Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh what an absolutely COOOOOL rifle! I want one!!!! jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Oh what an absolutely COOOOOL rifle! I want one!!!! jorge

Which one? Osa's Mauser or the Winchester 1895 that I recently purchased? [Linked Image]

Well, regardless, here's some photos that I took of the Model 1895 that I recently purchased:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://www.lone-star-armory.com/photos/win405/osa-405-myscan-640x640.jpg[/img]

I still haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. frown

Cheers!
-Bob F. smile

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cmg
Doug,

Bob was thinking about coating said rifle. Perhaps you could give him professional assistance.

A good coating, along with a McSwirly (ask Steelhead for colour sceme) and a re - barrel to .375 Ruger it would be good to go.

Oh, not to forget drill/tab, and 20 MOA Pic-Base and Nichtforce 2,5-10x24 scope to get you out to 500 meters (just as the folding blades, just tacticool).

Would need a sidesafety with the timmney trigger...

[Linked Image]

Cheers! [Linked Image]
-Bob F.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rosco1
Have you shot it yet? If not, you are much more patient than I am.

No, I haven't shot it yet. I keep meaning to take it to the rifle range but I just haven't found the time to yet. Also, I want a friend of mine to go with me so she can take a couple of photos of me shooting it but our schedules just haven't worked out so far. But, I will shoot it when I get the chance and I will post some pics on here of me shooting it. Of course, she will also get a chance to shoot it. I'd bet that she will probably be the first female to shoot Osa's Mauser since Osa! smile

[Linked Image]

She likes to shoot her pistols but she's never shot a centerfire rifle before. Shooting Osa's Mauser wouldn't be a bad way for her to start!

Cheers!
-Bob F. smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well both! but I just saw that 405 and I just have to have one now!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bob Bob Bob
Do you intentionally try to drive us crazy with your classic rifles, or is it just a by product of your good fortune and contacts.

In awe and with jealousy
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Well both! but I just saw that 405 and I just have to have one now!

Jorge,

I can tell that you're a gentleman of very discriminating taste! smile I guess it really is true that great minds do think alike! grin

Yeah, there's just something about a Winchester Model 1895 (whether original or recent production) that is rather appealing, IMHO, especially when chambered in .405 Winchester. I'm not much of a lever action rifle kind of guy but 1895 rifles just "trip my trigger" for some reason.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cheers!
-Bob F. smile

R
R
Well I just read all of this and had to go dig into my books. Sure enough there was the brown zebra pattern hard cover of "I married adventure". It was published in 1940 and said seventh impression (which I think means seventh printing). It leads to to the question, What are the new books "impression"? That was 70 years ago!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by medicman
Bob Bob Bob
Do you intentionally try to drive us crazy with your classic rifles,...

Nah! grin It's just fun to share "stuff" with others!

All kidding aside, this thread has been a lot of fun for me. I'm just happy and pleased if some of my fellow Campfire members have also gotten some enjoyment from it.

Cheers! [Linked Image]
-Bob F.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Originally Posted by cmg
Doug,

Bob was thinking about coating said rifle. Perhaps you could give him professional assistance.

A good coating, along with a McSwirly (ask Steelhead for colour sceme) and a re - barrel to .375 Ruger it would be good to go.

Oh, not to forget drill/tab, and 20 MOA Pic-Base and Nichtforce 2,5-10x24 scope to get you out to 500 meters (just as the folding blades, just tacticool).

Would need a sidesafety with the timmney trigger...

[Linked Image]

Cheers! [Linked Image]
-Bob F.

No problem on my end doing the work. I just hope Bob and I can still hunt and get on the campfire while we're in the Witness Protection Program. I think it would be our only chance of survival and rightly so.

Doug Burche
Gun coating with Dyna Coat and CeraKote
Dyna Bore Coat,Because barrel cleaning SUCKS.
www.dynamicfinishes.com
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Doug_Burche
No problem on my end doing the work. I just hope Bob and I can still hunt and get on the campfire while we're in the Witness Protection Program. I think it would be our only chance of survival and rightly so.

[Linked Image]

-Bob F. grin grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the old ones, whether Mauser, Husqvarna or Winchester, and whether they are truly old or modern repro's of them.

Here's the M95 version I have, though technically mine is a different number. Had the pic taken when we were getting them built by Winchester; this one ended up bought by a co-worker. We had 100 built, to celebrate 100 years of the Tongass National Forest:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It shoots pretty well, and I like it for a whole set of reasons.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the kind words Bob and I did look at the link you sent me, but YOUR 405's color case hardening sealed the deal for me! I just HAVE to find one like that now so if you come across one, let me know!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muledeer
I like the old ones, whether Mauser, Husqvarna or Winchester, and whether they are truly old or modern repro's of them.

Here's the M95 version I have, though technically mine is a different number. Had the pic taken when we were getting them built by Winchester; this one ended up bought by a co-worker. We had 100 built, to celebrate 100 years of the Tongass National Forest:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It shoots pretty well, and I like it for a whole set of reasons.

Dennis

That is one gorgeous rifle. cool

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
That is one gorgeous rifle. cool

+1 !!! [Linked Image]

"The Alexander Archipelago Forest Reserve was established by Theodore Roosevelt in a presidential proclamation of 20 August 1902. Another presidential proclamation made by Roosevelt, on 10 September 1907, created the Tongass National Forest. On 1 July 1908, the two forests were joined, with the combined forest area encompassing most of southeast Alaska. Further presidential proclamations of 16 February 1909 (in the last months of the Roosevelt administration) and 10 June, and in 1925 (by Calvin Coolidge) expanded the National Forest."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongass_National_Forest

Cheers! [Linked Image]
-Bob F.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Read your comments and thought you might like it, and others like it as well smile. Glad you all do...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Currently fishing and scouting for this Fall's elk here in Colorado. Leaving in the morning for a trip backto Texas thru Kansas. HOPING to stop at the Johnson museum tomorrow!!!!

Kaywoodie

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Currently fishing and scouting for this Fall's elk here in Colorado. Leaving in the morning for a trip backto Texas thru Kansas. HOPING to stop at the Johnson museum tomorrow!!!!

I hope you get a chance to stop at the museum. The museum is small, so try not to be too disappointed, but it's worth a visit. I hope you take some photos and post some on here!

Cheers!
-Bob F.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hope this isn't out of line, but thought some might be interested in more .405 photo's.

This one is of a gal at the SCI Ozark chapter event the 26th of June this year shooting my son's .405 Take Down.

[Linked Image]

She also shot my model 70's in .375 H&H, .416 Remington, and .458 Winchester. She also shot my unfinished .416 Taylor Czech BRNO with the military stock and steel butt plate, and my wife's .500 Linebaugh.

All rifle rounds were loaded with cast bullets running around 2,150 to 2,200 fps and the Linebaugh's were going about 850 with a 450 grain bullet so the recoil wasn't too bad for any of them.

We thought of the Safari Museum when we reach Nebraska going back home, dang it. I watch Simba once or twice a year.

This photo is of my son Tyler shooting the unfinished Taylor.

[Linked Image]

This is Tyler a couple of years ago with a turkey he took with the .405.

[Linked Image]

He took this deer the same day about two hours after the turkey.

[Linked Image]

Both kills were running shots which I got a kick out of. Both dropped like a rock. The .405 could have been a bit hard on the turkey but the shot was low so it didn't do too bad. Wish I'da had a video camera with me to capture it all on the move, but at least I had the still photos.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well Bob like my wife says, you are a bad influence. Picked this one up today for a decent price:

[Linked Image]

Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (06hunter59, 160user, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 53 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,518
Posts18,472,519
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.