Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I find it very hard to take people seriously who talk about armed revolution in the US because they don't like the legally elected government.....that's not protecting the constitution, its destroying it. It's called a coup...and if that's what you want....including killing off the majority whose will you are undoing....well, have at it. But don't pretend you're doing it under the Constitution.
We were not established as a democracy, Steve. Rule by the will of the majority is despotism every bit as much as rule by the will of one. You should know this stuff.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Can't argue with that. It IS Right Vs. Wrong. 100%

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Alan_R_McDaniel_Jr
What do you think our Dear Leader has been pushing for. He wants a revolt too,

So he can crush it.

Alan
Correct. But the plan doesn't originate with Odinka, or whatever his name is. He's a puppet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, between wanting to re-fight the Civil War, and gearing up for a new revolution, this is a busy place.

24 Hour CentCom.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate in recent history who has proposed shrinking the federal government to a manageable level,..and you saw how far *he* got.

People refuse to believe how bad the situation is,..or how much will have to be cut to put Humpty Dumpty together again.

They're going to have to experience it firsthand to believe it,...and there's certainly no guarentees that it can be rebuilt afterwards. In fact, historical precedent strongly indicates that it can't.

When empires collapse,..they don't rise back up.
Exactly.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
Man, between wanting to re-fight the Civil War, and gearing up for a new revolution, this is a busy place.

24 Hour CentCom.
gringringrin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
HaJ....that wasn't really directed at you, bro.

it was directed at people whose response to losing an election is to wish to turn the US into Lebanon or the Congo.....
It's not about who won, Steve. Bush was leading us on the same course. At the top, both parties are controlled by the same powers and intentionally taking us to the same place.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by wildswalker
Trust me, the sign you put down is plenty clear enough...........

So we still disagree?

It's true that the folks in Washinton have promised their constituents one thing, and delivered another. That's the betrayal I've kept mentioning. THAT is the fault of nobody but the politicians themselves.

That said, the fact that they KEEP getting elected, AND the fact that MOST of America does not vote, is what makes it the fault of the people.

Am I wrong on that?

I vote, my wife votes, and we're teaching the kids that voting is important.

Never been one to scratch my head in the voting booth either........

Not much interested in being an elected official, so what more do you want me to do...??

When my Freedom is threatened, and the voting doesn't work, and the rest of We The People feel the same way as I do....I'll fight.

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
My fear stems from the fact that we are still seeing the same old faces and hearing the same old platitudes from all the usual suspects. If we cannot find new and true men & women of character to step up to the plate we are in deep kimche, period.

It absolutely amazes me that folks deny that capitalism WORKS, but it is the only thing that can save this great nation, the government can not do it, it is in the way dammitt. Great advances in agriculture and manufacturing is what built us as a nation, not a bunch of hall walkers in DC fer cats sake.
Right, but capitalism needs to get the jack booted foot of tyranny off it's throat before it can do anything in the way of putting us back on the right track.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hot Topic,......no doubt 'bout dat.

H.A.J.,........sorry about the disconnect,.....assuming that things are "Busy" here on the Line would be a perspicacious call.
Only coming here for "Sanity Break".

PM in,..... 24-36 hr,....promise.

Best Regards,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ok, that is fair, and makes sense.

So, what you're saying is that the 1/3rd that IS active will always be the only ones that will be active. As such, it is up to them to effect the change. Since they all vote, and do their part, it's not their fault that the politicians betray them?

I agree with that for the most part.

My blaming "us" was more directed at those that are NOT involved. They are still Americans, so that's who I was referring to.

So, you see, really we (you and I) don't disagree, and my failure to communicate that was that. My apology stands, unless you want to plead ignorance on my view points? grin

Turdlike, by default.
B
B
Holy crap, I've been on here for 2 hours on this subject. Told my wife I was going browse online for more information to get ready for my elk hunt.......

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No worries CF!

Like I said before, I know you're a busy man. When you're ready, I'm ready bud!

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Best get busy man! This thread is going nowhere, and getting there FAST!

Turdlike, by default.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Here's what more. Go to TEA parties. Go door to door. Plant signs. Be seen. Be vocal. Carry banners. Boot leather it. Assemble. Challenge the bogus ideas of others. Go for it in every legal way possible.

Sitting around in a bath of vitriol, as is modeled by some here, has no positive effect. In fact, it just turns possible converts off. I have to be able to tell my grandkids what I did to stop the destruction.

An imperfect war of attrition is far preferable to violent revolt.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Here's my plan.

Stress to my kids that they need to learn career skills which will make them welcome in other countries.

This one is going to be eaten from within and without.
I'm afraid you're correct. Smart people with skills will be leaving for greener pastures soon.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Where are these welcoming greener pastures?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just yesterday, the EPA released a statement that said:

"We don't have the authority"

I realize that the looming elections had a role, but still - it's a step in the right direction. Follow that with another, and another; hold firm to every advance, start new fights at every opportunity, and we'll get there.

The people have awakened - and I'm glad for it.

Last edited by Mako25; 08/28/10.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The fail safe here is this November, IF the votes go the right way and we can gridlock The Supreme Muslim.

,..and elect who?

The same GOP that was on board for amnesty and the bank bailout,....and doubled the national debt during the 8 years they held office last time?

Let me know how that works out for ya.

When I cast my vote in November it will be to oust an incumbant that's not worth the air he breaths.....where's your vote(s) going, oh Great and Wise Bristoe.

I'm gonna write in my buddy, Bill again.

He's an old Marine who did a tour in Vietnam back in '68.

His platform is, "We live in a totally bullshit world".

He's a cranky sumbitch,..but I find his honesty refreshing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Where are these welcoming greener pastures?
They won't be welcoming, so best start making arrangements soon.

Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, Akhutr, 450yukon, 375sunrise, 907brass, 15 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,526
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.