Hop To
Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slg888
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by yukonal
Originally Posted by nsaqam
How about giving the courtesy of silence if you cannot provide appreciation.

Kinda reminds me of someone who can't stop biching about Tikkas every chance he gets...over and over and over.......

Maybe he'll read his own words.

Tikka isn't a paying sponsor of this site Einstein!

Use the whole quote.

Besides, not one of the people complaining about GreyBull reported actually using one.
I used and owned a T3 and found it to be a POS which wasn't worth the $399 I paid for it.
The discussion was over the listed price, not the quality nsaqam. Maybe you need to wipe the brown stink off your nose and buy this precision greybull. Show your support!

You gonna come wipe it Stoney?

Sorry for trying to show a little respect to Rick and the people who make this site possible.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nah, I'll let it crust up on there. Lol

You must have had a Tikka lemon because the 3-4 Tikkas Ive owned in the past shot extremely well. Guess once you have a bad experience, you never give it a second chance. Kinda like me with A-bolts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Slg888,

Just curious but if our rifle outperformed everything else out of the box how much should it be worth??

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it's good to see folks pushing the envelope for hunting rifles. I don't need it here in N. Texas, but for those who want/need a rifle capable of pulling far-away game a little closer they fill a niche.

It's no different than buying a Saleen/Callaway/Ruf modified car instead of a Nissan Sentra, buying a Patek Philippe/Breguet Swiss watch instead of a Timex at Wal-Mart, or buying a Cessna 150 instead of a restored P-51D Mustang.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JBurns
Slg888,

Just curious but if our rifle outperformed everything else out of the box how much should it be worth??

Are you implying your Precision rifle outperforms everything out there?

Depending on the components and builder is how I justify the price, although making a rifle 'outperform another rifle lay's a huge part on the shooter them self. You being a highly experienced shooter could probably make a out of the box Sako shoot just as well as most custom's. Or this Bat action w/Bartlein barrel which can be had for approx $3000.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by slg888; 09/09/10.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am not implying but am flat out saying our rifle outperforms anything else out of the box.

The picture shows a rifle for aprox $3000 with an optic for $2000 so now we are at $5000 with no barrel break in, no load development, no custom DCT and no ammo.

I absolutely guarantee our systems will outperform that rifle under real field conditions.

I will also say that is a very nice rifle. Be happy you have what you want. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
ahh'....welcome to the Fire'

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Three G's for that set-up with the S&B sounds like a good deal to me................................I'll take it...!!!!

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Slg888,

Well this is what he(Slg888) mentioned up top is he about right as to what he quoted below?

Originally Posted by clark98ut
So for $6000 you get a Leupold VX3, Bell & Carlson stock, and a Remington 700 action?
Maybe it's just a misprint? Cost of that build would be around $2000.00 + scope correct?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am not implying but am flat out saying our rifle outperforms anything else out of the box.

The picture shows a rifle for aprox $3000 with an optic for $2000 so now we are at $5000 with no barrel break in, no load development, no custom DCT and no ammo.

I absolutely guarantee our systems will outperform that rifle under real field conditions.

I will also say that is a very nice rifle. Be happy you have what you want. grin
Sorry, + scope.

JBurns, Obviously a few feel your rifle is pricey considering the components you list, but I will agree with Calvin, for a "turn key" rifle with 100 accurate rounds ready to go can be a sweet deal for a lot of folks.

Welcome to the fire, enjoy the criticism, praises, knowledge and especially the entertainment this site offers. It's all fun around here!

Post pics & videos of those kills for us!

Last edited by slg888; 09/09/10.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Confidence!

With this reply, some are heading for the kitchen to grab the popcorn.

Last edited by slg888; 09/10/10.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Sorry, + scope.

JBurns, Obviously a few feel your rifle is pricey considering the components you list, but I will agree with Calvin, for a "turn key" rifle with 100 accurate rounds ready to go can be a sweet deal for a lot of folks.

Welcome to the fire, enjoy the criticism, praises, knowledge and especially the entertainment this site offers. It's all fun around here!

Post pics & videos of those kills for us.
I reckon for 6bones I'll have Ole FeldKamp and/or Bansner doing something REALLY special for that kind of cheeze HAVE MERCY!. Just saying! Heck yeah I'd like to see some of them LONG SHOT videos as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I can't really understand how someone who buys a long range system should be considered a "slob hunter". I don't offer a system like John Burns does, but in the last 10 years I've put together a lot of Long Range Rifles and the people who buy them almost exclusively are highly dedicated shooters. Most of them are not rich city dudes, a lot of them are blue color guys. I wonder sometimes how they get the time and money. Long Range shooting is like a disease without a cure, but I doubt an armchair hunter would ever get that.

Dale

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
How do you figure?

In the same way that saying "I wouldn't buy a pack of gum at that store" could be seen as a shot at the grocer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok, I am going to offer 3 new custom rifle packages.

As you can see, you can choose your weapon depending if you want to fire standing (pump action), kneeling (break action - Spring Piston), or prone (Rear bolt action), as they are all custom tailored for each position.

You can fire 100 rounds of your own ammo, and our packages are guaranteed to outperform anything else you will find at any price. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

***We have yet to have an unsatisfied customer.

The firing line is HOT wink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LR videos our on his website for those who dare go look!

Some pretty fine shooting I might add.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Reloder28
While I do not have anything against L.R. shooting, I have often wondered how one can reasonably assess the quality of a game animal at 500+ yards in order to warrant the slinging of a bullet in its direction.

Will let you know after it is cooked.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Reloder28
While I do not have anything against L.R. shooting, I have often wondered how one can reasonably assess the quality of a game animal at 500+ yards in order to warrant the slinging of a bullet in its direction.

Spotting scope? Binoculars? I could tell one hell of a billy from 2 miles with 10x binos.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

SLG88, I'm sure your still stinging from that classic "in your face, think before you talk" reply by greybull.

Cracks me up how people who are bored out of their minds sit on the internet all day and rag on others.

To all the negative posters,You dont want to buy to buy a greybull rifle? Then dont..But keep your comments to yourself and mind your own business.This stuff really gets old..

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Slg888,

From a business perspective, it is worth whatever the market will bear, just like everything else. If you could sell all you can make at $10,000, then that is what it is worth.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (AceBall, 1OntarioJim, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 7887mm08, 14 invisible), 1,018 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,922
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.