Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I know what you mean, Honda. Last week I was having having dinner with my wife and while she meant to say 'please pass the salt', she instead said 'you ruined my life you miserable frikken prick!'

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rnr
Originally Posted by lhonda
Originally Posted by rnr
Okusan wa Nihon no hito desu ka? Bikkurishita, kedo ii desu yo.

Hai, kanojo wa nihon jin desu. Boku wa san sei desu. Anata wa?

Ie. Beikokujin desu. Mae ni, senkyoshi deshita. Sanju nen mae. smirk Takusan no 24hr no hito to onaji, boku wa... mo toshi yori desu.

Toshiyori dewa naku. Keikensha desuyo! wink Kore kara mo yoroshiku.

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Apologies for the usage of foreign tongue to others. No disrespect meant--I find it annoying and exceedingly rude when in company others start speaking a language only they understand. Makes me suspicious. wink RNR and I just exchanged a couple pleasantries and queries about my wife and his time in Japan and whatnot. He then went on to say that like many others here, he's an old man. I told him, "not old. Experienced!"

wink

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Honda I appreciate the translation, it shows character, I too find it rude when others speak in a language only they understand. Thanks and good thread.

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
I know what you mean, Honda. Last week I was having having dinner with my wife and while she meant to say 'please pass the salt', she instead said 'you ruined my life you miserable frikken prick!'

You owe me 75 cents. And I was really enjoying that sip of Jack, too! Bastage...

grin

IC B2

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The first time I brought Airi to the White Mountains, before we were married, I took her out of the cabin and on a drive at dusk. I wanted to find moose, without telling her so. Upon coming across a mature cow, one she didn't see at first as I slid up to her at around 30 feet off our starboard/passenger side, she pointed and squealed "OH MY GOD, IT'S ONE OF THOSE WILD LONG-FACED HORSES!"

I damn near ran the truck off into a ditch I was howling so badly.

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by podunkkennels
Honda I appreciate the translation, it shows character, I too find it rude when others speak in a language only they understand. Thanks and good thread.

You got it, and thanks.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

That's different. That's called a Freudian Slip.
You're welcome. grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Yeah,I know BB but I didn't want to get all technical in Honda's thread.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 5sdad
My wife (Karen Anne) has the same talent as Ken's Carol Anne. One that has been a family treasure for many years was her referring to a llama as a "beaden of burst".

Ah, I recognize the phrase. The Rolling Stones on their LP 'Some Girls' has a number with that same title. "I'll never be your beaden of burstin...."

But I date myself.

smile

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by podunkkennels

Translation, tehe.

An uncle and I drove down to the city few years back for some Christmas shopping. Walking through the mall, just kinda puttering, we decided to go upstairs. At the top was a batch of oriental kids, late teens early 20's or so, rattling away at each other. One was on each side of the stairs and passers by had no choice but to walk between them. They were all dressed and acted like they thought they were tough or something and the way they were looking at people passing, and then laughing about whatever they said, suggested what their words weren't nice. The one on my side kinda gave me a scowl while rattling away in his native tongue as I got there. I stopped, turned towards him and waited til the end of his sentence then bent down to his level looking him in the eyes and said in a loud voice "You do and you're gonna clean it up!"
My uncle about busted a gut laughing.
But once outside told me I was nuts. "Who knows what they're packing or how violent they may get. And we was outnumbered by quite a margin."
He's prolly right, but it was still funny.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=5sdad]
But I date myself.

smile

grin Yeah, yer gonna have to while yer Hunney is away grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
[quote=5sdad]
But I date myself.

smile

grin Yeah, yer gonna have to while yer Hunney is away grin

Oh, no. The comedians of the lot are making their presence known!

I like it, by the way. You're going to be here all week, I assume? I'll have my rimshot sound effect ready to roll shortly. Ba DUM DUM!

wink

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

A co-worker friend does that kinda stuff ALL the time.

The other day he was talking about some girl who was getting mad by some persistent advances by some guy.

He summarised by declaring ... "She sure got muffed!"

I think he meant ... "miffed".

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I used to work with a guy who insisyed he had a photgenic memory.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinWell it wuz like seein' a sign on yer back that says "kick me" grin Ya left that door WIDE open!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I billed trucks at Wilson's, the nice, old guy in traffic would often ask me to hand him one of the "vanilla" folders. There was also an old-fashioned atomizer for neutralizing odors that would follow folks out from the men's room into the work area. He would refer to it as the "itemized sprayer".

Another old fellow who snuck off one week-end without giving me advanced notice (miss him terribly) used to cuss about those "multiple roses" (multiflora roses) in the timber.

Perhaps the most humorous and most frequent error is people constantly referring to the Chicago Cubs as a "major league baseball team".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
lhonda Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That last one was brilliant. Cruel, but brilliant!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"AB,CDB?"
"O,MNOB!"
"O,SMR! CMINU?"

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.