Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Many of us admire the legendary Customer Service from RCBS. I hope my recent experience with Redding also interests you. I lost/discarded in error (or something) the Decapping Rod Assembly from my Redding .280 AI FL die. Called their Tech Division and, once we identified the right part, the tech said Redding would cover the cost and shipping. I had taken care to tell him I flat out lost the rod. Very pleasant surprise. Good on Redding!!

Don Boyd

Model 70 Forever
HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don, I have dealt with Redding Customer Service twice over the last 25 or so years; once due to an issue that was their fault (missing part in a die set) and once due to an issue that was my fault (dropped the universal micrometer to my powder measure). Both times the issue was handled the same way you describe - guess it must simply be the way they do business.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have never had a customer service issue with Redding products (a wide variety of which I have been using for over 25 years), so I can't help you. Glad they did right by you--it's what I would have expected.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, I've had similar customer service from Redding. I bent a decapping rod on my 6BR dies (stupid small flash holes). I called them up, offered to pay, and they said "don't worry about it".

Had similar customer service from RCBS and Harris Engineering (bipods). All A++

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Only very positive experiences for me as well.

Great company to deal with.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a set of Redding dies last summer that were assembled incorrectly. I've forgotten now exactly what the issue was, but I called them and it was taken care of quickly and easily enough. RCBS and Lyman have been absolutely great anytime I've needed anything from them.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's interesting to read all of these posts. Mirrors my own experience with the few times I've needed small reloading parts with manufactors. What's interesting is the glowing reports we see on RCBS/Dillon from green and blue Kool-Aid drinkers with no concept of how good they all are! wink

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
funny now that i think of it. i have a small fortune tied up in Redding stuff, the oldest is a Match Grade powder measure i bought over 30 years ago, but the only time i've had to contact Redding CS was to order a custom die set, and it was very pleasant and informative.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
M
MZ5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've only talked to Redding once about a part. It wasn't broken nor missing, it just wasn't included as part of the trimmer kit I bought. They simply sent it to me, no charge!

I have spoken with them at some length when I've had some difficulty getting some brass to size properly also. Again, not an issue with their products at all, I just needed some help/input/suggestions on what might be wrong and how to deal with it. They were very helpful and pleasant to deal with. I like those guys (and of course they make great tools, too)!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I've never broke anything Redding, use a LOT of it, but haven't ever needed their CS.....

MagMarc just had a chamber size issue with a Redding Weatherby die, and IIRC Redding did him right as well.

Even called him on the phone to ask for fired cases, and make sure they were going to fix the die to his satisfaction......

[Linked Image]
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Redding is #1 in customer service IMO.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The guy behind Redding, Richard Beebe, is a genuine good guy as is reflected by his company. Also a fine hunter.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by wildswalker
I've never broke anything Redding, use a LOT of it, but haven't ever needed their CS.....

MagMarc just had a chamber size issue with a Redding Weatherby die, and IIRC Redding did him right as well.

Even called him on the phone to ask for fired cases, and make sure they were going to fix the die to his satisfaction......

And they fixed it right. I'm very pleased with their customer service.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

217 members (257 mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 257 roberts, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,620 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,332
Posts18,505,938
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.