Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
SU35 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Are you going to deny you saw where we hunted and then told us you were going to be up there as a result of seeing where we hunted?
Sure enough, you showed up.

I personally could never do that. My ethics would never allow it.
Then I try to throw you off by giving you a line about a bus driver which I thought was funny and you take it personal. You're weird.

You have no ethics and that's proven by the way you have acted here.

You prey on hunters and have a reputation for beating down anyone who defies you in any way. Going to extremes to do it.

I'll say it again,

Only in your sick psychotic mind can you make this crap up.
I have never meet anyone like you who has a gift for twisting the truth into a lie like you do.
Talking to you is like talking to someone possessed. I'm sure I am.

I'm going to put you on ignore now Allen.
You have demonstrated time and again that you
are not worth listening to, nor wasting time
arguing with.

You got what you what you wanted on this post when you showed up to trash me.
You had an axe to grind from last year.
If you think you hurt me by giving away a hunting spot I'm sorry to tell you I have others and I can assure you I won't be posting about here.
Beast like yourself prey on that stuff.

Edited to add

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Last edited by SU35; 08/21/10.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
SU35,

Still attempting to perpetuate your web of lies I see.

Are you going to deny you saw where we hunted and then told us you were going to be up there as a result of seeing where we hunted?
Sure enough, you showed up. - SU35

Here's a couple clues jackass...

1) ANYONE that can read a map can clearly see that the Castle Creek drainage (our destination all along) isn't anywhere near where you hunt around Holden Lake or Martin Ridge. You know, the spot up the cup-cake trail from Holden that visitors day hike up to with their wives and little kids. Epic 15 miles?...hardly. Am I going to deny I saw where you hunted? Hell no! The whole freakin' world was able to see where you hunted thanks to all the chest-beating pics you posted, not once but two years in a row, even though Chuck begged you not to. What a moron! You really are an awesome and totally trustworthy hunting partner. Not.

2) The fact that there are some pretty decent bucks that come out of that whole Chelan country...is...not...a...secret. Me, my hunting partner, and thousands of others that can read the printed word, know how to read maps, and understand the behaviors and habits of mule deer have known that for a long, long time. Am I going to deny we rode the boat up Chelan and then rode the bus up past the switchbacks part way to begin bushwacking up into some completely different drainage systems that were miles from your cupcake camp at Holden Lake? Of course not. We had to do that to get into the drainage we were planning to glass and hunt. Are you really that much of a self-absorbed prick to think that we or anyone else would want to hunt with your dumb ass? Geezus, you are a freakin' moron!

Good luck truthfully denying you hunted up there you lying freakin' jackass.

And by the way, have a nice day and and even nicer trip up there to Holden again this year. Should be a real comfortable bus ride.

Allen

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
Progressive Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.

J
J
Bushcraft (Allen),

You are a piece of work! Listing specific basins, areas, and eastings and northings is about as low as you can go and gives hint to the kind of charachter or man you are.

You were crying in the post last year about them running your name through the mud. They really didn't have to do anything. the train wreck that you are on here is/was good enough.

I have followed the posts from the time that charlie and bob killed their big buck in '08. Yeah I have a copy of their pictures on my computer, yeah I know where it is. The difference is I would never go there and I would NEVER lay it out for everyone on the net to see.

"Tuff" informed me on some of the behind the scenes and the way bushcraft explains it is incorrect.

Last edited by JPhelps; 08/21/10.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What can I say, I guess you were lied to as well.

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
And no, lying about what someone else did to make yourself look better is as low as you can go.

IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
So how does these Propper built packs compare to the quality of the Arcteryx Bora packs that they are almost an identical twin of and designed by?

The reason I ask is because I see a lot of these things on ebay and many of them have blown out zippers etc. So is it a case of the military being harder on them than the average backpacker/hiker, or is it that the design was bought and sold to Propper and corners were cut to make a cheaper priced end product for the contract.

As to the ability to carry a 100+ lbs I have no doubt the ILBE version if a full copy of the Bora isn't ideal for it. The Bora was always listed as ideal to carry up to about 60-70lbs and that's it. Propper may list them as up to 120 lbs but if the design is the same it's probably more of a "Well for an enlisted man it's good enough for 120lbs" but not ideal.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
This might be a stupid question, but..

Can you guys post your best bucks you've taken in the high buck hunt? I'm curious what kind of specimens these are to cause such a stir.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Meanwhile, back on topic....

I have a Kifaru long hunter and a Kifaru G2 MMR, and the IBLE pack.

The MMR G2 rides the best for me ($500+), and the Long hunter G1($500+ as well) is second, but the IBLE is very useable and pretty sweet considering I paid $165 delivered on E-Bay.

I was going to take either the MMR or IBLE on a recent canoe 54 miler on Ross Lake in the Cascades, but the scouts dumped the long hike portion to save a day. So, I'll have to schlep them up hills in the local area to determine which one I'll hunt with prior to the season this year.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That's a great buy David. I'm looking forward to your review.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I suspect that you are right Toddm. The military guys are naturally going to be harder on their gear than the average joe backpacker that babies his pack and reasonably expects it to last for years and years.

I think you are spot on with regard to your thoughts in your last paragraph too.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bushcraft
I suspect that you are right Toddm. The military guys are naturally going to be harder on their gear than the average joe backpacker that babies his pack and reasonably expects it to last for years and years.

You should see the difference in the way we treated weapons. I would never take a sako 75 or pre 64 Winchester and strap a bayonet on it
and then proceed to stick it in something and use the barrel as a pry bar or use it to butt stroke something. Or hold them like a plank between two guys so a third could use it as a step ladder to get a leg up on a wall.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm no Marine by far but I do see them in training once in awhile a few hours away. Marines beat the phug out of their stuff.
Here's some country I've spotted them rappelling down with their gear/packs though they were not there the day I snapped these photos a couple months ago (or they were in stealth mode):
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A few ILBEs in action, they do load them up.

The quality of these packs is quite good, I've owned both MR and Kifaru, and Propper Int'l (not Artyctex) does every bit as quality work (ILBE Stitch Count - Packs average 9-10 stitches per linear inch vs. the industry standard of 7-8 stitches per inch. This unique high stitch count is used on all of the seams, providing a stronger, better quality seam) These packs get tossed around quite a bit, on and off transport, cliffs etc.

As for the ILBE's alum stays, it has been upgraded to 7075-T6 aircraft grade aluminum (instead of the 6061 aluminum stays found in the civies Boras Bushcraft is beating his chest about in his flawed comparison). More on alum strengths - click here

Bushcraft's Bora alum stay: 6061 Yield Strength, 40,000 psi

ILBE alum stay (aircraft): 7075-T6 Yield Strength, psi 73,000

I'm sure if a poll was taken among these boys the results would vary on comfort as pack comfort is very subjective. Too many different body/physical types. Next time I'm up that way I'll have to pick a few Marine's thoughts on the ILBE, far more reliable info than some wannabe from the Kifaru forum.

[Linked Image]

MtnHtr

S
SU35 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Civie Bora's alum stay: 6061 Yield Strength, 40,000 psi

ILBE alum stay (aircraft): 7075-T6 Yield Strength, psi 73,000

Good point MtnHtr, no wonder I'm loading it up and finding it comfortable. True, it's subjective for each person but then I own an ILBE to know for sure.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
SU,

You know this already but I'll post this for the masses: both yield and ultimate tensile for 7075-T6 are at least 80% higher than 6061-T6.

MtnHtr

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
MtnHtr,

How exactly is my comparison flawed? When I called Arctery'x to verify that the suspension systems, including stays, of the Bora and the ILBE, the reps told me they are...IDENTICAL...as in...THE SAME.

If the designer/manufacturer of the pack(s) is wrong about what they are saying to the public about what goes into their packs (vs. you, who did not design or make the pack...or any packs for that matter), then how exactly is the rest of the world supposed to know the difference?

If they are in fact made from different grades of aluminum and I was misinformed by Arctery'x, fine. Installing better/thicker stays would be an excellent upgrade to an otherwise pretty decent $200 pack. Next up would be fixing the back padding and ventilation (or you could just by a better suspension system from the get go). And, while they are at it, they can get rid of the other BS stuff on the pack like the carry handles and so forth.

And, forgive me since my physics classes were a long time ago, but doesn't the load bearing capacity of a column decrease as the slenderness ratio increases? As such, wouldn't the numbers you posted with regard to yield strength have less to do with columnar buckling from axial and eccentric loads than what the deltas in the yeild strength figures you posted might otherwise imply? Hmmmmmmmm?

Keeping this slenderness ratio in mind as it relates to column buckling under axial and eccentric loads, if your ILBE's stays are of a different material, but still much thinner in comparison to the Kifaru G2 stays...how does that really help your thesis that my comparison was flawed exactly?

I'm curious, could you measure the stays in your IBLE and post a pic? Even better if you could post the side-by-side differences with your Kifaru G2 stays. wink

Allen

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
MtnHtr,

And, forgive me since my physics classes were a long time ago, but doesn't the load bearing capacity of a column decrease as the slenderness ratio increases?
Allen

Bushcraft,

No, I won't forgive you - fools hang themselves if given enough rope and what a mighty fine example you are!

The bottom line is this: You based your comparison using your civie Bora with 6061 alum stays instead of the ILBE's much stronger aircraft grade alum 7075-T6 alum stays againest Kifaru's G2 stays. So your comparison was flawed from the start, you are on a smear campaign.

And what's your point anyways on the stays? The ILBE's suspension is different in design anyways from the G2, the alum stays are only one part of the picture.

MtnHtr

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Speaking of fools hanging themselves, no, the bottom line is I called Arctery'x and they told me they were identical. And so I proceeded with the comparison.

Perhaps that is above and beyond your comprehension skills.

Look it up for yourself, if you can.

Anyway, the point is...since you obviously missed it...the stays are one of the most important components of this sort of internal frame pack suspension system. If one is inferior to another, that ought to be part of a valid review that people might reference when making a $200+ purchase.

I'm still curious, could you measure the stays in your IBLE and post a pic? Even better if you could post the side-by-side differences of your Arctery'x Bora/ILBE stays with your Kifaru G2 stays.

...oh that's right. You can't.

Which makes your input on the comparison all the more helpful to those that might be shopping for high quality hunting packs. Not.

S
SU35 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
The quality of these packs is quite good, I've owned both MR and Kifaru, and Propper Int'l (not Artyctex) does every bit as quality work (ILBE Stitch Count - Packs average 9-10 stitches per linear inch vs. the industry standard of 7-8 stitches per inch. This unique high stitch count is used on all of the seams, providing a stronger, better quality seam)

Mtnhtr,

You mention the stitching on these packs.
Did you find any difference between the MR, ILBE, and the Kifaru?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Speaking of fools hanging themselves, no, the bottom line is I called Arctery'x and they told me they were identical. And so I proceeded with the comparison.

Perhaps that is above and beyond your comprehension skills.

Look it up for yourself, if you can.

...the stays are one of the most important components of this sort of internal frame pack suspension system. If one is inferior to another, that ought to be part of a valid review that people might reference when making a $200+ purchase.

I'm not the one making claims here on how the Kifaru G2 is superior to the ILBE. You did in your OP and so the burden of proof is on you.

Anyway, the point is...since you obviously missed it...the stays are one of the most important components of this sort of internal frame pack suspension system. If one is inferior to another, that ought to be part of a valid review that people might reference when making a $200+ purchase.

Like I stated before, stays are only one part of the picture. If I want a super stiff pack, I'll go to an external. A small amount of flex is desirable in an internal pack IME - it makes for a more comfortable ride. Too much yield strength and one cannot bend the stays if needed on some folks. Anyone can add super stiff stays like you are touting on the G2 but stiffness is only one part of the picture. Kinda surprised you have not brought this up with all your experience packing meat.

SU35,

The sewing and materials are typical Arctery'x quality.

Now how would you know an ILBE's sewing is "typical Arctery'x quality" when you never had an ILBE in your hand?

Thats just one example of your foolish assumptions......

You got smoked, bottom line.

MtnHtr

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SU35

Mtnhtr,

You mention the stitching on these packs.
Did you find any difference between the MR, ILBE, and the Kifaru?

Yes, quite a bit. Unlike some my Kifaru's stitching was defective. Enough so to their credit they replaced the bag portion of it (Siwash)

And I would purchase another Kifaru in the future too. Great customer service on their end.

MtnHtr

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (219DW, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 1,645 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,993
Posts18,520,295
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.