just have to toss it and buy a different kind. Thanks for telling me hardcorehunter, I never would've known. I owe you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take your Longbow...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes,I have known that the Crewcab comes with a NICE frame, BUT, this NICE frame must be a different NICE frame then what comes with the 6500, as the load lifters are not up to par for ER on the CC and they are up to par on the 6500 NICE frame for him; correct? Two different NICE frames are put out by MR?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As usual NO.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No to what?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Same frame

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
No to you having a brain. Sofa King we Todd did.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So how can the CC be substandard for load hauling according to ELK REAPER, but the 6500 be ok? Same frame, same load lifter placement. Sounds like talking out of both sides of the mouth. Either the NICE frame is an excellent load hauler or it isn't. How can a 6500 carry better than a 5000 on the same NICE frame with the same dreaded load lifter placement?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hard Head,

You are not very good at digesting information. Those questions have already been answered here and in Elk Reaper's Bowsite threads. You have an amazing ability to overlook and misunderstand simple information! Why don't you read them over a few more times and if you can't figure it out I will give you the answer tomorrow.

You do a lot of editing too...must be a bad speller!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Since you've never seen one, you wouldn't get it. But then again, I'd bet even if you did..

I'm embarrassed for you. My kids call it "special needs" and it's not something to make fun of in most cases.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have read the reviews, I see no answers to this. Maybe I over looked the answers. maybe you could enlighten me to these answers since they are easily available here and on Bowsite and you can copy and paste for a bad speller like me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My God you are a dense person..45 pages later and you still dont know what the f%%k you are talking about...

There is only one nice frame...
There are different bags that fit the nice frame..
These bags have different lenghts/heights..
The taller the bag the more angle on the "load lifters"

Hardcore you have to shut up!!!!
Dont you realize how stupid you are making yourself look?
This is why you dont give "reviews" on things you dont have expierence with..

I cant believe how hard you try to prove the fact that,,the problem with common sense is the fact that it's really not all that common...

I would imagine all things in your life are very confusing...
One last time, Just walk away.Ok?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
hardcorehunter, (laugh) Why would you need a "load hauler"? Seriously.

Page 23 of 35 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (35WhelenNut, 7mm_Loco, 673, 264mag, 44automag, 450yukon, 18 invisible), 1,011 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,888
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.