-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, he apparently did upgrade to a Barska from a BSA....

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My writing skills are not the best, but wvhunter makes me look like Mark [bleep] Twain! Lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I second that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slg888
My writing skills are not the best, but wvhunter makes me look like Mark [bleep] Twain! Lol

He makes Dexter Manley look like a Rhodes Scholar

Drum

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is some more washington deer I got the muley on the left, my brother got the muley on the right both were taken near the 6000 ft elevation about 100 yrds apart his on opening day mine on the last day. We hiked in 3 miles. My brother got the whitetail on the right 100 yrds from the road while squating with his pants down. My brother inlaw got the one on the left. All 4 were taken on national forest land. Not hand feed like someone we know that started this thread.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 264wm; 08/04/10.
IC B2

I am a Texas Deer Hunter. WVhunter has slandered many Texans.

As an adult, I started hunting regularly in 1968. On, I had been carried on hunts with my father and uncles out San Saba, Sonora and points west as a teenager. Over the years, I have hunted from the Red River/Okla border, to the Mexican Border past Uvalde, never hunted in the Big Bend area...but did hunt 10 yrs ago in Washington State with my brother-in-law. I have taken easy deer in Central Texas where feeders are real common and done the Piney Woods of East Texas...and Louisiana where the trees are so thick 20 yds is a long shot. And one hunt in the mountains of Ark...but did not get anything but leg cramps!

The easiest deer I ever took, was near Lampasas, TX...my cousin was taking hay to some cattle on a ranch, and we pulled in the gate...he says there's one! I looked around and said where? He pointed over a big cultivated field and there was a deer at the fence line. I did not bring a rifle and thought that it really was too far to shoot anyway. He pulls out a .257 Weatherby and says shoot it! I asked how much hold over he says...none, just shoot it!

LOL anyway the Lazer said it was 457 yds, but a back pack over the hood and bang...meat in the freezer. But the rest of my deer took some work, shot some on the ground, some out of a tree and some out of a stand. In 42 years, I have never hunted a game ranch. All of that can not just be attributed to just dumb luck.

I have walked every bit of 1,500 acres, sat on tree stumps in the woods. I have hunted in 10 degrees and 90 degrees, my one longest carry out was 1 mile. Shot some on the river, some on the cliffs, some in the arroyos...and I consider myself a light-duty, weekend hunter. Some of you guys put me to shame!

I respect other hunters, some of us work really hard to get those special deer. I only have one shoulder mount, but I kept all the smaller racks in my shed. Wife made me take the mount off the wall and hang it in the shed, she was tired of dusting it. I now never take more than two deer a season, just meat for the freezer and give some to the neighbors. With what hogs I shoot, there is not a lot of extra room.

I go for the joy of the hunt, the time in the field, and for the meat...all my kids hit me up for venison. What is wrong with that? I pick my rifle to fit the terrain, lately been shooting a .270 Win. 70 over the fields and a .35 Rem in the woods.

I reload, and practice...only lost one deer in all these years, because I took a stupid long range shot, hit the deer and when I finally got where he was...he was long gone. I won't do that any more, either. I respect the deer, have my do's and don'ts, and pretty much mind my business...hold my tounge around other folks.

You hunt deer, we are allies. I don't care for poachers, or slob hunters that trespass or shoot from public roads. Tick me off and we will have a conversation...but I don't argue, it avails nothing. But I would like to set down with WV.

All the best!

23 John replied in the words of Isaiah:

�I am a voice shouting in the wilderness,
�Prepare a straight pathway for the Lord�s coming!� �
Holy Bible, New Living Translation, (Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.) 1996.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Question:

What if you fly a Texas Farm Buck up to the mountains of W.Va. and then shoot him?

Will that deer count as a real mountain buck?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JM: The TFB will, of course, be smarter than the RMB. Because he will not have lived his entire life on one "mountain" in WV. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm thinking that applies to people as well...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

LMAO here......that's priceless.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by huntsonora

He makes Dexter Manley look like a Rhodes Scholar

Drum

laugh

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
looks like our wv friend has other problems besides being a jackazz.

beware wvhunter

Last edited by fluffy; 08/26/10.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
try couse hunting in az. now thats a challenge

One who is a vegetarian is not living life too the fullest.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Apparently, the most difficult thing to hunt down is wvhunter after he's pocketed your cash and not sent you what you paid for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparently wvhunter puts a $70 value on his reputation, such as it is.
Luckily there are very few people who frequent these forums who exhibit the lack of intelligence and integrity that Mr. Brice (his real name) does.

He will likely never make another appearance here since he's been called out as a thief as well as an azzhole.
We are all the better for it if he's gone from here forever.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Plenty of reasons that a guy can disappear for a week or three. Personally, I'd give it more time before I'd label anyone a thief.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you go back through this thread and read all (8?) WVHunter's posts, you'll see that his whole intention is to merely get folks riled. All of his posts say the same things. I don't know if someone realized that and posted something similar to this post (as I didn't read every post) but after about his 2nd. or 3rd. he should have just been ignored. I'd be willing to bet that someone of his questionable character based on his obvious need for attention even hunts at all; you're not surrounded by folks to rile when your alone clinging to the side of a rocky crag by nothing more than your bleeding fingernails in search of that extremely elusive monster West Virginia mountain buck.
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I maybe a farmer, but I'm no ignorant one! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Idiot.

I'm Kev

<---He's Grady. Australian Shepherd... aka. Super-G.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Kevnbro
I'd be willing to bet that someone of his questionable character based on his obvious need for attention even hunts at all;

Unfortunately, the woods are filled with people who believe that their way of hunting is the cat's ass, and anyone with a "lesser" method isn't a hunter at all. And lot's of 'em are willing to brag on the internet about their style of hunting.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
One thing I don't believe Mr. WVHunter ever shared or proved was how successful a hunter he is. Hunting and hunting success are two different animals.

I'm Kev

<---He's Grady. Australian Shepherd... aka. Super-G.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Smokepole, read the posted link in fluffy's post above and see if you feel wvhunter is anything other than a thief.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,330
Posts18,487,557
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.