Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E
Well, I have been a mod on the Euopean Forum of AR for a few years now, and I have another persepctive of the place.

I know some of Don's politics and they are not what people here think. He does however go out of his way to wind-up the ultra right wing wack jobs who post on the Political Forum. Its kinda of got to be an "in joke"..

As for Saeed, while he critical of many American polices, and he will say so regardless of whether its a Dem or a Republican in the Whitehouse, there is no way he condones terrorism. Nor does he hate Americans or even American troops.

In fact one of the guys was laying on bbq's and beers at his own place for Troops that were transiting a near-by camp on the way to the Gulf...IIRC he was an ex soldier himself and was doing this off his own back with not fanfare.

Evetually the story came out on AR (I think another members son was one of the soldiers concerned)and a few people offered to throw in a contribution to show support..Saeed was one of those folks and I believe it was quite generous, but it was done in a quiet, low key manner.

Also consider this, where else do you have a Jew and a Muslim who are such good friends and who lay on a site like AR for a membership that is probably 80% American?

As long as you stay away from insulting either Don's or Saeed's religion, you have to work at being banned, especially simply for comments made in the Political Forum.

Get disruptive on the rest of the site and they are less tolerant, which seems a fair enough policy for me..

Pete, that's been my experience as well. I don't go into the 'Ignorance Crater' (Politic Forum) much, but when I do I know what to expect. Most of was Saeed posts (or most others) on there it akin to a kid rattling stick around in a bee hive.

And to parrot others, it simply has the best African forum on the net.

Carpe' Scrotum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

your last post?

Posted 19 February 2007 19:48 t
jeffe, maybe you could sub-contract them out to someone that knows what the [bleep] they are doing

Originally posted by jimmyd223:
jeffe, maybe you could sub-contract them out to someone that knows what the [bleep] they are doing rotflmo

Maybe you could behave like a member who wants to stay on this site and if you have nothing knowledgeable to add to the discussion, go have a beer.

I'm tired of your [bleep] attitude and snide posts. If you have no respect for our management, go play elsewhere.

Take this as your last warning Jimmy.

Don

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djs
[Maybe the queer administrator is a conservative "Log Cabin Republican" and not liberal at all.

You couldn't be more wrong. Don is an avowed liberal democrap. I've been a member over there since 01 although I strictly limit myself to the African, reloading and gunsmithing threads and in that regard it is the best Africa-centric forum on the net. Also some of the country's most renowned gunsmiths also reside there.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have been there for a while and bought stuff off of arbay.
Never had a problem,of course there are some people that have to be right even if they don't know what they are talking about.
That said the crater is not bad,to read the other sides point of view is not a bad thing.
Don is a good guy even if I don't agree with everything that he does and so far as the owner its his pony and that pretty much gives him the right to say whats on his mind.
Just my exp.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by fluffy
I suppose it like some people love rem 700's and some 98 mausers,some love ford or chevies,etc.

No telling about taste.Some folks like the ViQueens!!! crazy

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I refuse to patronize that site.....was on it for about four days before that raghead commie [bleep] bastard banned me.

wouldn't buy anything from his advertisers either.

Nice. Wish I would've said it first.

That AR has no advertisers makes me think that some posters haven't given their thoughts due diligence. Either know what you are talking about, otherwise don't expect to be taken seriously.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep, sure wouldn't say anything about the religion of peace thats for sure.........................

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
let;s see... AR does not have, nor has ever had advertising.

The political forum is not for the thin-skinned (armor plating is often not enough)

as an equal member of both, i wonder if i'm on the right AR site after some of the comments here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've read over there for years now. I've never once looked at the political forum. I tend to stick to the gunsmithing forum and to be honest there are some gunsmiths who post regularly there with build threads/pics that build absoulte masterpiece quality work from bolt guns to double rifles etc...that's the only reason I peek in from time to time.

Otto is my co-pilot.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by fluffy

I'm tired of your [bleep] attitude and snide posts. If you have no respect for our management, go play elsewhere.

Don

And THAT is a big part of what drove me out of there.

Most of the posters are about like most of the posters here. Heck, a lot of them ARE the same guys as here.

It was some of the moderators "management" attitudes, like this, that got to be overbearing.

You didn't need to have a "[bleep] attitude", just an opinion different from theirs.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NathanL
I've read over there for years now. I've never once looked at the political forum. I tend to stick to the gunsmithing forum and to be honest there are some gunsmiths who post regularly there with build threads/pics that build absoulte masterpiece quality work from bolt guns to double rifles etc...that's the only reason I peek in from time to time.

And you only look at Playboy for the articles. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Maybe you could behave like a member who wants to stay on this site and if you have nothing knowledgeable to add to the discussion, go have a beer.

Don

Seriously that is the lamest thing I have ever seen posted by any MOD, on any site, ever...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Never been on that site before, but followed a link there 20 minutes ago trying to find some info on something. Opened the politics board there and was absolutely astonished that a hunting site of that apparent size has an Admin who's a flaming queer liberal.

It's one thing to have a few wacko liberals sprinkled amongst us here, they're easy to ignore and provide good cannon fodder, but at least they're not running the show.

It could be worse. You could be on the 'texas hunting forum' and have to deal with the obama want to be moderators there. Every other week they have to add another rule to their long list of rules. I made a not so endearing remark about the passing of Robt. Byrd and it seems he is one of the moderators 'fantasies'. There was no cussing in my post or demeaning photos, but DELETED. Finally would not take it anymore, so..

"Your account has been banned or locked. This is a permanent ban. If the Administrator has specified a reason for this ban, you will find it below."

grin

BP...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uhhh... Unless it was removed there is no "texas hunting forum" on AR.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's prob talking about a completely different board.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by teal
He's prob talking about a completely different board.

Correct. Sorry for the confusion.

BP...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks! Sorry for the confusion.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Confusion is good. Make sure the enemy is more confused than you.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Well, I said it before[a few pages back], and I'll say it again. Stay out of the political forum, and use AR for a wealth of info, particularly about african hunting and big bore rifles. You boys that got yer feelings hurt over there are dealing with some sorry azz pros. It ain't worth the effort! Don't know of too many that got kicked off there, in the other forums, unless they were a certifiable jerk azz.

maddog

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Wow you guys are easily worked up. I must agree with the poster who is thankful the founding fathers added the Bill of Rights. I hope you guys aren't politically active, you're sure enough to be dead weight in the battles of gun rights and conservative ideals. One must be a real douche bag to get banned over there grin

I prefer AR simply because purple plastic stocked Remingtons don't interest me, fine if others like them I just prefer something a bit more artistic like wood and blued steel. The politcal forum there serves the same purpose as the campfire here that being to collect the trash keeping the rest of the place somewhat clean.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,412
Posts18,489,030
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.