Hop To
Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by cmg
I agree.

FORUM RULES

1] Please be respectful of other posters at all times. The ability to refrain from personal attacks, obscenities, and flame wars is a minimum requirement for a log at the Campfire.

Says it all right there.

No reason to have two sets of value for real life and internet, IMHO.

Really, so you agree with being respectful to folks that condone murder of innocents? How about if someone posted about diddling kids, you'd be respectful of that also.

There ain't two sets of standards, but of course some don't stand for anything away from the net either.

Steelhead,

your logic is twisted. I am sure your grasp of the english language is stronger than mine.

Disagreement with a post, even very strong disagreement, need not be, and accourding to forum rules, must not be profane or disrespectful.

Note this here mine reply.

I detest your twisting my words, yet reply respectful to you.

I am the one rallying for recognition of real world standards on the net. You twist it around.

I say:

"Don't type on the net something decency and good upbringing would keep you from saying at a dinner at your friends house to the same guy."

That non withstanding, I realize, what you mean on your example quoted. I strongly disapprove.

The man is no longer here - I wonder, why that is.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can figger he is looking for a dictionary to learn to say ; " blow me " in German .

He has been posting here for eight years and ain't changed one little bit .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guessing Washington D.C. was pretty friendly about 200 years ago.

I'm not talking about the political stuff going on here. There's lots of reasons to get fired up nowadays. I've just seen it spill over into other areas or topics of discussion.

There was a time, when the self moderating aspect of the fire, had a stronger influence. It made for a friendlier and more tolerent place.

Understand, I'm not whining, I'm only voicing an observation. That's it. Nothing more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The campfire has changed - as you say .

Scott ain't changed .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm not discussing the politic side of it either. Fact is towns with a population of 2,000 tend to be more friendly than towns with a population of 200,000.

As a place grows so does the number of idiots and idiots begin to beget idiots and so it goes.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by curdog4570
You can figger he is looking for a dictionary to learn to say ; " blow me " in German .

He has been posting here for eight years and ain't changed one little bit .

Would be "Leck mich am Arsch!".

Always here to help out. smile

Heck, I don't see the need for Steelhead changing, either. Fat chance, anyways.

smile

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
+1 Steelhead!

and

We don't need no stinkn' moderators!

John

NRA Benefactor
Lifetime-Texas State Rifle Assoc.
Lifetime-American Motorcycle Assoc.
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Assoc.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
This thread proved useful after all. My German Prof.never taught me some of the more useful phrases.

One more for my foreign profanity banks.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
been some real heated stuff lately.....do know i took a minority positioned compared to most here and Middlefork_Miner called someone that was on the same basic side of me a hell of a chitty name that i have to imagine included me.....still wouldnt hesitate to buy the [bleep] a beer should we ever meet up.....some ppl get worked up bout certain subjects and get damn pissed bout stuff and names get called.....big [bleep] deal....had punches thrown at me for less.....

cant imagine being worked up to bad over this chit, as Bristoe says "its just the innanet".....very few ppl on this forum i wouldnt care to meet in person.....very few i wouldnt be the first to extend my hand and buy them a beer....been at enough real campfires to know chit gets heated, names get called and if you do something dumb that chit gets brought up often and you get chit.....but at the end of the night your still hanging out with everyone drinking beer....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Schlag mich

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by NH K9
This thread proved useful after all. My German Prof.never taught me some of the more useful phrases.

George

He's a little off on his German, go figure.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not discussing the politic side of it either. Fact is towns with a population of 2,000 tend to be more friendly than towns with a population of 200,000.

As a place grows so does the number of idiots and idiots begin to beget idiots and so it goes.

Scott,

When I first starting reading the fire you were still in Flippant and on your way north to Gibb.

What's that mean. I dunno.

The I joined up to beget the following of more idiots. laugh

In short sentences you spew forth volumes of wisdom. I applaud you, Sir. laugh laugh laugh

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by fish head

Scott,

When I first starting reading the fire you were still in Flippant and on your way north to Gibb.

What's that mean. I dunno.

The I joined up to beget the following of more idiots. laugh

In short sentences you spew forth volumes of wisdom. I applaud you, Sir. laugh laugh laugh

It's better than long crying posts that don't have a lick of palatability...

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

It's better than long crying posts that don't have a lick of palatability...

Kent

Are you talking about me? laugh laugh laugh

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I would also add that with that growth also came a large number of GOOD folks.

Unfortunately it's the idiots that occupy the preponderance of time. I know in 26 years of military service that about 1% of the people occupy 99% of your time. But the good aren't forgotten nor neglected.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH K9

George
laugh I had an Italian professor who enjoyed slipping the occasional piece of Italian profanity into her lessons.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Haven't read all your posts... probably not... never been partial to fish head soup though... how palatable do you think you'd be filleted, just ask'n.

Kent

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
crazy The true personality (or lack of) is revealed when it is induced by alcohol. Internet postings also seem to reveal the true person. Some are fully disclosed when they post in a drug alcohol stupor. Some need no alcohol as they suffer from a natural stupor. If it wasnt for the alcohol and stupid, the fire would be pretty boring.

We have a moderator (Rick) also chairman of the board. Appears to be doing an excellent job without our help. Rick thanks for the cross-section exposure of America. GW grin

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Haven't read all your posts... probably not... never been partial to fish head soup though... how palatable do you think you'd be filleted, just ask'n.

Kent

Well......................

I'd have to make a guess and everytime I make guess here I get yelled at. cry

Never tried to eat myself but I imagine I've left a bad taste in a few people's mouths. grin

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Profanity is in the context... 'blow me' is metaphorical, as are most adjectives. Those of us that work in certain environments understand the language and when to be aghast at the 'profane' and when not to.

I'm headed to get lunch for the crew, what'cha want?

A, M^%&*(((Fer^& Burger and SH*^&--breath fry with a large Cu$%*#@t soda.

rodger that...

Kent

Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (264mag, 673, 44automag, 7mm_Loco, AB2506, 450yukon, 17 invisible), 1,154 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,881
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.