Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
600,000 acres is no farm deer!

I will add that I hate the "style" of the picture taken in the first link. The deer is far in front of him to make it look larger than it actually is. Ain't no doubt it is big but it looks fake when done this way, just like the bass tourn. pics.

RH

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell that guy to throw it up on a pickup tailgate next time for his field pics. Yeah, that'll work. Or a concrete garage floor with the tongue hanging out....those are my favorites.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Tell that guy to throw it up on a pickup tailgate next time for his field pics. Yeah, that'll work. Or a concrete garage floor with the tongue hanging out....those are my favorites.

I also really like the pictures where they sit on its back and put either the arrow or the rifle in the rack. The only way to make this picture work though is if you don't smile. In fact, a scowl really sets this pose off! Lmao

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
and I don't like his goofy hat... and his camo doesn't match! smirk

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats right....and he can say it sux to be us!!

Thats a frikkin pig any way you slice it. I say good on him!!

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Karnis
Originally Posted by SLM
Having 600,000 acres leased is a far cry from farming deer.

Can you imagine how much the high fence, riding around monitoring the buck and changing his diet cost? Uffti, much more money that I've got I can tell you that.

sick

BTW, that is almost 950 square miles. Laid out like a pool table it's prolly closer to 3000.

You might wear out a few horses riding that fence. Funny how some people can turn "600,000 acres leased" into a farm raised deer on public land. Congrats to the guy for an awesome deer.

Last edited by SLM; 08/31/10.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Can anyone please point to where I said anything about fair chase or high fences. I didn't say anything about canned hunts either. I never said anything about public land being better or more respected than private land.

I did say that I thought I was misunderstood and that I didn't mean the deer are raised like cattle and let out of pens.

Look, these outfitters are in business to make money, bottom line. They manage the land to produce big bucks. The more you can afford, the bigger buck you can shoot. And anyone who thinks that these outfitters don't have a caravan of SUV's patolling the land with spotting scopes and radioing to each other are kidding themselves. Thats's how the shooter finds a buck like this on 600,000 acres. That's why I said "another record buck was bought". This guy had enough money to pay the outfitter to shoot the biggest buck on their land. And yes, I feel this way about anyone who would rather pay money to be led to a monster buck, than to work hard and be happy with what his work panned out.

Never be upset by getting old, many never get the privilege.

Knock knock. Who's there? 9/11. 9/11 who? You said you'd never forget.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AndyG

Look, these outfitters are in business to make money, bottom line. They manage the land to produce big bucks. The more you can afford, the bigger buck you can shoot. And anyone who thinks that these outfitters don't have a caravan of SUV's patolling the land with spotting scopes and radioing to each other are kidding themselves. Thats's how the shooter finds a buck like this on 600,000 acres. That's why I said "another record buck was bought". This guy had enough money to pay the outfitter to shoot the biggest buck on their land. And yes, I feel this way about anyone who would rather pay money to be led to a monster buck, than to work hard and be happy with what his work panned out.

It was killed on public land dumbass

You really think that the outfitter "managed" and "grew" this buck on public ground so a rich client could come and kill him? You should really not comment on things you know nothing about.

You have to draw this tag and anybody that drew that tag had an opportunity to hunt this particular deer. There was nothing exclusive about it.

Reading comments like yours make me want to puke

Last edited by huntsonora; 08/31/10.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by huntsonora

It was killed on public land dumbass

You really think that the outfitter "managed" and "grew" this buck on public ground so a rich client could come and kill him? You should really not comment on things you know nothing about.

You have to draw this tag and anybody that drew that tag had an opportunity to hunt this particular deer. There was nothing exclusive about it.

Reading comments like yours make me want to puke

You show me where it says the deer was shot on public land. I can show you where it says the outfitter that the man paid, controls over 600,000 acres. Which any dumbass like you can figure out, if a man is paying me enough to shoot a world record, I'm taking him to the private land, not public. PS, you're insults draw away any quality reasoning you have, it only makes you look like a country bumpkin.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Some people just have an axe to grind (in this case, it's obviously about money) and, I suspect, little big-country mulie experience -- and they won't let facts or common sense get in the way of an uninformed or ill-considered opinion.

Just out of curiosity, it would be entertaining to know just how much mule deer experience he's had in the West... or in Arizona... or in the Strip, specifically, which any mule-deer-hunter worthy of the name knows is famous for producing both big deer and tough hunts. Perhaps they don't see much of that back in Philly.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Actually, I have posted before about the wolves in Idaho, that I am new to Philadelphia. I have only been here about 5 years now. I spent the previous 30 near Coeur D'Alene, ID. Just north by Twin Lakes. So, I may not know about AZ hunts, but I do know about muley hunts. And I know enough that if you draw a tag, you and an outfitter don't just dumbluck stuble upon a world record, regardless of place or species.

And I wouldn't really say I have an axe to grind. I just have little respect for people who pay to be led to big bucks instead of working for a buck that's a trophy to them. The little respect would be none except for the fact that they are hunters and I would stand by them than against them.

Last edited by AndyG; 08/31/10.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You show me where it says the deer was shot on public land. I can show you where it says the outfitter that the man paid, controls over 600,000 acres. Which any dumbass like you can figure out, if a man is paying me enough to shoot a world record, I'm taking him to the private land, not public. PS, you're insults draw away any quality reasoning you have, it only makes you look like a country bumpkin.

I could give a rats ass what you could "show me" on an outfitters website. If you were educated whatsoever on what your talking about you would realize that some of the very best, if not THE very best, mule deer hunting in the world is on the Arizona Strip, which is public. You give any educated or informed mule deer hunter the option of hunting a 600,000 acre private ranch south of the Grand Canyon or the Strip, they'd take the Strip every damn time. So your basically an idiot if you would do what you said you would do and hunt the private ranch over the Strip. Furthermore, the private ground he has access to may be 600,000 acres but thats not just one ranch, thats a number of properties that combine to make 600,000 acres.

As for insults, it pisses me off every time I see some numbnut, such as yourself, come on and demean such an amazing accomplishment without knowing a damn thing about what they are commenting on. IMO, you insulted the hunter, the guide, the deer and the area by making those comments. Heck, comments like that are an insult to the sport of hunting in general because assumptions and rumors like that do nothing but hurt this sport.

My advice to you is to keep your mouth shut until after you've done more "research" on hunting out west.

Drummond

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

...So, I may not know about AZ hunts, but I do know about muley hunts..

No, you really dont if you've never heard of the Arizona Strip.

Saying that because you lived in Idaho for 30 years and because of your past residency you know about mule deer hunts would be like me claiming to know all about golf because I live on a golf course or knowing about brain surgery because I live close to a hospital. Your reasoning skills and your research skills are on par with one another

Drummond

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Well mr. anger management, if you would bother to read, I just said that I'm from northern Idaho. And that maybe I don't know about Arizona, but I do know about hunting the west. By the way you are so insulted, you must be either a richy rich trophy shooter (keyword, shooter-not hunter), or, by your rantings, a borderline alcoholic. Cheers, now go beat your wife and kick the dog.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Huntsonora, yes, it's exactly the same, stupid. Thats why I spend time here, because I am not a hunter and outdoorsman.

I am a hunter. I have hunted and killed mulies on both public and private land. By my own scouting and determination, not by paying someone to take me to them.

Last edited by AndyG; 08/31/10.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
And I wouldn't really say I have an axe to grind. I just have little respect for people who pay to be led to big bucks instead of working for a buck that's a trophy to them.

So by your logic, anyone who pays a guide or outfitter to hunt any animal anywhere on the planet deserves "little respect?" Or do you apply that logic solely to deer hunting? You've also made an astonishing leap to the mind-boggling conclusion that anyone who pays a guide or outfitter doesn't really "work for a buck?" And just how do you know that with certainty?

The more you argue, the deeper you dig the hole you've stepped into.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Well mr. anger management, if you would bother to read, I just said that I'm from northern Idaho. And that maybe I don't know about Arizona, but I do know about hunting the west. By the way you are so insulted, you must be either a richy rich trophy shooter (keyword, shooter-not hunter), or, by your rantings, a borderline alcoholic. Cheers, now go beat your wife and kick the dog.

Wow, you really don't pay attention do you, If you need help pulling your foot out give me a call LOL.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
And I wouldn't really say I have an axe to grind. I just have little respect for people who pay to be led to big bucks instead of working for a buck that's a trophy to them.

So by your logic, anyone who pays a guide or outfitter to hunt any animal anywhere on the planet deserves "little respect?" Or do you apply that logic solely to deer hunting? You've also made an astonishing leap to the mind-boggling conclusion that anyone who pays a guide or outfitter doesn't really "work for a buck?" And just how do you know that with certainty?

The more you argue, the deeper you dig the hole you've stepped into.

Whats more astonishing is you're ability to twist my words. Where do you make the leap from me saying "...pay to led to big bucks.." to you saying " anyone, anywhere on the planet hunting any animal". Did I say that, no. So go dig yourself a hole and fill it with words you want to put in my mouth.

Outfitters do have a place. Outfitters who only pander to rich trophy shooters are not hunters and poor for the sport.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by SLM

Wow, you really don't pay attention do you, If you need help pulling your foot out give me a call LOL.

Pay attention to what, the insluts. I'm not trying to make valid points and filling them with insults. I'm only insulting, just to insult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

I also really like the pictures where they sit on its back and put either the arrow or the rifle in the rack. The only way to make this picture work though is if you don't smile. In fact, a scowl really sets this pose off! Lmao

Those types of pics suck too. Maybe I just hate pictures...I don't know. blush

RH

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,570
Posts18,473,264
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.